Thread: Dragon Speed Tech

Default Dragon Speed Tech

I don't understand why the Tech Speed can be put on the wings! Does the dragons run with their wings? If dev don't want to put speed on all 4 legs, then put it only on Foreleg or Hindleg, since Foreleg can be socketedmay be a good idea to put it on Hindleg.but Speeddoesn't belongs to the wings! I know some will told me that Wings can be tech by Tier 1 and hindleg only at Tier 3, won't fit with the growning of our scales, why wings needed to be scaleable at low level since we aren't adult yet? Open Hindleg at lvl 10 and 30 insteadand the wings at lvl 50 and lvl 70, this way not so many will P'led dragon just to fly fast! they will need to get to lvl 70 to be able to fly faster! ;)

I just tought ofit will be hard to implement since all the crafting go along with the moving of Hindleg and Wing, but Speed doesn't still belongs to wings anyway! hehe
    KalidoRs KaZaN
    Adv 100/crafter 100/Lairshaper 100 Ancient Dragon
    Chaos Shard

Default Re: Dragon Speed Tech

We flap our wings behind us to get that extra little boost.

[;)]

I want speed and velocity just made into velocity. Change the description "increase to rate at which a dragon moves"

I figure the reason we get speed on wings is that was the earliest conceivable point to give it to us considering bipeds can have boots made with it at level 1 and if you put it on hindlegs dragons would be waiting until level 50...
    Gliding Frost
    Dark Defenders
    Adult May 16, 2004
    Ancient October 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Gliding Frost
    I want speed and velocity just made into velocity. Change the description "increase to rate at which a dragon moves"

I figure the reason we get speed on wings is that was the earliest conceivable point to give it to us considering bipeds can have boots made with it at level 1 and if you put it on hindlegs dragons would be waiting until level 50...
    Unless they redid the scale system to be symmetrical - hindlegs first at 10 and wings at 40. Hindlegs are larger, wings are developed at adulthood (40ish).

An old post of mine. :: shrugs ::
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Between putting them on the forelegs or the hindlegs, hindlegs seem the more logical, since it's them who do most of the effort when running.

But like it was said, having hindleg locked until level 60 cause a problem.
    The solution? UNLOCK all the scales from the beginning. The whole concept of having scales locked just make no sense.

And while speaking speed, why not change Sprint to give +15 speed and +15 velocity?
    After all, if a dragon is able to run faster for a short period of time, it should be able to fly faster for a short instance.
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

Quote Originally Posted by Jaraiden
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Gliding Frost wrote: I want speed and velocity just made into velocity. Change the description "increase to rate at which a dragon moves"

I figure the reason we get speed on wings is that was the earliest conceivable point to give it to us considering bipeds can have boots made with it at level 1 and if you put it on hindlegs dragons would be waiting until level 50...Unless they redid the scale system to be symmetrical - hindlegs first at 10 and wings at 40. Hindlegs are larger, wings are developed at adulthood (40ish).

I wrote the post on a second computer while checking my abilities to see when we get what scales...

Chest at 0
    Wings 1 at 10
    Head at 20
    Wing 2 at 30
    Foreleg 1 at 40
    Hindleg 1 at 50
    Foreleg 2 at 60
    Hindleg 2 at 70
    Back at 80?
    Tail at 90?

And woot! claws are immediate
    Gliding Frost
    Dark Defenders
    Adult May 16, 2004
    Ancient October 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Gliding Frost
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Jaraiden wrote: [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Gliding Frost wrote: I want speed and velocity just made into velocity. Change the description "increase to rate at which a dragon moves"

I figure the reason we get speed on wings is that was the earliest conceivable point to give it to us considering bipeds can have boots made with it at level 1 and if you put it on hindlegs dragons would be waiting until level 50...Unless they redid the scale system to be symmetrical - hindlegs first at 10 and wings at 40. Hindlegs are larger, wings are developed at adulthood (40ish).

I wrote the post on a second computer while checking my abilities to see when we get what scales...

Chest at 0
    Wings 1 at 10
    Head at 20
    Wing 2 at 30
    Foreleg 1 at 40
    Hindleg 1 at 50
    Foreleg 2 at 60
    Hindleg 2 at 70
    Back at 80?
    Tail at 90?

And woot! claws are immediate
    "Remembers posting the very same thing on Tazoon.com forum and got flamed for it"

:: sighs ::

But I still agree that the current system is stupid, just another screw-up concerning dragons...
    Just like bipeds we should have ALL slots opened from the start...
    All it requires is the creation of a few beginner and journeymen forms...

And change the programming that we are allowed to tech all 4 legs...
    A dragon runs on 4 legs not 2...
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

But I still agree that the current system is stupid, just another screw-up concerning dragons...
    Just like bipeds we should have ALL slots opened from the start...
    Now excuse me if I am wrong.

While dragons wait for the ability to use these, don't they get 2x the velocity if each of their wings have it? Or 2x the speed for the same?

Bipeds have 1 feet slot, 1 legs, 1 arms.

Lets take a step back for a minute.

Dragons have
    Chest
    Wings 1
    Head
    Wing 2
    Foreleg 1
    Hindleg 1
    Foreleg 2
    Hindleg 2
    Back
    Tail

Bipeds have Jewelry
    Ear 1
    Ear 2
    Head
    Face
    Left Shoulder
    Right Shoulder
    Neck
    Right Wrist
    Right Forearm
    Left Wrist
    Left Forearm
    Chest
    Back
    Right finger
    Left Finger
    belt
    legs
    Feet
    Hands
    Arms

or basically bipeds have 2x the slots to put things on.
    Now based on the subject of this conversation, dragons can double the speed bonus of one of the movement abilities. Such as 2 wing scales of velocity, or 2 wing scales of speed.

Not a bad bonus.

Should they all be unlocked to start. Yeah.

Should the scales have both velocity and Speed? As the dragons get two slots, they could have 1 speed, and 1 velocity scale. Adding both to one scale would allow a doubling of both speed and velocity. While not a major problem, I think that needs to be taken into consideration.

And change the programming that we are allowed to tech all 4 legs...
    A dragon runs on 4 legs not 2...
    In this situation, dragons could do 4x Speed techs. I assume velocity would only go on Wings, so they could do 2x speed techs.

That would mean a dragon with 4x Speed V techs would be doing +48 speed. Or a new dragon (assuming all were unlocked0 would have +16 speed out of the gate with 4 leg speed scales (they can't fly so wing scales are kind of useless for Velocity I).

I think the benefits being asked for dragons need to be balanced against the real problems that Dragons have.

Should the scales all be unlocked. Yeah. Same as for bipeds. Should the scale types be level based like biped equipment and such. Yes. Dragons should ahve an Armor use stat that is the equivalent. But the problem is this would need to be seperated along the Lunus/Hellian lines. i.e. Magic using dragons could use stone scales, while combat dragons use metal scales. Without removing the limitation of magic vs fighting, and including in horde, it is basically asking for all the cake at the same time.

Don't get me wrong, I think there needs to be fixes for dragons, but the requirements need to be balanced against the issues. Or we just all gain the same abilities and have different graphics, as bipeds gaining dragon abilities (use of all abilities in all classes) and dragons gaining access to additional biped style abilities (jewelry, res and such) really just brings both towards a common, more boring situation.

My opinions.
    Again, should dragon scale positions be unlocked. Yeah makes sense.
    Should the use of scales be tied to the dragon's perfession? (Magic/Fighting) Probably.
    Should they have 4x speed slots and 2x velocity slots, no.
    -Digit Dryad
    Chaos

Quote Originally Posted by refuse
    Now based on the subject of this conversation, dragons can double the speed bonus of one of the movement abilities. Such as 2 wing scales of velocity, or 2 wing scales of speed.

Not a bad bonus.
    It makes more sense to have Velocity on wings and Speed on the two Hindleg scale jewelry slots. Remember, dragons don't have the Augmentative magic skill for Gift of Speed or Swift Feet. Lots of Gift slots, only one castable gift.

Besides, there would still be the tiers - tier I scales to 20, tier II to 40, etc. just that all slots can have scales. Alternatively, where they would all open upon attaining level 50.

Still, should have symmetrical slots - Chest (1), Head (10), 2 hindlegs (20 for speed), 2 wings (40 and adult, developed wingsfor velocity), 2 forelegs (50), back (50), tail (60).

:: shrugs :: no idea why AE made a convoluted scale slot system back then, and compounded it now with a level 1 hatchling able to wear a Dragon claw . . . . Dragon claw shouldopen after some level.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

I think the idea with the opening scale slots was that it composed one of the 3 pillars of dragon growth.

Dragons (in theory) would advance by increasing level, hoard level, and getting more (and more powerfull) scales equiped. Thus, they would grow 3 different ways, all in one school. This would help the principle of a weak hatchling but progressivly stronger adult. Their growth wouldn't be simple and linear, but rather exponential, albeit at a low value.
    Lumineux Talar

Thread Information