Thread: Stop pulling the legs and wings off the bloody game.

Default Stop pulling the legs and wings off the bloody game.

Perhaps the "Empire" could take a look at all the ugly ugly ugly scaffolding around the world and actually do something to 'help' it get finished. Who cares if a crafters life is made a little easier?

Name one positive benefit of 'slowing down' crafters, when you still can't get crap-all on a shop? Cargo disks should portal with players at no cost. Suits of armor needs to be sold as a single unit. Spells should be able to be bundled as an entire circles' level (all T3 Nature Spells in one package for example). Storage should cranked up way way way further, far beyond whats been previously considered. You can't watch an ecconomy grow by forcing permanent shortages. Techs make things individually special, so crafters will still need to take orders from players. Increase the tech component drops and put T4 Techs on the quartermasters. There's no shortage of T5 techs, there is a shocking lack of T4 techs.

If the 'Empire' had any inclicnation to see the world progress, then perhaps they could chuck as all a bone rather than forcing us to live out a hand to mouth existance all the time, it's degrading. How about a nice big one off claimable novian resource kit for the players, based on thier time ingame? There is more building work outstanding than will EVER be finished by the current players, so it wont impact the livelyhood of construction workers.

Stop pulling the legs and wings off the bloody game all the time. And stop forcing us to wallow in the muck. This is a FANTASY GAME, stop trying to create a communist style ten year plan, they didn't work either remember!

Default Re: Stop pulling the legs and wings off the bloody game.

The construction workers are there but the timesink involved is steep. I can do carpentry work like there is no tomorrow but when it comes down to 2:1 to make logs into boards, 15:1 for boards into timbers and 20:1 for boards into braces then compound that for a 2:1 placement on the constructs it gets tedious. Especially being opt I get little to no experiance for even yew work as a level 100 carpenter.

So I have a choice. I can do construction work with the above timesink exacerbated by the port/transport distances or I can work in other schools I have other then construction. That is what I am doing and I am sure that is what many other construction workers are doing at the moment.

There should be a change in the above so if I am opt in an upper Tier (yew) then anything with maple should be a 1:1 ratio on logs to boards, and placement and less resource use in making the constructs as well.

However, doing this has one drawback in that it may take away construction jobs from lower tiered craftspeople.

They also need to put in the Tier 6 base resource forms. Thornwood boards..etc. or lower the transmutation ratios for these. Even at opt it would take 200 yew boards to make 1 Thornwood brace. 10:1 to convert yew boards to Thornwood. 20 Thornwood boards to make 1 brace. 2 braces at opt to place 1 unit.

1 unit of Thornwood braces placed (at opt and not many are there even with techs)would take 400 yew boards.Take a look at how many are required to do a Tier 6 building. Disheartening to say the least.

Nobody can afford to pay a craftsman for that type of time for in that time I could make as much if not more on a pawnbroker or going adventuring.

Compound all that with the Blight Anchors,blighted resources to clear out, portal distances and fees and you can see why there will be scaffolds for a long time to come.
    Bori Grimbattle --->The Dwarf
    Sinistre Azazael---> The Fiend
    Adramaleck Flerious--->The Dragon

~Mystic Blades~
    ~Jambi,Order~

Default Re: Stop pulling the legs and wings off the bloody game.

My question is why doesn't crafting require the buildings to take items like boards to build the building... when you look at a human vault... you see boards on the outside of the building, but you don't add boards to the building? Walk ways require... keystones?... err that is just not logical!!!

The whole system needs scrapped. And if the scafolding is causing lag then the scafolding needs replaced with an icon on the ground or a box like the keystone for the plot.
    As a Cleric of Harden I am duty bound to teach you his ways.
    or kill you trying!

Thread Information