Thread: 1 Vault for 1 account

Default 1 Vault for 1 account

My idea is 1 combined vault for all 5 characters of the account...

Vaultsizes:
    When the player would have0 alt: 2k (main)=2k (total)
    When the player would have 1 alt: 2k (main) +2k (1alt)=4k (total)
    When the player would have2 alt: 2k (main) +4k (2 alts) =6k (total)
    When the player would have3 alt: 2k (main) +6k (3 alts) =8k (total)
    When the player would have4 alt: 2k (main) +8k (4 alts) =10k (total)

Each toon would have to upgrade its own part of the vault up to the full 3k.

It could/might create a better world for the fewplayers that do have alts but dont wanna be in a guild like myself.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Default Re: 1 Vault for 1 account

so the combined effect of all the vault quests would be worth 1/2 of creating an alt?

not much bang for the buck...

This suggestion would be great for me (player with 1 character with 76 days in-game and 4 alts whose combined total time played totals less than 6 hours) ... but not so good for other players who have multiple characters who they actually play, and who each already have full vaults.

Also what happens when some of your alts are on different shards?

Guess, I don't really see the need for this.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

Not that much use for vault quests then.. oh ******** my vault is getting low.. *creates new alt*

Considering that 1k+ for vault costed about 725s (might not be exact number) you get 2k+2k+2k+2k for free here..

On the other side of the coin im all for new vault quests that hopefully wont have a pricepoint wich scales with the former quests.

If you want a vault acessible by all yourtoons for trading eq between alts.. trust a player from your guild or a friend with the stuff.. or build a storage house on your plot.
    100 Warrior |100 Guardian |100 Healer
    Unity [former Ice]

wich one would you pick ?

gopher65

well, that is had when you have 2 mains on different shards. I can only have 1 plot:). So vault is all I get.

I don't think this is a good idea for technical reasons. For some reason, having more stacks in your vault places a greater load on the client and the server. The server I can understand, though not to the degree that it does seem to happen.

My alts with nearly-empty vaults port much faster than my mains, who have crammed all sorts of trophies, components, armor, etc. into their vaults. Doing this would hurt some of us, especially those with two or more mains.

Krald

Well I definitely believe every mmorpg needs some form of shared storage but the topics suggestion would be far too overpowered. You have to have some motivation to get more storage, whether it be plots or vault size and giving all alts storage on one vault is just going to make things too easy and remove some motivation to progress.

A little amount of shared storage to a vault that is intended purely for transfering small amounts of items (say, a set of armour and some tools/weapons) would be good though, maybe even just as an upgrade. However numbers of alts should never be an influence.

If there is shared vault space in yet, forgive me, I'm not up to date.

The idea was for people that dont want to rely on a guild or friends and dont have enough money to actually buy a plot and fill it with storage buildings...
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Don't think that you should get special consideration just cause you don't want to play in a group, or be thrifty enough to purchase something that is available to anybody in the game.

You can always create a 'Vault Alt', just give em the coin to finish the quests and store items for ye... and use consigners to pass back and forth.

Along these lines... what would be nice would be for my alts to be able to get into the houses on my plot without it being a guild thing, or even a friends list. I log on my alts with the same password under the same CD key, but hey... I can accept it the way it is also... and just pass back and forth with the connie on my plot.
    As a Cleric of Harden I am duty bound to teach you his ways.
    or kill you trying!

Thread Information