Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Security Certificate ON Unity

Default Re: Security Certificate ON Unity

We'll await the warning disappearing with great anticipation, David. Thanks for the reply.

Annnnd... apologies on my behalf for some posts around, but hearing nothing on long running problems tends to get bad responses. It'd be better to hear: "We know of the problem, have not found a solution yet but we are working on it" then to hear nothing... or so my own helpdesk customers compliment me when i fill them in on lack of progress...

Looks like David has been faster than me but hey... it's almost midnight here [;)]

Tomorrow we should be able to continue the registration procedure and the certificate will be most likely applied at the beginning of next week (it always needs a couple of days to be generated and then sent back to us).

Thanks for the Reply/answers David and luca... I am sure that many players will be looking forward to have this issue resolved :)

Lostkitty

there are no real news about this, as today i asked luca about the certificate issue and he answered that

a)GN is in posession of the security certificate since October 2004,
    b) they need a signed paper from the istaria.com domain owner to register the security certificate and
    c) GN is not owner of the domain, Tulga Games is.

stated april 14th 2005

So until Tulga Games finally gets around to sign an official paper allowing GN to register the security certificate in their name nothing will change,so the issue lies finally not with GN but with Tulga.
    let me make myself clear as luca said the page is secure even with an outdated certificate so dont worry about it we all wait for the day this warning disappears ;)

just thought to let you know :) hf

I remember hearing it before ... it is something annoying ..

sometimes i wonder .. how can people make a "good game" if they even can`t sign a paper for the most simple issue to be resolved ....

Well... Maybe one day they will realise it ...and I hope that GN is trying to persue Tulga to get their ***** up and sign the ******** thing ...

Heya all,

As it seems we are not considered by Tulga as it should be, i cannot understand how it's possible after 4 months of waiting.....
    They should sign this ******** paper and send it to the people that will apply the certificate.....
    So finally the european players will stop to bother Mr. Mazzasogni for a reason that is not pertinent to him and surely not his fault.
    Tulga should be ashamed of this....

Best regards,

Knud

any news?

Tulga do anything!!!!!!!

hhmmmm,

2 month ago Davis said it would be done, and now after 2 month?
    Still the same, so bla bla bla.[:S]

Abbie
    Abbie: 100 Sorcerer, 100 Wizard, 100 Conjurer, 100 Chaos Warrior

Game Network did their part of the job in this issue.
    (Btw bravo for the new website [;)])
    I guess that the person(s?) who must manage this problem isn't(aren't?) known of us.
    At the moment,I think that it's better to aim and think about next maintenance,which have a great content [:)].Maybe all is not perfect,but we still can play,new contents are coming...What else can we ask?
    This certificate issue to be solved of course [:)],but as I said,it's not the most important for the moment,people are waiting some new stuffs ingame.
    Weather looks like sunny...More sunny that just after the merge,for sure [;)][:)]

Quote Originally Posted by Milandra
    This certificate issue to be solved of course [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img],but as I said,it's not the most important for the moment,people are waiting some new stuffs ingame.
    it is true .. it isn`t the most important issue.. but that is no excuse for tulga not to sign the authorisation paper so that GN can resolve the issue .. everything is ready.. except the signed paper from tulga .. (and it is already 6 months like that ....)

Quote Originally Posted by Xante
    [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Milandra wrote: This certificate issue to be solved of course [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img],but as I said,it's not the most important for the moment,people are waiting some new stuffs ingame.

it is true .. it isn`t the most important issue.. but that is no excuse for tulga not to sign the authorisation paper so that GN can resolve the issue .. everything is ready.. except the signed paper from tulga .. (and it is already 6 months like that ....)
    Correction, GN need to send a different piece of paper to Tulga to sign, if they'd sent the right form in the first place things would have been solved much sooner. Don't believe everything Luca tells you, he may be painting a picture of GN being innocent and Tulga being the big bad wolf, but it's not all true, only the bit about Tulga needing to sign a piece of paper is true. Game Network could have sorted this out ages ago if they'd stop messing Tulga around.

There's much more to this story, but I for one am not at liberty to say more. On the other hand Luca could say more if he wanted to, but he doesn't want to jeopardise current negotiations. 'Nuff said [:#]

:(

aaaaaaaahh

Tulga what are you doing? please tell us any news about this!

Quote Originally Posted by Vlisson
    [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-6.gif[/img]

aaaaaaaahh

I think you should ask Game Network instead. What we are experiencing is common practice for GN and the online games it hosts. Like other GN customers who have played their other games have pointed out, GN do not give a ******** about anything except accounting figures.

laton2005

Quote Originally Posted by Tzael
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Vlisson wrote: [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-6.gif[/img]

aaaaaaaahh

I think you should ask Game Network instead. What we are experiencing is common practice for GN and the online games it hosts. Like other GN customers who have played their other games have pointed out, GN do not give a ******** about anything except accounting figures.

I just started playing on the free trial. I notice that the security certificate is out of date as of the 7th of Aug 2005. I will not give CC details until the site is secure, which means, once my trial ends, I'll stop playing.

I'd understand it but the site is still sure.
    https process is still used and the only issue is about some papers that makes that this security certificate is out.

We already had a message about it:
    this website is still secure and safe

The expired certificate doesn't mean that the website is not secure anymore.

Certificates "expire" (but still work 100%) usually after one year as it's strongly suggested to change them periodically to improve security.
    those words are from our Horizons Europe community Manager.
    Quote from here:
    http://community.istaria.com/Web/Sho...x?PostID=19124

Still bad that this issue still exists,of course :(

Quote Originally Posted by David Bowman
    This thread does get read, and Tulga Games, Game Network and their parent company Digital Bros have found a solution. Our sincere apologies for any inconvenience experienced by Horizons' players.

David Bowman
    Ok Mr. Bowman

what is the state of this issue? so your job is done and now GN has to get active?

Thread Information