Thread: Health Points

jamz2k

Default Health Points

I was just wondering if anybody new if there was a problem with character's health. I thought you gain health each time you gain levels as long as the current school is higher than any other. Is that right or did they change it?

Default Re: Health Points

Not necessarily true. Not all classes gain the same number of health points per level...

Expanding a little on that, you get the highest value of HP from all of your classes.
    So if you have a class that gives you 5 hp a level, and you have 3 levels in that, but your second class gets 10 HP/level and you have 2 levels in that, you will have 20HP total, and will NOT get any more HP even at level four of your first class.

-HratLi

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

jamz2k

So then how do I gain the health points then? It kind of sucks having my highest class be lvl 37 but still not even close to 1000 health.

> So then how do I gain the health points then?

As stated before, you gain HP by leveling, though the amount of gained HP depending on the class you are in. F.ex. Paladin gets 20 HP per level, Spiritist only 14.

> It kind of sucks having my highest class be lvl 37 but still not even close to 1000 health.

I'm not sure why you suppose you need be "close to 1000 health" at lvl 37, but let's do a bit of maths.

Starting health of most Races is 50 HP (only Half-Giants get 60)
    Say you are lvl 37 in a class that gets 20 HP / level (Berserker, Chaos Warrior, KNOC, Paladin, Reaver, Spearman, Warrior).

50 + (37 x 20) = 790

That's what you get without any class-specific bonus to health or health-techs/-buffs.
    But there are some like:
    - +10 from Wishgiver-Tasks (Tazoon)
    - (some) +10 from Class-Bonus
    - Biped-Spells (Gifts, Enhances, Raises, Sourges)
    - Dragon-Spell "Promote Vitality"
    - Health-Jewelry
    - Health-Techs on Armor
    - Health-Crystals in Armor- or Weapon-Sockets (up to +30 each)
    - Potions

So feel free to play on the keyboard of the possibilities you are given. [:D]

assuming they're adv classes, you get 12 training points per level, which can be dumped into health on a 1/1 basis, so if you're 37th level in a warrior-ish class, you have your 790 health and spend all of your training points on health, you should end up with 1,234 health without any buffs, teched items or jewelry.

Owell, forgot this possibility ... [:$]

But as the TPs are sooo much needed in other, more vital things than health, it just didn't come to my mind it seems.

You can't spend all your tps on health only half at any one time
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

oh. Never encountered this, always seems to be something better to spend them on...

actually I'm to understand you can ONLY put a max of 1/2 of all your tp in to a single thing, is it this way with health points also?
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Thread Information