Thread: New Class description

Kafka

Default New Class description

/quote
    The Wizard?s primary focus is dishing out damage. With a primary focus on Energy magic, followed up by Flame, gives a Wizard versatility and power to unleash imposing damage from the rear of a group.
    quote/

Uhh, Im so glad thats where they stuck us. *Finds a group, hides in the back. "Let me know when you need me, ok?"*
    Guess my soloing days are over, and I've only done that like 95% of the time. *sheds a small tear and puts Hank Williams on*

Btw I cant stand country music. It's just that some guys discovered that white people commit suicide, when they listen to that kind of music. The majority anyway [:D]

Guess I'd better start a solo toon. What do you recommend?

PS. this is in no way serious except the comment about Country music. I really cant stand it

Drewid

Default Re: New Class description

Multiclassing should allow you to stay solo. I am right there with everybody saying, "I should not have to multiclass to play a toon."

The real p*ss off is, we bring almost nothing to the group. Our one dependable stun is easily replaced by the nature line, (What ever you do, do NOT nerf the nature line). The stun tech is nothing to shout about and can be done by any character with tier 3 energy spells.

And that primary focus of dishing out damage? I have yet to see it. Characters 20-30 lvls below me using tier 3 repeaters are doing only 20 pts less than me.

But some one is thinking..."Mobs are supposted to be weak to somethings and strong to others. Try another mob." Isn't the reason energy damage sucks because all mobs are suppost to be weak to it? If not then wtf is with the tiny numbers?!

Eeyno

I keep hearing that wizards can use multicast once they get mage to a certain level any idea how that works?

Drewid

Wizards, and really any class for that matter, can get multicast through the mastering methoid. To master an ability you must be double the lvl that you first learned the ability.

What that means is this...

As a mage you get multicast at 18. To retain multicast when you switch to another school you must be a lvl 36 mage.

Now not all abilities are masterable. Best way to tell is to id the ability, the ones that say "Not Masterable" you will only be able to use when your current school is the school that naturally gets that ability.

Meaning, no matter what level wizard you are, when you switch to another school you will lose the ability to use Pulsing Spectrum. You will be able to use it again once you switch back to wizard.

Eeyno

Thanks I didn't understand how mastering an ability worked then obviously. I figured you had to wait till you got version II of that ability before you mastered it. The good news is my mage is now level 35 and just has very little to get to level 36. Are there any other good things to pick up on mage before going back to Wizard? I do enjoy my pulsing spectrum and miss using it but I figured I could really use that multicast.

Kafka

Quote Originally Posted by Eeyno
    Thanks I didn't understand how mastering an ability worked then obviously. I figured you had to wait till you got version II of that ability before you mastered it. The good news is my mage is now level 35 and just has very little to get to level 36. Are there any other good things to pick up on mage before going back to Wizard? I do enjoy my pulsing spectrum and miss using it but I figured I could really use that multicast.

Do Conjurer instead. U'll even get multicast II transfered at lvl 90. But the greatest benifit is that a conjurer gets more in Ice and Summoning than a mage. (Thats what I did anyway [;)])But if u really want to get mage up too, I would recommend either 72 for fusion burn or just getting it all the way to 100 for a great boost to AU, and the other skills a wizard so sorely misses.

Eeyno

Yeah I just hit level 36 mage and earned that fusion burned ability and said "uh-oh do I wanna double level again to earn that one? "

I like playing wizard though while the wizard doesn't have a big assorment of spells it appears he has more abilities. I have multiple stun abilities instead of just the one I had as a mage. That helps with the mob control for me. Although as a mage or sorcerror you probably have more of those.

I also thought Wizard earned my armour points than either of the other mage classes.

Drewid

If you want stun abilities I would go a druid or shaman. Nature users are the true stun masters.

Kafka

Yeah I just hit level 36 mage and earned that fusion burned ability and said "uh-oh do I wanna double level again to earn that one? "

I like playing wizard though while the wizard doesn't have a big assorment of spells it appears he has more abilities. I have multiple stun abilities instead of just the one I had as a mage. That helps with the mob control for me. Although as a mage or sorcerror you probably have more of those.

I also thought Wizard earned my armour points than either of the other mage classes.
    We might get more abilities, but the usefulness of those are nowhere in sight. Stunner is nice the 8-12 seconds it lasts even though its complete nerf at lvl 84 (1 minute timer). Pulsing Specturm is quite useful too, but this might just be me, but I prefer not to get hit, when Im a caster in cloth armor.

Btw wizards only get 8 in AU pr. lvl that puts u to 840 in AU at lvl 100. That means u cant equip the padded ironsilk armor, and first the ironsilk version at lvl 97.

Madiodi

Wizard is just a sexy beast with a big staff
    learn to control that beast and you will control istaria

hnng

well hopefully we get Wrath of Reyem's knee spell (A Big knee in the enemy's bol......)
    Wiz does have some useful stuff like the passive acceleration and gather. Acceleration even helps for your revitalize spells.
    Tech'ing your energy bolt's with stun is also quite handy, The bolt'squick cast timeand stun is a good thing, underestimated and I dont think its as bad as ppl make it out to be.

Also Pulsing spectrum, dynamic pulse and stunner can be all useful abilities...But i know what you mean, the wizard school feels like its missing that extra o0ompffh

I just want to be a sexy wizard beast with a big staff

Eeyno

Do wizards have an epic spell yet?

Kafka

Do wizards have an epic spell yet?
    no

Madiodi

Come watch me play my wizard after afew tokes of our bong and half a dozen spliffs............

Its about as epic as you are going to get!

I've been waiting a millenia (slight exageration) for the 3 wizard epic spells and have a feeling they won't be in until at least early next year

not just that theres 2 more nature epic spells volcano and earthquake or something
    Ice princess for conjurer i think it was
    Plus the infamous banshee for spiritist, maybe more im not sure.

WHY DONT YOU RELEASE THESE SPELLS YOU JAM DOUGHNUT TARTS!

Thread Information