Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hoard levels revisited?

Default hoard levels revisited?

Greetings all,

At the top of this forum, as a sticky, are the Hoard Level Requirements. Now is that a marvelous list of numbers... and from the people i asked what those numbers mean i have gotten a whole list of varying answers. Might it be an idea to add that info to that post, describing hoard value etc?

Unfortunately that post is locked, but i would greatly welcome a stickied post on the subject...

Default Re: hoard levels revisited?

How hoard works:

you can put stuff in your hoard by dragging it onto the hoard picture at the bottom of the equipment window, or by right-clicking an inventory item and selecting hoard. You can also hoard raw coin at the rate of 10c per 1 point of hoard (not recommended). You can hoard money, scales, spells, tools, potions, weapons, jewelery, armor, trophy tokens, and special high-hoard value loot that drops from monsters. Most special hoard loot needs to be added to the new monsters' loot tables. The best way currently to get hoard is probably to mass-craft items (possibly with a biped friend) and then feed the products to your hoard.

There is no limit to the amount of hoard you can have at any one time, however you only get a passive benefit from the number of hoard increments equal to your adventurer level. So if you are a level 12 adventurer you can get the bonus from the first 12 hoard increments if you have enough hoard.

Each hoard increment gives you +4 armor and +1 breath of fire damage. Though reportedly there is one exception that when you go from a level 99 to level 100 hoard you get +80 armor instead of the usual +4.

Hoard increments are calculated as follows: 100*x(4th), where x = your dragon's adventurer level divided by 10 round down. So for levels 1-9 to get the max benefit you need 100*1*1*1*1 = 100 hoard points per increment. At level 11 you would need 100*2*2*2*2=1600 hoard points per increment, and so on. So the first 10 levels take only 100 hoard points each, the next 10 take 1600 hoard points each, and so on. At level 100 to have a full-hoard you need 25.3 million hoard points (an amount that to my knowledge only 2 dragons on all shards combined have achieved)

Hoard also serves two other important functions:
    1. You need to have a minimum of 250,000 hoard as one of the requirements to begin the Rite of Passage Epic Quest to become an adult flying dragon. Presumably the Rite of Passage to become an ancient dragon (should come by end of the year hopefully) will have a higher hoard requirement as well.

2. Hoard serves as ammunition to a number of special abilities, including a dragon's strongest attack: Gold rage (uber multistrike), Silver strike (weaker multistrike), and gold shield (defensive gift buff).

These abilities cost more hoard as you go up in level. For instance here are the stats on some of the higher level versions:

Gold rage VII: costs 640 hoard per use. Effect: 3-attack melee multistrike, each attack having a bonus to hit and each doing 500% normal damage. Also slow's target's delay and recycle by 40% for 1 minute. 15 second recycle. This is a dragon's most powerful attack ability if you are willing to burn the hoard.

Silver Strike X: costs 50 hoard per use. Effect: 2 simultaneous meleee attacks at +130ish damage per hit (don't remember exact boost). 30 seconds recycle.

Gold shield: adult dragons only get this useless ability. Gives 1 minute gift buff (10 minute timer) that absorbs 1/2 of all damage taken at the cost of 3 hoard points per 1 point of damage absorbed. Also costs 250 hoard to activate. This ability is useless because just one use can easily absorb 15,000+ hoard, making it much more efficient to die and recall than to blow the hoard.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

...do NOT call Shield of Gold useless - if u wanna take on some of the more nasty mobs, u need it. Try soloing Mhedon without it, or a group of 5-8 dire ice mutts...

Quote Originally Posted by Amerelium
    ...do NOT call Shield of Gold useless - if u wanna take on some of the more nasty mobs, u need it. Try soloing Mhedon without it, or a group of 5-8 dire ice mutts...
    I don't call it useless, just the least cost-effective hoard ability.

And I've tried soloing Mhedon WITH it, and still can't survive his avalanche of ore. Closest I've come was when I had Refreshing Breeze, spiked scales, and Shield of Gold up, maxed TP in health, had landed every debuff and hit with gold rage before he connected with avalance of ore. That time I didn't die until his 5th hit. If it hadn't been for Gold Shield, I probably would have died on the second, maybe third hit.

and just to add..

a month or so..maybe longer ago - Manga said they were revisiting the hoard and the hoard caps - wether that will ever come to fruition who knows. But as he stated it "hoarding is just a boring grind, and the caps are ridiciculous" or something.

Just thought I'd throw that in - it keeps hope alive sometimes ;)

I've been advocating since we finally got hoard loss stopped, that either the caps need to be dropped significantly, or the rewards need to raise as exponentially as the dang cap levels do!

Quote Originally Posted by Fireclaw
    How hoard works:

you can put stuff in your hoard by dragging it onto the hoard picture at the bottom of the equipment window, or by right-clicking an inventory item and selecting hoard. You can also hoard raw coin at the rate of 10c per 1 point of hoard (not recommended). You can hoard money, scales, spells, tools, potions, weapons, jewelery, armor, trophy tokens, and special high-hoard value loot that drops from monsters. Most special hoard loot needs to be added to the new monsters' loot tables. The best way currently to get hoard is probably to mass-craft items (possibly with a biped friend) and then feed the products to your hoard.

There is no limit to the amount of hoard you can have at any one time, however you only get a passive benefit from the number of hoard increments equal to your adventurer level. So if you are a level 12 adventurer you can get the bonus from the first 12 hoard increments if you have enough hoard.

Each hoard increment gives you +4 armor and +1 breath of fire damage. Though reportedly there is one exception that when you go from a level 99 to level 100 hoard you get +80 armor instead of the usual +4.

Hoard increments are calculated as follows: 100*x(4th), where x = your dragon's adventurer level divided by 10 round down. So for levels 1-9 to get the max benefit you need 100*1*1*1*1 = 100 hoard points per increment. At level 11 you would need 100*2*2*2*2=1600 hoard points per increment, and so on. So the first 10 levels take only 100 hoard points each, the next 10 take 1600 hoard points each, and so on. At level 100 to have a full-hoard you need 25.3 million hoard points (an amount that to my knowledge only 2 dragons on all shards combined have achieved)

Hoard also serves two other important functions:
    1. You need to have a minimum of 250,000 hoard as one of the requirements to begin the Rite of Passage Epic Quest to become an adult flying dragon. Presumably the Rite of Passage to become an ancient dragon (should come by end of the year hopefully) will have a higher hoard requirement as well.

2. Hoard serves as ammunition to a number of special abilities, including a dragon's strongest attack: Gold rage (uber multistrike), Silver strike (weaker multistrike), and gold shield (defensive gift buff).

These abilities cost more hoard as you go up in level. For instance here are the stats on some of the higher level versions:

Gold rage VII: costs 640 hoard per use. Effect: 3-attack melee multistrike, each attack having a bonus to hit and each doing 500% normal damage. Also slow's target's delay and recycle by 40% for 1 minute. 15 second recycle. This is a dragon's most powerful attack ability if you are willing to burn the hoard.

Silver Strike X: costs 50 hoard per use. Effect: 2 simultaneous meleee attacks at +130ish damage per hit (don't remember exact boost). 30 seconds recycle.

Gold shield: adult dragons only get this useless ability. Gives 1 minute gift buff (10 minute timer) that absorbs 1/2 of all damage taken at the cost of 3 hoard points per 1 point of damage absorbed. Also costs 250 hoard to activate. This ability is useless because just one use can easily absorb 15,000+ hoard, making it much more efficient to die and recall than to blow the hoard.
    Very nice post Fireclaw I added your post along with Ra`ven post as a new stick thread at top

Ragon, one minor correction to the posted info on dragon hoard cap. The cap is according to your higher of adventure/crafting, not just adventure.crafting. Or at least it was until both my adventure and crafting levels exceded my hoard level.

Quote Originally Posted by kengar
    Ragon, one minor correction to the posted info on dragon hoard cap. The cap is according to your higher of adventure/crafting, not just adventure.crafting. Or at least it was until both my adventure and crafting levels exceded my hoard level.
    So a level 10 dragon adventurer / 100 dragoncrafter with level 100 hoard gets the full benefit of level 100 hoard? Good to know. My post above was a cut and paste from a post I wrote late last year explaining hoard.

Couple other notes:
    1. Going from level 99 to level 100 hoard you get the usual +4 armor + the additional 80 armor for a total of +84 armor. Max possible passive armor bonus from a maxed hoard is +480 armor.
    2. If "banish armor" is cast on you, you lose the benefit from all armor EXCEPT hoard armor. So if you have a max hoard your armor is reduced to 480 for the duration. In comparison, I think banish armor cast on a biped reduces its armor to 0 for the duration.

banish armor... never heard of it is it a wa ability?
    most i've seen is rust lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kumu Honua
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Fireclaw wrote:
    Couple other notes:
    1. Going from level 99 to level 100 hoard you get the usual +4 armor + the additional 80 armor for a total of +84 armor. Max possible passive armor bonus from a maxed hoard is +480 armor.

This is a fallacy.

You do not gain 80 extra armor at 100 hoard. You gain the same +4 armor as every other hoard level. This was verified by Amon.

Probably what happened is the dragon that did the math didn't take into account the +70 armor for Hardened Scales, nor the +10 armor for Minor Armor (WishGiver).
    Nope not a fallacy. Checked my armor 10 seconds before and 10 seconds after going from 99 hoard to 100 hoard and gained exactly 84 armor.

many bugs anderrorsin the game, so who knows this is one as well...
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Fireclaw is rigth, you get 84 ekstra armour when going from 99-100, I noticed that myself when I got the last hoard lvl.

Why Amon says othervise I don't understand,sincethis has been confirmed by several people.
    Uroloki Chaos (Unity)(ice)

Armor of 956 with no buffs/armor scales on.

796 for L100 and L99 hoard
    70 for hardened scales
    10 for wishgiver
    80 for last hoard level?

Can't explain it otherwise.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Just checked my armor. I get 1001 armor unbuffed without scales that boost armor or crystals on. Not quite sure how it adds up though.

Very odd, I got 917 armor with nothing on with level 99 hoard.

And I have 70 from hardened scales and 10 from wishgiver minor armor...

It comes off:

99 * 4 armor from regular levels = 396 (the first level gives no armor)
    99 * 4 armor from hoard levels = 396
    70 armor from hardened scales VII
    10 armor off wishgiver
    45 armor off Adult RoP

Total: 917
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

And after I went to 100/100/100 I got 1001 AC.

It means I gained 1001 - 917 = 84 AC.

Before (no buffs, no prots, nothing on me):

After (no buffs, no prots, nothing on me):

Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.

1001 armor. - This is odd since Maltavorn is a 100 dragon with level 100 hoard and he has 956...

1001 armor
    -396 for level 100.
    ------
    605 armor
    -400 for level 100 hoard.
    -------
    205 armor
    -70 for hardened scales
    --------
    135 armor
    -10 for minor armor
    ---------
    125 armor
    -45 for adult status
    ----------
    80 armor unaccounted for...

Now we have two different sets of unaccounted armor. Both number sets are from level 100 dragons. Both number sets are from level 100 hoards. Both number sets are naked/buffless dragons...

Something isn't adding up. In either direction of the question at hand...
    That extra 80 armor comes from going to level 99-100 hoard. A full hoard grants 480 armor not 400.

Then how do you Explain Maltavorn who is the exact same as you, with only a +35...
    I do not know. Perhaps Maltavorn was debuffed at the time. Notice that Vahrokh also has 1001 armor unbuffed naked at level 100 hoard.

so do i, though i don't feel like taking a ss =p

I know many others with the same thing

I have a temptative theory.

In the most ancient,really ancienttimes, great care had to be taken not to get a new level without having it covered with the related hoard level (or let hoard self-empty too much losing a level of it) else you could lose the 4 armor bonus of it forever.

Maybe he's a victim of that?

*just really guessing, probably not that*

Thread Information