Thread: My suggestions for a better Horizons...

Default My suggestions for a better Horizons...

Add loot to critters, and I mean useable loot, the player run economy in this game is not cutting it. Can't find half the stuff you need in shops. Would actually make adventuring enjoyable to kill a critter and find a unique weapon or armor on it. Or even some really nice crystals instead of the junk they currently have. Critters don't drop hardly anything, and when they do, it's resources and that's about it.

Trophy Hunter quest is a joke, should have left it Task Officer's!

Performance - This is a must, for a game thats been out almost a year now, I can't believe the performance is still as horrible as it is. This is by far the worst game out there for performance. My wife and I are both running high end gaming systems, and this game still looks and runs horrible!

Add some nice quest to this game, group quest especially, with nice rewards. The current quest system and rewards are not worth anything. I mean getting a quest, running to every town to talk to other NPC's then returning when done for 500 copper. Who the heck thought up a quest like that, I spent more then 500 copper just going from town to town to talk to the stupid NPC's.

Anyways, to close this out. I doubt any of this will happen, especially the better performance as almost a year later, it still hasn't been fixed. But it would sure bring back a lot of players if some of this did occur or end up in game...

Later to all,
    Have fun.

Default Re: My suggestions for a better Horizons...

I do believe that poor performance, especially awful client framerates, has cost and continues to cost HZ more players than any other factor. Framerate is far below par. Compare to any other game out there with comparable graphics and Hz runs extremely poorly.

At this point, AE probably needs to toss the entire graphics engine and restart with a new tried and trusted graphics engine. Unfortunately, the cost of licensing a tried and trusted graphics engine and the development resources needed to apply it are far beyond what AE is capable of affording at this point.

Still, there are some problems that AE should be able to fix (poor culling of hidden polygons, memory leaks, etc.). Unfortunately, given that the game has been out 10 months, and that much of the original development staff was laid off and these critical faults are still in the game, I doubt that AE is capable of solving these problems.

Fortunately, those who still love and play the game now are used to the poor framerates so they are not such a big issue. However, poor performance creates a very bad first impression for new players or those returning from a long hiatus. Because of these performance issues, I doubt Hz's subscription base will ever grow beyond what it is at present.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

There is useable loot on the CS, hopefully more usable loot (blighted items) will be comming soon. But for the most part at present we only have the native creatures of istaria to fight most of which do not carry weapons so its not logical for them to drop loot. Why would a golem who has a built in smacking stick drop say a sword? We also do have techs and forms which are useable.

Has also been stated in the past that crystals will be reviewed at some stage. I hope they start dropping sometime and are better than before.

Trophy hunter Is good but I would like to have both the ITO and trophy hunter. Its nice not having to recall every 30 kills and just being able to turn them in after a day of non stop hunting.

On the other quests I agree more quests would be much appreciated with decent rewards. Group quests would also be good.

The performance of the client has been improving and at times there have been significant improvments in framerates after updates.

AE has stated they are giving a priority to improving performance of the client and even hired back one of the staff who used to work on that.
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

Very sad and true. Honestly if they didn't have flying dragons, i think half of their customers would leave. Myself included. Whoever picked this engine to run this game needs to be shot. If only they could get more funding and hire some people to fix it at least. Maybe their new supporter can help out a bit.

Yep, allot of my friends and family left the game due to many of the issues eveyone just described, especially the performance. However, they do check inwith me often just to seehow things are going because the want to come back, but sadlyI have to tell them they should wait awhile longer. I cannot in good faith at this point tell them to come back, I wish I could though and hope I can soon because it was allot funner when they was here.

Being a guild of one for the last 2 months is starting to make me feel kinda stupid [:D], but I shall continue on because I enjoy the game!
    - The Paladin is the Judge, the Jury and Executioner!
    - Zarcharien Justice - Lvl 100 Paladin & 71 Armorer
    - "Evil can only triumph, if Good stands by and does nothing."

lets not turn this game into another diablo 2 clone please. Loot as it is to me seems just fine. Its just they need more NEED for the items to be crafted. Decaying items, breaking, used up in some way, that will be better for crafting. Adventurers can sell what they find , or trade for weapons/armor/items they need.

Solinarus

The best thing AE can do to make the game better......I'd have to say would be give it away to someone else.....new management most importantly, and yesI do know they are talking of selling. But I mean completely change everyone that is currently working on this game and find new people, possibly players who actually have experience with the issues and know what need to be fixed. Not like it'd ever happen, but AE would do best by giving up because they obviously can't cut it themselves.

Perhaps you thought you were on the VN boards?

Absolutely everyone at AE needs to go? Really? Perhaps that's just a little too broad a generalization, ya think?

I mean giving your opinion that the game company "can't cut it" right now is one thing, but really, you must have a fairly large brush.
    Foxfire Godspell, Ice Queen of Istaria, Dark Defenders
    Manta Guild Community @ Collinswood
    Knoc/Conj, Mastercraftswoman -and-
    Ravagice, Horde Fueled WunderWyrm

Robert Quicksilver

If AE had any resources they ought to rewrite the entire graphics engine or buy a new one. Sadly they don't. Never know might get lucky and stumble across an open source graphics engine that does exactly what they want and no-one has to pay a bean, but I doubt that too. LOL

Thread Information