Thread: A game it there for playing not for waiting!

Ogo

Default A game it there for playing not for waiting!

Ok I will come straight to the point.
    After about 18 days playing HZ I love the game. I brought some more "freh" ppl here to play a very "deep" game.

But.....

what I hate is waiting and I waited a lot for Unity the last days. I thought this game is on the market till Dez. 2003 but what I see is a server which is more often down than a server in a beta phase.
    Maintenance takes HOURS several times a week!!!! Hello.... I pay for the game not for DT!
    A patch takes almost 8-9 hours... HELLO!!!!

The best thing is, that I just get informations, if I use tolls which are not part of the game. NO, not the login page, not theforum.

Ok, now I feel better.....waiting causes a lot of "pressure" u know.
    So plz let me/us play the game and do something about the
    "horror-almost dayly-waiting for the server-maintenance preforming-nightmare!

Why I´m righting that (didn`t want 2 be rude)?

I really like/love the game, the tons of features and the (german) community and I dont want 2 see ppl leaving who just started because of that kind of problems!

Ogo

Default Re: A game it there for playing not for waiting!

tried 2 edit the post to correct the mistakes...but it does not work in the way I can handle it....

I.e. err. righting=writing

some time ago the community voted for 2x maintenance per week to get a more stable server and better performance during the weekend. Sure I agree there is alot to improve and I think the IRC thing as almost only way of communicating if far from ideal. I am now playing since december 2003 and yes I have called it more then once a paid BETA but one thing you have to give them and that is that they improved loads to the game to make all more enjoyable.

Right now there is one major issue I would like to be solved and that is that ppl using exploits in the most extreme way as in listening which exploits are solved on the NA servers and then because there is a time span till it's implemented on our server that some ppl then use them and aren't punnished for doing this. And even if they would then there isn't much information placed on the login page about informing us of it. They don't have to tell us who as we most likely will know but they sure could tell us they did handle against it.

I guess this just highlights the need for GN to devote a small area of the login site to mention maintenance times, ie a small box stating the date and time of the next maintenance period.

Maintenance is Wednesday and Friday mornings, at 5am GMT Ogo, hope that helps you out a bit since I appreciate that there's no indication on the site of when to expect downtime. I do have to say though that maintenance normally doesn't last longer than 3 hours, though sometimes when there's a patch it can (as you've pointed out) take longer.

CAN NOTHING ELSE AS AGREE

dunkel_ice helian 100 100 5,5 mio hoard
    dunkelzahnjr helian 80 42 280 k
    Hrdunkelzahn helian 80 41 280 k
    now all adult

That a maintenace will take up to 8 hours, ist not unnormal for a Database with hundreds of tables and millions of lines that have to be reorganized and set free from inconistences to keep the server response fast.
    The two maintenances a week are ok and as I must say in comparison to other mmogs that have downtimes every day (CoH daily maintenance (don't know if its so till today))
    The server runs more stable than before, ok we have a reduced system (you can see it in the spwan the will be calculated first when yuo're in the region) but better this way than a server crash every 3 days.
    Hope it will become better when tulga spends in new money (maybe unity will be pushed up again to 20 Xeon blades).

Vindra

Quote Originally Posted by Chaldor
    Hope it will become better when tulga spends in new money (maybe unity will be pushed up again to 20 Xeon blades).
    uhm.. How would Tulgamoney benefit Unity? I don't think that too much of that cash will find it's way into the pockets of GN - and those are the people doing all the great *coughs* support *coughs again* on Unity..

After playing WoW-Beta for a week now, I rather think that after the 11th of February there will be even less money flowing into GN's pockets, which might result in even less support than there isnow. If that's possible..

Cedrick_Demonicus

Hey there, Ogo.

I am pretty much a noob as well, just had my trial and am waiting for my subscription to be updated.
    But I never had the same problem as you did... ever.
    Ofcourse, the first patch seems to take hours and hours, but after that, patches are small and only take the program 2 seconds to be downloaded here.
    Sure, I suffer some laggin', and one has to wait during the loadscreen, but what else do you expect when there is a whole land/world loading for you?
    And you say your friends also suffered from the same problem? [:^)] Strange.
    Most of the people I play with don't have any problems at all... except for the lagg.

Remember to always check your true connectionspeed... sometimes providers promise high speed connections, but only give half. I check it on a weekly base.

Ced.

Thread Information