Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's up with all the disconnects??

Enlil Huyuk

Default What's up with all the disconnects??

It's almost impossible to group hunt with all the disconnects. Group members drop like flies. And soloing? I got 5 dps from disconnecting in the middle of a group of mobs and logging backin dead [:@]. I know this isnt an issue on my end. It seems to be effecting the entire server. I'm not sure why this is suddenly happening. Ive never had problems like this before. I've disconnected 3 times in the last hour and a half. [^o)]

Default Re: What's up with all the disconnects??

be prepared for the " its your machine not the game" speech.

When in reality it is a combination of both. In that the client asks a lot of your machine if you aren't at least double the recomended specifications.

Could also be an ISP issue between you and their servers. Or the most likely cause is an issue with Limelight hosting the company that hosts the servers for Horizons.

Could be anything. Might want to put a "support ticket" in asking them to check on things.

Chiyuu

I've been having the same issues for roughly 2 months now. I never have any issues with any other programs, my internet connection is never disrupted, but I can expect to get kicked from game for "losing my connection to the shard" at least once every 2-30 minutes.

Check your latency. Several ISPs provide cheap high bandwidth but "switch" it so the data arrive in bursts instead than in a continuous stream (or have other issues that anyway increase the true time to response from you and them). Which games like Hz demand.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Chiyuu

Quote Originally Posted by Vahrokh
    Check your latency. Several ISPs provide cheap high bandwidth but "switch" it so the data arrive in bursts instead than in a continuous stream (or have other issues that anyway increase the true time to response from you and them). Which games like Hz demand.
    I have no latency problems while connect to horizons or any other games. I've even used a latency monitor with one of my webhost's servers in new zealand. It's not a problem with my ISP, it's just random network disconnects on AE's end.

Weird thing is, more and more people are having disconnect problems but this last month is the most stable Hz has played on my machine. [:S]

I'm, on average, dropping once in every 12 or so hours of game play now and the drop is linked to my ISP.
    Gliding Frost
    Dark Defenders
    Adult May 16, 2004
    Ancient October 2005

I logged in for the first time in about 2 weeks yesterday and was dropped 4 times in 2 hours. I wasn't even porting :O I wonder if that last client broke something. I am going to clear world cache next time I successfully log out and see if that fixes anything.

-HratLi

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

Efton

Until the updates in Januaury, I never dropped. But this month after the updates i drop ALOT..5 times this past weekend alone. I tried clearing world cache, ran scan disk and defrag, tested latency, not porting, etc... But still crash with a transport error...if I get any notification. Not sure what is going on but it doesn't seem to be from my end...

You all aren't the only ones. Up until about a week ago, I've had relatively few transport errors. If they did occure, it was due to my ISP during the hours of 9-10 PM EST. Don't know what their problem was.

But about a week ago, I have been disconnecting with an average of 3 times per hours. I'll play fine for bout an hour or 2, then disconnect. It's not my ISP, the monitor shows my connection is ok, I can still browse, download, etc.

When I reconnect, I log in, am ok for bout 2 minutes, than i drop. I try again, I'm ok for 2 min, then drop again, etc. Got to the point where I just stopped trying.
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

Tahrl

When I exit out of the game normally, I can restart and play again, however if the game 'disconnects' me,and I try to restart, I get a bluescreen (crash) as soon as I touch the keyboard. This is not the 'blue screen of death', but the 'sux2bu press any key to continue' screen.

My reasoning is that since this bluescreen only happens after a 'disconnect' it's got to be as a result of some condition that's been introduced by the game program. A reboot is the only way to get back up and running for me after a 'disconnect'.

i've been playing for over a year now and got disconnected about 8 times in all.
    I have a crappy computer but cable connection.

Charlson

A lot of people who usually have no problems were getting random disconnects on Order today, or trouble logging in. Something is wrong... oh well, patch tomorrow...

Enlil Huyuk

Although I've never had problems before... I have found that a way to stop the hourly (or more frequent) disconnects is to turn off environmental and spell effects. Makes fora more boring game but who cares as long as I stay connected. I'm just confused as to why its happening all of the sudden. I've been playing for a year on several different computers (current is brand-new, state of the art) and never had this happen before ever[:^)] Oh well, seems turning environmental effects off helped me. Maybe next patch I can turn them back on [:D]

Staff :: Developer

Hi all, I'm a tester for Horizons and I'm looking into the recent reports of disconnects. We've had more disconnects on Blight recently as well, but haven't been able to track them down to any specific problem. So far all we see is a bad internet connection. We?d like to collect more information, so if you?re one of the people having frequent disconnections, please send in some logs and we?ll analyze them.

To turn on your logs, open the Horizons folder before starting the game. There is an application named enable_debug.exe that you can double-click to run. Running this program will turn on logging abilities. (To turn this back off, run the disable_debug.exe in the same folder when the game is not running). Once you log into the game, please go to the start gem menu\options\options tab. At the very top is the option ?Enable Debug Logs?. Please check this box and apply/Ok. To contribute your logs, please compress them with any file compressor you may have, like WinZip or rar, etc? and send them to me at [email protected]. Please include the following logs for frequent disconnection (these will be found in your ~Horizons\logs folder after you are disconnected or exit the game, and before you try to connect to the game again.):
    1) Client_degug_log_02-01-05_11_03_57.txt
    2) Client_net_log_02-01-05_11_04_01.txt
    3) Machinename_pt_20050201_110357.log

Please also include some details with your logs:
    1) Connection speed and type (i.e. 56k dialup, 1.5M dsl, cable, etc?)
    2) Computer specs (i.e. 1.4G, 512RAM, Ti4200 64M, etc.)
    3) What you were doing when disconnected (moving, sitting, looting, fighting, grouped? Etc.).
    4) How frequently you get disconnected.
    5) Any other details you think may be related to your problem or that could be helpful to us in determining what was going on when you were disconnected.

Logs will be written to your Horizons\logs folder for each play session you have them enabled, and when a new play session is started the logs from the last session are moved to the Horizons\logs_old folder. If you forget or don?t want to turn them off, you should be aware that they will be filling up your hard drive space and you should delete the old ones periodically.

I?m sorry for anyone who?s been getting disconnected, I know I certainly don?t like getting dropped when I?m trying to do something. I?m hoping at this point that this is an issue that we can fix, as opposed to it just being something we have to hope someone else fixes or that we learn to live with. I haven?t actually had any problems connecting from home or work, so the more details we get the better. So thanks in advance for any info you can help provide us on this.
    ~Illyist
    ~Aru

Quote Originally Posted by Illyist
    To contribute your logs, please compress them with any file compressor you may have, like WinZip or rar, etc? and send them to me at [email protected]. Please include the following logs for frequent disconnection (these will be found in your ~Horizons\logs folder after you are disconnected or exit the game, and before you try to connect to the game again.):
    1) Client_degug_log_02-01-05_11_03_57.txt
    2) Client_net_log_02-01-05_11_04_01.txt
    3) Machinename_pt_20050201_110357.log

Please also include some details with your logs:
    1) Connection speed and type (i.e. 56k dialup, 1.5M dsl, cable, etc?)
    2) Computer specs (i.e. 1.4G, 512RAM, Ti4200 64M, etc.)
    3) What you were doing when disconnected (moving, sitting, looting, fighting, grouped? Etc.).
    4) How frequently you get disconnected.
    5) Any other details you think may be related to your problem or that could be helpful to us in determining what was going on when you were disconnected.
    Two disconnects within 2 hours . . . am doing the above, but am very unhappy (second was a hard reset as ctrl-alt-delete didn't work). Was much more stable before this.

Edit: You do know each zipped set of files is about 1 meg. How big is your e-mail box?
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Ebel

i can't count how many times i droped, so it is not on our end

just got dropped for the third time in a hour, been like this for the last 4-5 days....this is getting really old really fast.

*EDIT* make that 5 times now, last 2 times i logged in it lasted less than 5 minutes each, this better be resolved really fast.
    Malacast
    100/100 Dragon
    Drizzat
    140/186 rated Sslisk

Maelstrom
    Order

2 more

First two were standing still

Second two were mining ore

********, another hard reset.

You know, it's nice that WoW gives credit for such problems. Sadly TulgAE won't do that.

Edit: Well, no more playing. I've hard reset this computer too many times for this game. Will wait for a fix by TulgAE. Am expecting some credit too.

Submitting support ticket.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

I've Never had ctd problems until tonight.

Logged in after the patch and between 3 am (central usa) i crashed 5 times.

Only ones crashing in my guild is another dragon.

i'm totally unplayable till its fixed.

sharduk

On the plus side my drops seems to have subsided. I cleared my world cache, rebooted all the servers/hubs/switches in the house, and stopped crafting in that area hehe...

-HratLi

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

Thread Information