Thread: How's the crafting changed?

Nemo23

Default How's the crafting changed?

Okay, I've been gone 8 months and just got back. I've been trying to figure out this new crafting system but I'm totally lost. Apparently, the resources have been redistributed west to east? What's that mean?
    What happened to all the machines, too? Everytime I find a resource, it's 10 minutes away from a machine. The old crafting system was incredibly time consuming, but this is ridiculous. I have to spend 3 hours to get half way to a new crafter lvl? I'm only lvl 12! I don't mind spending time on it, but just increasing travel time only increases boredom.

I'm sorry if I sound like I'm whining. I'm just frustrated. Tazoon isn't around anymore and I'm guessing that's where all of this was explained.
    I want to adventure, but crafting is neccessary for a dragon to get his wings and I don't want to work everyday for four months on something I don't care about in order to get it. I'm afraid I'll have to quit. Again.

Somebody please reply with something that puts this whole thing into perspective.
    Thank you.

Default Re: How's the crafting changed?

Resources, like monsters and quests, are now tiered by region. There are exceptions, small patches of lower-tiered resources in higher-tier regions and outlying islands, but generally, all things will follow this pattern:

Tier I: Lesser Aradoth (Kion-Sslanis island)
    Tier II: Dalimond, Chiconis, all the mainland south of these
    Tier III: Tazoon, New Rachival, Mahagra
    Tier IV: Dralk, Feladan, Kirasanct
    Tier V: everything between Aughundell and Harro (from north to south coast)
    Tier VI: everything east of Harro

Finishing macines have been moved from the field to cities. There are a few exceptions though (actually the only two I know of are the stoneworking pedestal at Dralk obsidian field and the essence channeler in the oak forest, by the bright wisps). Thus, the favoured tactic these days is to bring your cargo disk to the field and park it by the basic processing machine - smeleter, stone cutter, etc. You fill it with processed resources - bricks, bars - and once you have as much as you can carry, you grab them and recall to a city where the processing machines are. After you have gone through the usual construction / deconstruction cycles, you waltz back to the resource field and start over. If you have any, you will change to appropriately teched crafting gear when going to the field or process in a city.

To find up specific resources, ask around on your server's help channels or general chat channels, or on this forum if you can wait for answers a bit longer.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Nemo23

Thanks for the info, that should get me started. Does suck that all the machines are in town, but thanks for the advice on how to craft efficiently.

if i understood that correctlt, you can recall with disk now?

Quote Originally Posted by Drakolis

if i understood that correctlt, you can recall with disk now?
    No, I didn't mean that you can recall with a cargo disk (Actually, I haven't tried this recently, but as far as I am aware, you still can't). You'll grab as much as you can carry from the disk and then recall. And, if you have friends nearby that don't mind helping you a bit - for example guards that have accompanied you to the resource field - they can take some too and recall with you.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Just a brief note... many of the major resource fields also have player towns and small communities nearby. Mithril's Anvil is one of the more well known examples. With the auctions winding down i think we'll see a lot more finishing stations appearing on private plots near these resources which should help facilitate things a bit. Also several fields have destroyed processing stations that, when completed, provide both machines.
    Korsh HammerFell
    lvl 100 Chaos Warrior / 57 Cleric / 36 Mage
    lvl 18 Mason / 19 Blacksmith
    Order of the Phoenix
    Crucita in the Realm of Order

zyanya

Korsh, if you have seen any destroyed stoneworking shops, carpentry shops or fitting shops near 2-3rd tier resources, Ill go fix em, just tell me where! I really, really, really abhor that particular change to crafting.

Thread Information