Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will you pay 50$ for an expansion?

Default Will you pay 50$ for an expansion?

i would, if it got these:

* Improved performance 100%
    * Quests up the wahzoo including class and racial (that were more than kill tasks this goes for dragons as well)
    * Class balance and multiclassing.
    * Frequently run events.
    * Proper dragons
    * Dynamic WA invasions
    * Real Adventure loot
    * New mob models across all tiers not just golem or ogre or wolf or beetle models
    * AI
    * Better communication from the dev team
    * Racial structures
    * More weapon/armour tricking
    * Alternate advancement post 100 for non multiclassers and limited AA for multiclasses

(copy/paste from Zodias, excellent post)

personally $50 isn't much of a deal to me. i rather pay that than fold. what do you think?

Default Re: Will you pay 50$ for an expansion?

I would, even if it's only for the quests and events

if they want 50$ then they have to give us something for

Ok not that they should give us for free what they pronounced us =)

if the expansion would improve the game fun then i would pay

AE is sooo poor so they need every cent, maybe then they will finish some part of the games

Quote Originally Posted by padishar
    I would, even if it's only for the quests and events
    Same here. Also would pay $50 just to get a new client graphics engine that runs faster.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

I probably would, but only after you all had tested it and said it was working. [:P]

Food is food, just give us something to chew on that removes DP's

If there was also Dungeons and Castles, and a arena for fighting mobs and betting on the fights.. then iwould happilypay the $50 [:O]
    100 Warrior |100 Guardian |100 Healer
    Unity [former Ice]

wich one would you pick ?

fordirelifesake

that arena mobs thing would be sweet. kinda like the festival tickets, since you had a chance at getting some half decent stuff... but then they nerfed that and beat the hell out of it so all we get is snowballs. how fun... castles would be a sweet thing to have... i might auctually get to use Silver, Gold, Platinum construction sheeting and jointing. well im assuming this is why they were put in the game in the first place since i have not found a place to put these items yet.

-Madeleine

Quote Originally Posted by Fireclaw
    Same here. Also would pay $50 just to get a new client graphics engine that runs faster.
    I second that! [Y]

GhostRdr -
    100- RVR, SPRT, HLR, CONJ, SHMN, GRD
    100- BLK, WPN, FIT, MSN

Fayde- 69 Adult Lunus/35 craft
    82nd Level Hoard
    Member of the Dark Council
    Nana & Gerard Guild Communities

Merriweather Honeythorn

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip

* Quests up the wahzoo including class and racial (that were more than kill tasks this goes for dragons as well)
    * Frequently run events.
    * Proper dragons
    * Dynamic WA invasions
    * Real Adventure loot

* New mob models across all tiers not just golem or ogre or wolf or beetle models
    * AI
    * Racial structures

* Alternate advancement post 100 for non multiclassers and limited AA for multiclasses

personally $50 isn't much of a deal to me. i rather pay that than fold. what do you think?
    Nope, sure wouldn't.. Because everything I bolded in your list should come to us BEFORE they even think about starting on an expansion they want us to pay more money for.

It's not like they are doing us any favors here guys. I like HZ/AE as much as the next guy but fact remains, we pay to play which means we pay their paychecks which in turn means it is their job to get this stuff done without expecting us to shell out for an expansion full of crap and fixes we should have gotten ANYWAYS.

So I expect all the items I bolded in your list before I'll even concider buying any expansion they release. And they can take that to the bank.[;)]

fordirelifesake

i would buy a expansion for sure, but they have to get cracking on putting mylocs and Frost Hellhounds in the game first. why we HAVE to buy these tech comps is just plain stupid. hup hup lets get a move on these please.

btw

* Frequently run events.
    * Proper dragons
    * Dynamic WA invasions
    * Real Adventure loot
    * AI
    * Racial structures

No

and I will expand on the list by merriweather.

The bolded features are what should naturally come in a development cycle for an MMO. They are not to be features included in a pay for expansion. I have seen no expansions that have fixed problems with the base game for an MMO.

The bolded Italics are all features that were claimed to be in the game at release of December 2003. I would not pay for an expansion for features that were promised to be in at release and in the core game. Expansions build on the core game and originally promised game. They do not add in features that were supposed to be in the first place. So if they came out with a new expansion I would expect a list of features included what I did not highlight above and more ( a new graphics and network engine for example) before I would consider dishing out any money for it. They need to get the originally promised content in game before even considering working on an expansion. They aren't even close to that point yet.

One other thing Tulga Games will never ever have access to a distribution channel that nets them a return on box sales anymore. At least not a return that would pay for the development of any expansion. They burned those bridges with the original release of the game. They could do it direct download but I doubt they have the resources or access to the resources to offer such. No one would as well pay $50.00 for an expansion on direct download. Either way if I was to even consider buying an expansion for horizons and it met my features requirements that built on the original promised game than it would have to be much less than $50.00, somewhere in the neighborhood of $20.00.

Sending a message to Tulga Games that this is ok is a dangerous precedent to set with this management team.

well, DB/AE messed up big so what is there to do? ask Tulga to swing it? what if they can't without funds, we gona play with snowballs and blighted crap?

if it keeps up the whole thing will drop.

HairybackLarry

I won't. Weren't most of things promised pre release?

A better question would be, how many people does Tulga have working on the game right now? If its just a handful then wish away, you will never see an expansion. Yes, the game may stay afloat with the costcutting that went down but do you enjoy the mem leak, broken abilities, lack of quests and the occasional event?

WAIT, I just heard were going to have a vernal festival that will last through the harvest festival!!!!! SWEET!!!

NO! I won't pay for what I should be getting now. Now an expansion pack is a different story. But I would not pay $50 for just an expansion pack.
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Nope. I'm with Snow on this one. They get my monthly subscription x 2. That's all they are going to get from me until everything that should have been in on 12/09/2003 is in, working properly, with acceptable, sustainable performance across the board. THEN we can talk about expansions, because THEN I will have seen demonstrated to me that they are capable of putting out an expansion worth paying for.

well, DB/AE messed up big so what is there to do? ask Tulga to swing it? what if they can't without funds, we gona play with snowballs and blighted crap?

if it keeps up the whole thing will drop.
    Umm, news flash, Phillip: Tulga IS "DB/AE". Nothing has changed, except for the name and the source of their next round of funding. The same people doing the same thing the same ways. IE, "Business As Usual".

They have a second chance, but they are going to have to makes some serious breaks from the past before they have a shot of "swinging it", with or without funding. Besides, who is to say that the "Expansion" won't be done the same way the original product was done, promising everything on your list, and delivering little to none of it for another 6 months to 1 year after its release? Won't that make you feel so good about spending that $50 then?

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

One word......No. :-)
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

well, i did post a list originally...if it got those then it would save many of us from playing while semi-pissed off.

if $50 can bring all that, you know.

* Frequently run events.
    * Proper dragons
    * Dynamic WA invasions
    * Real Adventure loot
    * AI
    * Racial structures
    ?
    Most of those items are what I would consider tweaks or bug fixes. An expansion should be entirely new content. New landmasses, new monster models, new classes (for example, you need the expansion to open a city, and the bard trainer is in that city), that sort of thing.

That I'd pay $50.00 for.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Most of those bolded items were what we are already paying them to provide, HELL NO am I giving them two licks at the ice cream cone when they are only entitled to one. WHEN and ONLY WHEN they show ME that they can spend wisely and FULFILL their already made promises will I consider forking out more money beyond what they are already getting from me.... IF I wanted to pay for more content and more of what was already promised I'd go back to EQ.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Yes.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Thread Information