Thread: Stopping the player built wastelands.

Default Stopping the player built wastelands.

If a player leaves the game, leave the housing intact. The housing should go up for rent by the Empire. Players can 'rent' one of these if they want. Unfinished plots should stay for a while and be available for purchase as a "fixer-upper", only to come up for "salvage" after a few months. Salvagable houses can be deconstructed to novians by crafters, and the exact time will not be predictable. If a player purchases a prebuilt abandoned house, they should get the option of transfering it to another plot.

A ghost town full of houses looks better than the current wasteland.

Default Re: Stopping the player built wastelands.

Right now when players leave the game their buildings stay. The devs haven't had a "repossession" of inactive property in half a year. When the devs do finally have a repossession, it would speed framerate to remove the unused buildings as well as giving the new purchaser something to build so I am in favor of the current system (but there should be repossessions).

However, plots look incredibly ugly. How about having empty plots in non-winter areas have a base of green grass rather than the current ugly brown dirt? Maybe also have many plots start out with a few trees, that the builder could choose to keep or level.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

Quote Originally Posted by Fireclaw
    ....However, plots look incredibly ugly. How about having empty plots in non-winter areas have a base of green grass rather than the current ugly brown dirt? Maybe also have many plots start out with a few trees, that the builder could choose to keep or level.
    Good idea, and how about when someone re-purchases the property the buyer gets all or a portion of the previous owner's construction materials, Novian-style? It would definitely encourage newbies to build something, IMO.

Regards;
    --------->Hasai

"I feel like a fugitive from the Law of Averages."

If a player quits their subscription without selling their plot, just let it get flagged as avalible.. ownership will be transfered from the quitting player to the Empire but all construction stays, maybe price should go up depending on number of started/completed structures on the plot.
    100 Warrior |100 Guardian |100 Healer
    Unity [former Ice]

wich one would you pick ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fireclaw
    Right now when players leave the game their buildings stay. The devs haven't had a "repossession" of inactive property in half a year. When the devs do finally have a repossession, it would speed framerate to remove the unused buildings as well as giving the new purchaser something to build so I am in favor of the current system (but there should be repossessions).

However, plots look incredibly ugly. How about having empty plots in non-winter areas have a base of green grass rather than the current ugly brown dirt? Maybe also have many plots start out with a few trees, that the builder could choose to keep or level.
    why should there be reposseseon? the rest i agree with though *looks at the endless feilds of ugly patches of brown dirt (non-desert plots)
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketsup
    Ssafire-lvl 100 Cleric, 100 Bloodmage, 100 Mage, 100 Druid, 90 Monk, Saris
    Safiretalon-lvl 66 dragon adventurer, lvl 32 dragon crafter, lvl 14 dragon lairshaper.
    Guild: Dark Defenders
    Horizons player since: December 21st 2003

Is there a way to quit quit the game?

I thought you just stopped paying. Then your characters, plots, vaults with contents etc, are kept available untill they are reposessed...

The resultof not having a reposessioning would, I guess, bebig database cluttering, more lag due to more unused buildings around, more scaffolding around, etc...

If that is true, the database size could prolly be halved by rooting out those that have left since the merges

Quote Originally Posted by Safire
    why should there be reposseseon? the rest i agree with though *looks at the endless feilds of ugly patches of brown dirt (non-desert plots)
    Of the 24 plots in Pangai on Chaos, all of which are owned, my estimate is that at least 16 of those plots belong to players that haven't logged in since EQ2/WoW went retail. I realize not all of those people have actually cancelled, but I know for a fact that some did. As the owner of the guild house plot, I'd like to free up those plots for new guildies.

Just thought - AE/Tulga isn't going to want to put players who left the game off from comming back - not while there is more plots than players - so there is no incentive to clean up crap - in case someone comes back from WoW or something. Maybe that when account are suspended - their buildings can go in their bank as novians - in case they DO come back. All these games say they will delete your chars after a while not paying, but my AC2 players were there after 14 months, and my UO stuff after more than two years away.

Quote Originally Posted by Safire
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Fireclaw wrote:Right now when players leave the game their buildings stay. The devs haven't had a "repossession" of inactive property in half a year. When the devs do finally have a repossession, it would speed framerate to remove the unused buildings as well as giving the new purchaser something to build so I am in favor of the current system (but there should be repossessions).

Many of the better located plots belong to players that have quit the game. These plots might have nothing on them, but nobody else can use them. Need repossession so those plots can be absorbed back into the system and new/existing players can purchase and use them and build them up.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

The original rules, pre-merge, for repossession were that the plots reverted to the Empire three months after the subscription expired. I don't remember if warnings were sent or not. At that time, there were many players who wanted plots, and even on Expanse there was a plot shortage, especially of RCI plots.

I also wish the plots had grass. As for buildings on reclaimed plots.... if kept, a MODERATE price increase for the building, or for it's Novian materials. But I don't feel strongly about the buildings.

Since there are still plenty of plots for sale, I'm not sure that the old system needs to be reinstated; still, many of the abandoned plots are choice ones.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Thread Information