Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: more then 1 plot per account on unity

Default Re: more then 1 plot per account on unity

i have 2 accounts to own 2 plots

if it is intented to own up to 5 plots per account then i can save this money [:P]

Soulsmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Kumu Honua
    If they somehow have a plot for each character, then they are exploiting a system somewhere somehow.
    I'M TALKING ABOUT UNITY (can't know about NA, i play in european server)

Nope all people can have 1 plot per character in Unity, no need to do anything but pressBUY button. maybe that's different on other realms, couse on unity there is less people?

Well that i don't know. I know just the fact everyone can have more than 1 plot per account. I checked around before buying new plots, everyone do that openly so seemed to me like it was no prob.

It is impossible to have 2 or more cdkeys on one account also in Unity.

Vlisson i think u should buy the plot u need yes.
    If u want to put restriction on that, "common rule" should be to buy only the plot u are going to build something onto. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Kumu Honua
    Just because the game lets you do something doesn't mean it's not a bug/exploit.
    Ofcourse it does mean exactly that. In this case it's not like oh oops I meant 10 instead of 100 or some little typo-thingy like that. As I pointed out before that's the beauty about a virtual world, what is possible is allowed otherwise... make it not possible.

And it's not that you get your second plot for free, you have to work for the money to buy it and you have to work to get your structures done.
    She heard Nanny say: 'Beats me why they're always putting invisible runes on their doors. I mean, you pays some wizard to put invisible runes on your door, and how do you know you've got value for money?'
    She heard Granny say: 'No problem there. If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.'

What constitutes an exploit and what is simply intelligently taking advantage of game features in unanticipated (by the devs) ways is always a gray area. I recall a huge divide in the community over whether drown-rez-walk / drown-rez-walk to the (then otherwise inaccesible) islands was an exploit or simply smart play. Heck, one dev tacitly agreed it was ok when asked, and they still labeled it an exploit later.

I think this one isn't too gray, though. When the developers and documentation state they want the game to work a certain way (in this case, one plot per account) and the mechanics allow you to do otherwise, and you knowingly utilize the bugged (or not complete) mechanics to go against the documented intention to your advantage, you are exploiting.

If you could buy something and then immediately sell it backfor more, would you keep doing it to get rich, even if the game allowed it? Well no, that's obviously a bug and you're an exploiter if you use it. Anything else about "well I still have to earn the money to buy the plot" is a red herring, a diversion, a rationalization. You're exploiting a game problem, and preventing another person from having the most decent plot they could expect to have in doing so. For shame.

(Note: If Unity is being run differently from Chaos by it's owners, I retract all accusatory comments, I'm assuming they have the same set of rules.)
    Foxfire Godspell, Ice Queen of Istaria, Dark Defenders
    Manta Guild Community @ Collinswood
    Knoc/Conj, Mastercraftswoman -and-
    Ravagice, Horde Fueled WunderWyrm

Soulsmaster

Uhm i searched the europe site and the login page for some rules... can say couln't find anything regarding the"plots per account" thing... Well if someone can link a page in can be useful. major language of europe is english anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxfire
    What constitutes an exploit and what is simply intelligently taking advantage of game features in unanticipated (by the devs) ways is always a gray area.
    Can't see any "smart" use of a bug in clicking a buy button.U know if u could find a hidden combination of clicking it, or a sequence, can be a thing.. but i think just clicking it normally like it is a trade window, isn't that ingenious. and also easy to correct as mechanic if not wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxfire
    If you could buy something and then immediately sell it backfor more, would you keep doing it to get rich, even if the game allowed it?
    U're right here, happened quite some times in the past...I wishI could see the money these guys exploited deleted but this is a thing that is never happened.

On the European site:

http://europe.istaria.com/eng/page.p...nity&sec=1

"Players in Horizons will be able to have one plot of land at a time."

Note it says one plot per player, not toon.

And again at:

http://europe.istaria.com/eng/page.p...p;mid=Property

I don't think it's as simple as clicking on the "buy" button - you have to have guest accounts linked to your main account, or cancelled accounts, or however it works. It seems you have to have some knowledge to get around the intended limitation. Almost certainly so if you have 5 of them.

I'm sorry to disappoint you but it really IS that simple.
    She heard Nanny say: 'Beats me why they're always putting invisible runes on their doors. I mean, you pays some wizard to put invisible runes on your door, and how do you know you've got value for money?'
    She heard Granny say: 'No problem there. If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.'

gopher65

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsmaster
    U're right here, happened quite some times in the past...I wishI could see the money these guys exploited deleted but this is a thing that is never happened.
    This has happened on the US servers many times. There was also a hoard rollback for dragons (not sure if this was made permenant or not).

Quote Originally Posted by Sigi1985
    I'm sorry to disappoint you but it really IS that simple.
    Well if it's that simple, it's simply broke. We can all agree that is should be fixed. Looks like we're gonna have to agree to disagree on the morality of ignoring intended gameplay to the detriment of fellow players. Even in your in-guild-community-plot scenario, you now have a storage or mech advantage over your fellow players that choose or are forced to abide by the one key = one plot intent.

gopher65

This is similar to having two accounts. They are paying for two plots, so they can have them. I don't see anything wrong with this, esspeically given the large number of avalible plots (at least on the US shards).

No, no, this is different gopher. I have 2 accounts and 2 plots in my guild community - nothing wrong with that. They're talking about owning 1 account, but having 5 plots - there's some bug / workaround in Unity that let's them do this.

there are literally hundreds upon hundreds of empty plot son unity - the geniva isle is deserted - the massive place with 50 - 60 plots is still for sale still the same scenerio too many plots too fewer players

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

I think there are hundreds of plots on all shards that are empty. Technically, there are two fixes to this (if you see it a problem).

1. Number of active CD keys has to increase (either by new players or current players buying extra accounts).

2. Decision by the devs and staff that having a plot per character is acceptable rather than one plot per CD key.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

its not a discussion about to much unused plots

its a discussion if its legal to own 5 plots with 1 account

and i hope it will be fixed soon!

@AE tell us whats the correct way!!! 1 plot or 5 plots per account

but the NA servers are the original

Unity is only a copy so im confused how its possible at unity to own more plots [^o)]

i think its fine to own a max of 5 plots per acount - theres enough of them in the world to own and also there is the scenerio of 2 people laying the same account and in different guilds - each person could want a plot of thier own - persoanlly i dont c anything wrong with more than 1 plot per account. in the end if the person wants more he/she will have to work for the money and build it up too - plots nowadays aint cheap and there is like loads to b chosen from in the new world. in the end it does boil down to the amount of plots avilable on each shard that are free, true if there is not so many plots 1 per account is fine but as it stands that is enough for 5 per account and most likely some spare. I myself would like to own another plot to save me running all the way to my current one - sort of an outpost

Answer this then. Let us say that the population in Istaria skyrockets as an influx of people join the game. Would you be happy to lose the 4 plots you are not entitled to? They all pay for 1 CD key and are entitled to a plot. Having more then 1 plot without paying the extra accounts is squatting. I don't think Istaria has squatters rights. [;)]
    Bori Grimbattle --->The Dwarf
    Sinistre Azazael---> The Fiend
    Adramaleck Flerious--->The Dragon

~Mystic Blades~
    ~Jambi,Order~

so no official statement for us?

the manual (delivered with the cd) shows: 1 plot per account

so all who have more then this are exploiters

AE/Tulga whats going on? you ignore this problem

Ive recently heard that this 'problem' has been around since the major patch (where the world changed) many people have owned more than 1 plot eva since they were up for auction.

yes there are some rich guys owning 2-3 superior plots

and some other honest players only 1 good plot

i hope there will be something done in the next weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And there are also some totally NOT rich people who own more than one plot. I bought the little only R and not in high demand plot (there are a lot of similar and unsold plots in the neighbourhood) next to my also not so big or superior *main* plot because I got depressed of having bare neighbouring land.

And I do consider myself as an honest player. You can point out your problem with it (and I could have said, who cares? but I didn't) but keep your insults and insinuationsto yourself please.

Thread Information