Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Primal Heal

Default Re: Primal Heal

I do think so Walter. Since dragons don't get block or parry, we need something to compensate.

Quote Originally Posted by Vesuvius
    To evilkarl: You really should include armor jewlery, not health jewlery when calculating that armor number if you are to stand by your statement that scales are jewlery. Regardless, its probably not going to make enough of a difference, I have about 1700ac selfbuffed with armor scales. Despite that, a maxed hoard isnt something to scoff at, the reward really should be equal to plate in ac at level 100 with all armorscales and buffs.
    Actually, T5 health jewelry with the T5 Armor tech is a bigger bonus to armor than T5 armor jewelry. Since the same isn't true of dragon scales, a dragon that decides to wear something other than armor scales is giving up armor, instead of increasing it, as is the case with biped jewelry.

Anyway, back on topic with my original point.

I think its a good suggestion, dragons need healing. But, I feel it would be better to improve the breezes to be as effective as revitalizes, rather than just hand dragons another biped ability.
    I agree with you here, though I think increasing the duration is at least as important as increasing the heal amount. Casting the breeze spells takes too long to do in combat, so unless they make them quicker, they'd have to be very powerful to make them worth casting in combat. Upping the duration to 1 or 2 minutes would fix that, except for really long fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Vesuvius wrote: Despite that, a maxed hoard isnt something to scoff at, the reward really should be equal to plate in ac at level 100 with all armorscales and buffs.

You're saying you should get more armor than almost every other biped?
    With a max hoard, all armorscales, and truegrit V atlevel 100thats exactly what Im saying.

I also think AE should nerf dragon evasion by a good amount and replace it with armor/hitpoints. Dragons are supposed to be huge beasts that are difficult to kill. In traditional fantasy lore, dragonscales are one of the best materials to make armor out of. It is fitting that a maxed out dragon would have more ac than a biped.
    Vesuvius Veix
    100/100 Dragon of Order with 26+ Million Hoard
    Officer of the Keir Chet k'Eilerten
    "Why am I cynical you ask? Because I have been given little to make me feel otherwise."

Quote Originally Posted by kengar
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Vesuvius wrote:
    To evilkarl: You really should include armor jewlery, not health jewlery when calculating that armor number if you are to stand by your statement that scales are jewlery. Regardless, its probably not going to make enough of a difference, I have about 1700ac selfbuffed with armor scales. Despite that, a maxed hoard isnt something to scoff at, the reward really should be equal to plate in ac at level 100 with all armorscales and buffs.

Actually, T5 health jewelry with the T5 Armor tech is a bigger bonus to armor than T5 armor jewelry. Since the same isn't true of dragon scales, a dragon that decides to wear something other than armor scales is giving up armor, instead of increasing it, as is the case with biped jewelry.
    Thats rather lame.
    Vesuvius Veix
    100/100 Dragon of Order with 26+ Million Hoard
    Officer of the Keir Chet k'Eilerten
    "Why am I cynical you ask? Because I have been given little to make me feel otherwise."

gopher65

Quote Originally Posted by Fireclaw
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]gopher65 wrote: OK not to drag up the old debate once again, but dragons play a single class. So choose which you want:

1) Healing almost as good as a cleric
    2) Armor and damage better than a Warrior
    3) Greater damage/spell than a mage
    4) All of these but all have drawbacks (like massive hoard drain, high skill to use etc)

These are mutually exclusive. You can't have them all. It would simply be stupid.

Heh you say its stupid to have them all. Well, bipeds can have them all or pretty close to it through multiclassing. Since dragons don't have the option to multiclass and have to go through much more effort to level their single class compared to a biped single class, dragons should be brought up to par with a multiclass biped.

The mobs are designed to face multiclassed players. Dragons need major boosts to be able to compete.

*gaaa stupid forums*

As I said Fireclaw, if your real issue is not being able to multiclass, then complain about that (which might be avalid complaintdepending on your point of view). But you cannot ask for a dragon to be made as uber as Frons is with his what??? 14 classes?!That is just silly. Unless it takes a dragon just as long to level his/her ONE class as it does a biped to level EVERY CLASS TO 100 then a dragon shouldn't be as uber as a multiclassed biped. Better than a single class perhaps, but not as good asa serious multiclasser. That just doesn't make sense.

Of course there is a simple solution to all of this. Give dragons 30 armor/lvl, no evasion (as adult, ancient a dragon is huge. They should have no evasion), give them heals, give them hoard attacks, give them magic hoard attacks, and whatever else they want. Then increase the amount of XP they need/lvl by maybe50 times (retroactively for dragons currently ingame). Then they would be balanced with bipeds. But then they would complain about how long it takes to level:P

Quote Originally Posted by Vesuvius
    I also think AE should nerf dragon evasion by a good amount and replace it with armor/hitpoints. Dragons are supposed to be huge beasts that are difficult to kill. In traditional fantasy lore, dragonscales are one of the best materials to make armor out of. It is fitting that a maxed out dragon would have more ac than a biped.
    That effect is already present in my opinion, in that we don't have dodge/block/parry, all fairly standard abilities of biped melee classes. Then there's the list of nonstandard abilities that are fairly normal in multiclassed characters, Foresight, Spirit Walk, Forest Mist, etc.

Not saying it's a bad idea, just saying that the decrease in evasion doesn't have to be by such a large amount.

Thread Information