Thread: WA animating the Gifted during death

Default WA animating the Gifted during death

Ok.. this may be way out there in thought and possibilities of implementation, but I thought I'd suggest the "ideal" anyways [:D]

Event: the Wa have somehowfound a way to animate those Gifted that are killed within the areas of Blight, to command and use them for their own evil purposes. Upon death a slight gust of blight surrounds the body of the dead Gifted and animates it into an evil creature that is now apart of the WA army.

So.. lets say I'm fighting the WA in a blighted area and I'm killed. A green mist surrounds my corpse and then an exact duplicate of my character is made (of course in a cool animated way), only this copy of my character is now evil in the form of a ghost, zombie, skeleton ect., that must be dealth with. Example, my lvl 71 paladin, Zarcharien Justice,dies in a blighted area, killed by the WA. My corpse is animated as a lvl 71 zombie anti-paladin, retaining the same stats, skills ect as I had in life and now is named Zarcharien Justice_WA that roams the blighted area killing the Gifted until being destroyed. Of course, only one animated duplicate could be made at anytime to prevent as mass number of the animates roaming the lands.

Ok..maybe not the exact way as I described it, but you get the genral ideal. Any thoughts?

[Edit-Clarification]- of course, i'm not talking about us playing undead characters although that always a nice thought [:D], we would just be rez'd or recall as normal, only difference is,is now we leave behind a copy of ourselves as undead.
    - The Paladin is the Judge, the Jury and Executioner!
    - Zarcharien Justice - Lvl 100 Paladin & 71 Armorer
    - "Evil can only triumph, if Good stands by and does nothing."

Default Re: WA animating the Gifted during death

NWN has some mobs that once you start to fight with them they mimic your toon.. they are pretty tough but weaker than the player i think.

Anyway should there not be some creature nearby for making the copy of theyour deceased corpse.. or should every death in the blight area become a duplicate of the toon that died ?

Maybe the earlier suggested Necromancer mobs could do it..

However this evil twin comes to be its a great and fun idea [:D] [Y]

100 Warrior |100 Guardian |100 Healer
    Unity [former Ice]

wich one would you pick ?

right, ..my first thought was to have an undead shaman or mage or something come along and do the animation. I just thought it would be easier, codeing and implementationwise,to have a blight mist appear around your body showing the true power of the blight itself. This would save having to alter the code of WA mobs.

you know what would be even neater, using this ideal the WA amass an army of undead player copies, and attack a town like the old events used to have the WA do. imagine being called to the defense of dalimond only to see your evil duplicate there, with its mangled body BWUAHAHA[6]

id feel bad for who ever had to face and undead Frons...[:S].i'd prolly start running the moment Id encounter him...[:^)]
    Frons Von Frik - Order

Only problem with this idea stems from the problem with every MOB but magnified from multi-classing.

AI

A multi-multi-multi-multi-multi classed toon spamming random buffs/abilities/spells would not make for a tough challenge. Not even an undead Frons. Unlike the real Frons the IQ drops through the floor and becomes a highly rated dummy.
    Sajid,
    Lone Lizard of the Apocalypse

Champions of Honor

You domake a good point on this aspect Sajid; I to have often thought about this issue, I just haven't come up with an alternative solution to this problem. Suggestions anyone, if there is even one?

let the *clones* play the active school only.. or have someone to program Ai Ai Ai all day long [:P]

Still need desent Ai for one school.
    100 Warrior |100 Guardian |100 Healer
    Unity [former Ice]

wich one would you pick ?

aye you are right.. the mobs AI is so simple... if this were to happen the undead mob would pick the most basic ability or move and repeat it over and over again...
    Frons Von Frik - Order

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

I'd hate to think how the dragons would take that on their runs for the RoP.

Siakak the dragon goes out and fights Kaa and dies. Blight possession. Now, Siakak has Kaa to face as well as the evil Siakak.

Definitely would make RoP hounding more interesting.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Lffayen

Not to mention fighting blight anchors... or the big shadow dragon for RoP or anything else really really big that can kill big players...

Thread Information