Thread: Conjurer - the forgotten Class...

Starlight-Night

Default Conjurer - the forgotten Class...

I play a Conjurer Since the First day of the official Release...
    i was in hope that they will give him some powers that will allow him to use his "summoning" skills in the way they used to be.

but all i get was 4 spells : Ice Hammer / Flame Spear / Ice Attack and Training Conjurers Mark.

All Spells are very slow and dont have real special damage... and high level mobs are nearly immune against Summoning.

First it was Funny with "Fireflys" cause the enemy was rootet .. and not snared with 80% ..... now its useless.

the only root i have is Binding Crystals and that gives a "Fire Resist"... what aboutICE BOLTand Improved ICE BOLT ? would be nice... so i have to spend much points in flame damage.

my buffs are pretty lame... waste of elements... one blow from a mob and the buff ist gone....

No Creature can be summoned... and my Epic Spell the "Shining Blades" do only 200 Damage !!! Drak Cyclone does 200 ! And every "Nature Spell User" muliclasses with level 40 Mage so they get the Multicast + Perfect Spell option...

******** i am pretty fucked up. Think about the Conjurers powers and way its meant to be played...

Mutrock

Default Re: Conjurer - the forgotten Class...

First I'd like to say hi to all fellow conjurers in Horizons. "Hi!" So...no that's out of the way I can continue my post[:P]

I recently leveled my mage to 100, and now I'm taking up conjurer. The lack of skills obtained by conjurer don't affect me that much. But I can imagine that it would if this is your primary school. First of all because our main spelline is summoning, butthe amount of summoning spells are lacking and they are also lacking in quality. The spells have long delay and the eventual damageoutput in return is low, especially when fighting high level mobs. I don't use my summoning spells (except for Shining Blades) ingame for that reason. Also, our so called epic spells sucks, the only reason I put it on my hotkeybar is because the spell looks cool when casted.
    I hope AE will seriously look into the conjurers school (as well as in the knoc school*grin*[A]). I still have hopes that in the future when pet's can be aquired, the summoning line gets a lot of spells which will enables us to summon pets next to us.

Oh last note: To master multicast I you need to take up mage to 36, not 40 as stated above. Further more, we can cast flame attack, not ice attack.

Zwack

Well this is discouraging. I am a newer player to Horizons and I was excited about becoming a Conjurer. Now I think I am going to have second thoughts on this. Is there nothing positive to say about this? Summoning the elements is not good?

Mutrock

Well, there are some positive things about conjurer. First of course is you get to master multicast II at some point, plus you get multicast III very early compared to mage. Next is dancing rapiers, very useful when attacking a single mob, Iparry almost 90% of all incomming hits when I use this ability, but then again that might also be explainedby the fact that I took up knoc to 100 and mage also. So I'm not sure about that one.Some other nice abilities are Phoenix Shield and Phoenix Rising...

Big backdraw of practically all conjurer abilities is that you MUST have ice elements and fire elements. Both recycle on these are 15 minutes plus you only have 8 shot per type of element. So when you use phoenix Shield 8 times you have to wait till the flame elements are recycled again...

I recomment against taking up conjurer when you're just getting started. You're better off taking up mage or a different class.

Zwack

Well, I am already a mage (only lvl 17) maybe I will have to look into Druid.

Mutrock

Quote Originally Posted by Zwack
    Well, I am already a mage (only lvl 17) maybe I will have to look into Druid.
    That's an option yes...but mage rules over druid, you might as well stay mage[:P] Or become a sorc or wizzy...

Madiodi

I feel your pain

When I first saw Conjurer as a school I thought great...get to summon lots of monsters and stuff to fight for you......how mistaken I was

the Multicast III rocks but Conj seriously needs more summoning spells and an Ice bolt
    And to be honest I dont really see why abilities like Glarring Quills are removed after XX hits. I generally play very stoned most of the time and I always forget its gone...most annoying :) .It should be on a timer just like Wiz's Pulsing Spectrum or Druid's Cloak of Thorns

ah well smelly bow lakes

I want to summon a Gene in a bottle and rub it the right way..ooo eerrr

Flachette

ummm Mutrock dont make statements you do not fully understand, at high levels with multiclassing druid > than mage by far. I dont know of any mages that can solo Mhedon or take on more than 5 mithril golems at once but ya as a stand alone class with no multiclassing Druid sucks and is broken to all hell.

Windaar

I'm glad I read this thread. I played a Magician in EQ for years and was going to try this class. I think I'll get another class going first before adding this one.

Mutrock

Quote Originally Posted by Flachette
    ummm Mutrock dont make statements you do not fully understand, at high levels with multiclassing druid > than mage by far. I dont know of any mages that can solo Mhedon or take on more than 5 mithril golems at once but ya as a stand alone class with no multiclassing Druid sucks and is broken to all hell.
    Well then..I'm glad toinform youI killed the named Mith Golem with my mage[:)] Telling me I do not fully understand my own statement? I do understand it, trust me. A NON-multiclassed level 100 mage can kill 5 mith golems faster than a non-multiclassed 100 druid, due to the bombs a mage has available...but this is only possible IF played right. Seriously, compared to the druid a mage is overpowered...just don't let the devs hear that, they'll nerve us mages[:#]

Flachette

true but ol' mr mage better not get any adds or hes dead

Starlight-Night

sure we get flamme attack too... but its not summoning...

and most of the buffs are pretty useless for a not multiclassed conjurer.

parry is cause of the low weapon skill quite useless for the conj selfbuff.

infix fury ... no mage will attack with melee weapon - useless for selfbuff

Dancing Rapier ... lol ... every attack hits me .. useless

Phönix Shield ... YES ... saved me often...

Qlaring Quilts ... sure . yes... nice - removed after 20 hits...

i am prette fucked up with "phoenix Raising" if i use it in battle i have to stand close to enemy ... most of the time i get enemy aggro.. and go down after 2 hits...

Time to speak up here, I think. I'm lvl 100 conjurer for quite a while now, so I may have some interesting thoughts about being a conjurer.
    First of all: As stated above, a pure mage outdamages a conjurer (not by far, but he does), plus the mage has some crowd control abilities.
    Second: The conjurer is not a melee class, but all his abilities are great for a melee class.

SO: Conjurers are designed for multiclassing! I choose chaos warrior and cleric as extra schools, other options are knight of creation and healer. Chaos warrios adds a decent melee power, the energy line (stuns!) and health pointsto the conjurer, while the conjurer gives the chsw unbeatable damage (it's like meleeing with a weapon one tier above you).
    The cleric gives me heals and buffs, you know for sure.

So what we got now: A conjurer who does very high magic damic and also can melee (you got multistrike, cleave, and critical strike for finishing the mobs) and who is definitely the best buffer ingame.

Hope this helps you a little bit...
    Clerical Chaos Conjurer

Waechter der Zeit
    Beta-guild from Earth - and we are still here!
    Unity

Mithric

Quote Originally Posted by Mutrock
    Well then..I'm glad toinform youI killed the named Mith Golem with my mage[img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img] Telling me I do not fully understand my own statement? I do understand it, trust me. A NON-multiclassed level 100 mage can kill 5 mith golems faster than a non-multiclassed 100 druid, due to the bombs a mage has available...but this is only possible IF played right. Seriously, compared to the druid a mage is overpowered...just don't let the devs hear that, they'll nerve us mages[img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-16.gif[/img]

LOL! a Mage with no other class then mage can NOT kill 5 mithril golems alone at ones, are you drunk? With Full teched lvl 91 mage outfitt you still cant do it as lvl 100 Mage, i couldent do it as Mage even if i have lvl 100 warrior/100 Healer/100 Mage/60 Knoc

anyway,Conjur is a good school, to get master on MC II is really helpfull... to end this: Druid would probebly out do a Mage any time, as druid can use (if you got spiritist) Etheral Aproxys (SP?) and other stuff that provides it with life druing the killing, can mage do that? no, mage sucks when it comes armor and life gain during combat... Tho Mage with MC III, Burn out, Fusion Burn and Perfect spell using Fiery Strike V makes alot of damage in one hit, thats the only awsome thing with mage...

Quote Originally Posted by Mithric
    LOL! a Mage with no other class then mage can NOT kill 5 mithril golems alone at ones, are you drunk? With Full teched lvl 91 mage outfitt you still cant do it as lvl 100 Mage, i couldent do it as Mage even if i have lvl 100 warrior/100 Healer/100 Mage/60 Knoc
    Come on Mithric, I'll show you how a mage/conjurer kills 20 mithril golems alone at once, and then come with your druid and show me how you can beat this [:P]
    Clerical Chaos Conjurer

Waechter der Zeit
    Unity

A dwarf/dryad mage may be able to just because of an uber racial ability... you have no hope in hell of fairly beating that many mithril golems without it.

I do this every day with the Marble Golems (I'm more into stones while crafting), and I think the Mithril Golems are not much harder.
    And I am a Fiend, of course.
    Clerical Chaos Conjurer

Waechter der Zeit
    Unity

Thread Information