Thread: "Bonus" resources

Default "Bonus" resources

How about an "auto-discard" or "disregard" bonus resources option.

When I'm mining gold for example and I get nickel, platinum, and cobalt, I have no use for these. Get frustrated deleting them all the time. If I was mining and I saw something of value, but it was currently unusable to and I was concerned about carrying the maximum load of my intended valuables, I wouldn't pick it up.
    Syntael Arclight
    - 100 Knoc / 100 Conj / 100 Wiz / 100 Sorc / 100 Mage / 100 Hlr
    92 Grdn / 88 Btlm / 76 Rngr / 60 Dru / 60 War / 44 Brsk / 20 Sct
    -100 Fit / 100 Out / 100 Tnk / 92 Arm / 87 Tlr / 81 Msn / 79 Mnr / 78 Wvr / 43 Wpn / 33 Jwlr

Xydrik Shadowscale
    -75 Drag / 81 Dcra

There's only 10 kinds of people in this world, those that understand binary, and those that don't...

Default Re: "Bonus" resources

Yeah - an auto discard button is a great idea. 99.9% of the time those bonus resources are useless and just an excuse to exercise the delete function. Not fun at all.

On the otherhand, it would be cool if when gathering resources, a gatherer would find occasional loot such as:
    (1) lost bag of coins - gatherer gains 50c-3s. - should be quite common, though higher denominations could be rare.
    (2) forms - rare
    (3) techs - very rare
    (4) crystals (when re-added to the game) - rare
    (5) treasure chest (player is given 100s) - very rare

When bonus loot such as this is found, there should be a text message and a sound effect alerting the gatherer.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

Oh, I forgot to mention... Those bonuses where you get an additional 10 of the item you are actually mining are good. Those can stay[;)]. More of those and less of the others would make me very happy[:D].
    Syntael Arclight
    -100 Fit / 100 Out / 100 Tnk / 92 Arm / 87 Tlr / 81 Msn / 79 Mnr / 78 Wvr / 43 Wpn / 33 Jwlr

Xydrik Shadowscale
    -75 Drag / 81 Dcra

There's only 10 kinds of people in this world, those that understand binary, and those that don't...

gopher65

That's an interesting idea Fireclaw. Didn't AE say before merger they were going to do something like that? The idea must have been dropped because of time constraints.

Both the increase of +10 bonus and the chance of finding treasure among the resources would be cool to have... not both, but with only 1 of the 2 I can live... and dump all the +5 higher tier and same tier stuff I am not interested in...
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

The Main Hall of Khazad-dum, fighting for freedom

LOL..be glad you didnt live in the Salt rock age[:P]
    "Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-menu!!"

Fhrain Fireheart
    Dwarven Berserker at Night, Paladin in the Day
    --Pain is Temporary, Glory is Eternal--

Bonus resources are usefull as ballast, especially when using reaping potions or working lower-tier resources. When you gather so much you get rooted, delete the bonus resources and you'll usually be able to move again.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

And it is a darn good thing those bonus hits exist since we cannot judge when to stop gathering until we are overful. I almost never seem to be able to hit the space bar at the magic moment, so those boni are needed to help out. [:P]

- Hrrunstar

Quote Originally Posted by Fhrain
    LOL..be glad you didnt live in the Salt rock age[img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img]
    Good point... I remember the days of mining Iron and pulling up salt. I think the problem was I was actually mining a giant rust node.
    Syntael Arclight

Xydrik Shadowscale
    -75 Drag / 81 Dcra

I'm pretty happy about the bonus ressources. BUT: it seems the higher your skill gets, the less boni you get. But while I have no use for those nice cobalt and nickel ores at low skill, I rarely ever get any at high skill. why ? [:(]

The higher the skill is, the more often the bonus should kick in. Not the other way round [N]
    Dvergar Blutaxt @ Unity (former ICE) / Paladin 97 - Mason 100 // before hibernation

There is also a gap between Tier 4 and Tier 5 when looking at the bonus... [H]
    So it is not only annoying but also incomplete... [;)]

Tier 1gives Tier 1 +2
    Tier2 givesTier2 +3
    Tier3 givesTier3 +4
    Tier4 givesTier4
    Tier5 gives Tier5 +6
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Those extra Bonus are great for Gems thought, since the bonus is giving the same Tier of Gems you are quarrying.
    KalidoRs KaZaN
    Adv 100/crafter 100/Lairshaper 100 Ancient Dragon
    Chaos Shard

When the bonus is the same material than the oneI am gathering I dont mind to get it, but when I do my dragon crafter trainer quests and I need 35 Periodot, Emerald or Fire Opal...
    I really dont need Diamond/Ruby or Saphire as a bonus...
    I (lvl 100 craft without craftscales) hardly have the skill to do T5 gems at 4:1 so let alone that T6 is of any use for me apart from selling at the PB or deleting it...
    This being for all ranges... Newbie Tier 1 players have no use for Tier 2 bonus stuff...

Either give treasure or more+5 to +20bonus of the material I am gathering...
    Dump the current system... [H]

I am very fond of the bonus nickel and cobalt when I am mass-mining iron for construction. I just tuck them away, and some of the iron goes to my cobalt bar stash. I've managed to frugally fill half a tier II silo with cobalt bars out of bonuses and I almost never have to go mine a cobalt node. (Yes, a guildmate did put the other half of the cobalt in there, and I made a bunch from a cobalt golem that jumped me once, but the bulk is from bonuses:) ).

I treasure my bonus resources, even if I have to remember to delete the ones I don't want before stepping away full from a not-yet-depleted node. Though I join in the chorus of praise for They Who Ended the Salt Rock.

-Levity Merrel, Crai Aisling, Sans AoP by Aiya's pad
    100 Blacksmith/63 Fitter/45 Mason/45 Carpenter/78 Reaver

Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    I am very fond of the bonus nickel and cobalt when I am mass-mining iron for construction. I just tuck them away, and some of the iron goes to my cobalt bar stash. I've managed to frugally fill half a tier II silo with cobalt bars out of bonuses and I almost never have to go mine a cobalt node. (Yes, a guildmate did put the other half of the cobalt in there, and I made a bunch from a cobalt golem that jumped me once, but the bulk is from bonuses[img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img] ).

I treasure my bonus resources, even if I have to remember to delete the ones I don't want before stepping away full from a not-yet-depleted node. Though I join in the chorus of praise for They Who Ended the Salt Rock.

-Levity Merrel, Crai Aisling, Sans AoP by Aiya's pad
    100 Blacksmith/63 Fitter/45 Mason/45 Carpenter/78 Reaver
    I agree this is the one time when bonus resources are welcome, due to the difficulty of working with cobalt. For most other cases however the bonus resources are worthless, which is why I suggested the option of allowing us to have an auto-discard. That way everyone is happy.

To give further clarification, I think bonus resources should still exist. We should have an option to turn off bonus resources. However, the option should not disable bonus resources of a resource you are mining. So if you're mining gold and you enable auto-discard, you still get the occasional 10 bonus gold, but you would no longer get nickel, cobalt, etc.

Syntael Arclight

Xydrik Shadowscale
    -75 Drag / 81 Dcra

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy
    There is also a gap between Tier 4 and Tier 5 when looking at the bonus... [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-11.gif[/img]
    So it is not only annoying but also incomplete... [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img]

Tier 1gives Tier 1 +2
    Tier2 givesTier2 +3
    Tier3 givesTier3 +4
    Tier4 givesTier4
    Tier5 gives Tier5 +6
    Yup.

Re: Missing game content Posted by: Jaraiden
    Posted: 12-09-2004
    in the Suggestions forum. Tier IV bonus resources are lacking, as in an occasional tier V resource. Tier I has II, Tier II iron has nickel and cobalt, Tier III has IV, and heard Tier V has some VI. Seems ... More ... Tier IV bonus resources are lacking, as in an occasional tier V resource.

Tier I has II, Tier II iron has nickel and cobalt, Tier III has IV, and heard Tier V has some VI.

Seems tier IV has been left out - you know Jade/Opal/Topaz giving Emerald/Peridot/Fire Opal (I think), Obsidian giving marble, Cobalt giving Mithril, Bright essence giving Shining.
    I like that bit of nickel and cobalt with iron myself.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireclaw
    Yeah - an auto discard button is a great idea. 99.9% of the time those bonus resources are useless and just an excuse to exercise the delete function. Not fun at all.

On the otherhand, it would be cool if when gathering resources, a gatherer would find occasional loot such as:
    (1) lost bag of coins - gatherer gains 50c-3s. - should be quite common, though higher denominations could be rare.
    (2) forms - rare
    (3) techs - very rare
    (4) crystals (when re-added to the game) - rare
    (5) treasure chest (player is given 100s) - very rare

When bonus loot such as this is found, there should be a text message and a sound effect alerting the gatherer.
    thats actually a fairly nifty idea, and would definately make the digging more interesting. personally i too hate it whenim mining one material and i keep getting materials from other tiers or completely different material all together. in one load or iron i usually have to delete about 20 silver 10 granite and 10 err nickel. and its absolutely annoying, although still better then the days of salt rock AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Thread Information