Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Are you willing to start over?

Default Re: Are you willing to start over?

In all seriousness, i can understand the feelings about not wanting to start over, it is a pain. people have spent so long on their characters thatstarting over basically makes them feel like the last year they played and paid for was meaningless.

However, i do have to agree that the multiclass scene does tend to kill any attempts to make the game balance. basically its the snowball effect.

joe smo starts toon. joe smo gets to 100. joe smo joins complains. tulga releases new content. joe smo happy for short time, but bored again. joe smo takes on 3 more classes waiting for next event. next even joe smo REALLY strong and creams event. tulga counters with making next event even harder. joe smo nearly gets creamed in next event. joe takes on even MORE classes to become even stronger so he can compete in events. this continues on and on, until jack frost joins the mix. jack just got his 1st 100, and when he goes to the event that is geared towards joe smos 7x100 classes, jack decides that to compete now he too much take on a ton of others. and the cycles starts a new with the players gettting more and more powerful, and tulga having to up the power of the mobs more and more inorder to balance, and the only ones really effected are the newbies.

Lets look at premerger. yes the mobs were too simple, but now the mobs are tougher to give the multiclassers a challenge, but what about all those that what to have more of a role, or how about dragons, who cannot multiclass. now those bipeds either have to quit, or take on 50 million classes, and the dragons community screams, UBERNESS WE WANT UBERNESS, after all bipeds have it.

I think that severe limits should be put on the multi class, maybe restrict it to 1 main and one sub class, but allow you to freely change your main and subclass, but not getting any benefit from the others:
    one possible option: http://community.istaria.com/Web/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=45371

Now maybe as a treat ae does create this new server, but keeps the old ones. these new ones will be based on the new game mechanics, and the old one is based on the onld ones. then all you that want to keep your uberness could, but the game could thrive on a new with new players and making the game have actual meaning to them again.

honestly i wouldnt like to start over again either, since i am a single classed dragon who has worked his tail off as slowly as possible to get my 47 levels, but if it was a choice of living in the world of god like toons and uberness, or moving to a world of fairness. then i would start over.

Default Re: Are you willing to start over?

I don´t know if i would start over ... but atm i see no future for HZ too.

The T5 mobs and resources made the levelups so fast .. before they were ingame there were some crafters and some adv. with high ratings but the playerbase was still in need of each other.
    But 3 months with T5 ingame destroyed the game completely for me. Everyone and his mother has done 1-10 lvl 100 classes adv + craft and the techs didgo to ppl paying every price just to have them. But many of them just collect them as they collect lvl 100 classes and do no crafting for others.
    Multiclassing is nice but the levelspeed in this game was 10 times too fast.
    Nerving the multi-enemy-bonus after the players used it to get up to rating 200 is just too late.

My char is still where it was when T5/merge came in. I have not done much leveling .. 67 adv. levels and ~50 craftlevels since those days because i don´t see the point why to level more schools if i (and no one else) does need them.
    Have tried to find techs to be able to craft weapons, armors, jewelryand tools again but after 210.000.000+ exp above level 100 with my battlemage and still 10+ "must-have" techs missing i can´t see i will get a complete set soon and so i can´t craft as ppl only want opt-teched T5 equip.
    But thats only one problem for HZ and it would not be that bad if there would be events and "unic" random-statz loot that does fit in the crafting system and content to do beside getting levels levels and yes .. levels.
    But there is nothing else to do beside getting more and more levels or chat with friends.

And the worst thing with HZ is the performance .. since the new combat-client came in in mid 2004 (where the game was running very fine on my system).. every patch did slow down the game on my pc.
    2 patches ago i "lost" ~50% of the frames in cities and there is no light at the end of the tunnel.
    Have taken a break from HZ and tried WoW (up to lvl 52.9 in final beta) and it was fun .. came back to HZ and .. hm well .. nothing new .. even the eventscreen is the same .... the performance is far from playable on my system (where wow is running nice up to ~50-60 players"visible").
    So if they would "fix and finish" the game and make it something to be worth playing again .. yes i would jump in again. But not only with some changes on the multiclassing system .. there has to be much more waiting to do it all again.

Looking for all types of Tier 4/5 techs!

Thread Information