Thread: rateings and experience

Default rateings and experience

ok i have discovered a very puzzleing fact...the claser your rateing gets to a mob the less experience you get (or in othwer words you get less exp from a mob that has same rateing as you then you would 5 levels ago) it makes no sence really i would think you woul,d get more exp as you neared its rateing...untill you got to 5 or 10 levels above it personally it makes no sence and i hope its a bug becuase it hurts peoples exp when they cant get to higher mobs.
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketsup
    Ssafire-lvl 100 Cleric, 100 Bloodmage, 100 Mage, 100 Druid, 90 Monk, Saris
    Safiretalon-lvl 66 dragon adventurer, lvl 32 dragon crafter, lvl 14 dragon lairshaper.
    Guild: Dark Defenders
    Horizons player since: December 21st 2003

Gorron

Default Re: rateings and experience

If you manage to take on something 5 levels above your rating, you get more experience than if you defeat one that is merely your level. The more difficult the enemy, the greater the reward. Pretty simple, and makes sense to me. Even in a role playing context, you would learn more defeating a more powerful foe than a less powerful one.

um im saying lets say a rateinf 98 killed a 100 rateing mob he would get more exp then if a rateing 100 killed a rateing 100 mob
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketsup
    Ssafire-lvl 100 Cleric, 100 Bloodmage, 100 Mage, 100 Druid, 90 Monk, Saris
    Safiretalon-lvl 66 dragon adventurer, lvl 32 dragon crafter, lvl 14 dragon lairshaper.
    Guild: Dark Defenders
    Horizons player since: December 21st 2003

Quote Originally Posted by Safire
    um im saying lets say a rateinf 98 killed a 100 rateing mob he would get more exp then if a rateing 100 killed a rateing 100 mob
    Correct. Which is how it should be. Just as if a level 98 kills a level 100 mob will get more Xp then a level 100 Killing a level 100 Mob. The 98 is 2 levels be it base or rating lower then the level 100 mob and there is "2 levels" weaker and should get more xp for beating something that is more challaging then it would be for a level/rateing 100 Char.

Thread Information