Thread: Dragon Scale Armor

Default Dragon Scale Armor

Make some loot only very rare formulasfor making bi-ped armor from dragonscales, not sure wich classes should get to wear these.. warrior would be one of them, but should guardian also be able to wear it since its probably lighterthan plate?

Dragonscale armor should bestronger and lighterthan platemail.. maybe introduce some new high lvl undead or WA-pet dragons, that you can gather or lootresources from, for these armors.
    Maybe have nasty roaming dragons like AoP used to but higher lvl and more difficult.

Also there should not be low tier of these, only tier 5+.

Also since formulas is a very rare drop, and the undead or WA-tamed dragons should be hard to kill, it should take some time for someone to get many armor parts in dragonscale.

What do you think [:)]
    100 Warrior |100 Guardian |100 Healer
    Unity [former Ice]

wich one would you pick ?

Default Re: Dragon Scale Armor

Considering that actual dragonscales offer dragons themselves virtually no protection in battle, I doubt you'd want to wear dragonscale armor since it would be vastly inferior to platemail.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

Well, you don't look at the bright side of it.

Istarian's Dragon scales would protect like our scales and so they'd be wearable by mages [;)]
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireclaw
    Considering that actual dragonscales offer dragons themselves virtually no protection in battle, I doubt you'd want to wear dragonscale armor since it would be vastly inferior to platemail.
    Maybe dragonscales on dragons need to be improved first then, kind of sad if dragons have armor "vastly inferior to platemail".
    Unity [former Ice]

yes it would be interesting if dragons could make something for the biped and vice versa

and not only spells

Sure, purses, dragon chops, dragon ham, armour pieces, dragon comb (in place of the boring turtle combs) etc. etc. [6]
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarius
    Make some loot only very rare formulasfor making bi-ped armor from dragonscales, not sure wich classes should get to wear these.. warrior would be one of them, but should guardian also be able to wear it since its probably lighterthan plate?
    Well, don't forget, all warrior types with the proper amount of AU can wear any armor.

Dragonscale armor should bestronger and lighterthan platemail.. maybe introduce some new high lvl undead or WA-pet dragons, that you can gather or lootresources from, for these armors.
    Maybe have nasty roaming dragons like AoP used to but higher lvl and more difficult.
    Should, butdragon scale armor (that innate ability) is equivalent to chainmail at best. That is game mechanics. You are talking of game lore and that is not in place yet.

Have you read the postings that compared dragon innate armor to that of the other Living Races? It seems you have not.

Also there should not be low tier of these, only tier 5+.

Also since formulas is a very rare drop, and the undead or WA-tamed dragons should be hard to kill, it should take some time for someone to get many armor parts in dragonscale.

What do you think [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img]
    No, don't need more tier V only content. There should be armors for all tiers.

What would be interesting would be flame resistant dragon scales and ice/spirit resistant ones to reflect the dragon factions. WA dragons are of the undead kind, their scales would not be as desirable as those from a healthy dragon I'm sure.

Anyway, interesting idea but it seems more biped, and tier V, content. Granted dragons could be killed for their scales, but the only IG dragons are undead ones. So would need NPC "healthy" dragons. Now, dragon players would take offense to biped players killing their race (even if they were evil dragons), and Dralk would be essentially closed to bipeds if that were to happen.

I think there would be a lot of ramifications for this suggestion to be properly implemented.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaraiden
    Anyway, interesting idea but it seems more biped, and tier V, content. Granted dragons could be killed for their scales, but the only IG dragons are undead ones. So would need NPC "healthy" dragons. Now, dragon players would take offense to biped players killing their race (even if they were evil dragons), and Dralk would be essentially closed to bipeds if that were to happen.

I think there would be a lot of ramifications for this suggestion to be properly implemented.
    I want "Healthy" bipeds running around so I can hunt them for sport...[6]
    Or maybe we dragons could wear a fur skin as armor... [:P]

In essence the idea is interesting at best, but I dont know if many players would like it... I wouldnt unless the hunting of "evil" dragons is backed up with a load of lore...
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Actually, if I was a biped it would be pretty neat to don a suit of cool looking dragonscale armor (sort of like the pictures of dragon-highlord armor in dragonlance). [:P]

The devs just need to pump up innate dragon armor so that it is actually worth having and us dragons don't get jealous and wonder why dragon armor only offers real protection once its removed from the dragon.[:$]

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

The devs just need to pump up innate dragon armor so that it is actually worth having and us dragons don't get jealous and wonder why dragon armor only offers real protection once its removed from the dragon
    Psst! The secret of hard dragon armour is all in the tanning process. [;)]

I just got this picture of a Blight Lord visiting our realm in a flying chariot drawn by two black dragons ancient of course, since the a lord from the realm of blight would settle for no less. [;)]

Its like you take a pet any kind and raise it to be a mean vicious beast that kill all living things, thats how these dragons where raised, they should not have gleaming scales like healthy dragons but more like the hide of a dark stalker, mistreated and angry at everything, a disgrace to dragon kind, now you have reason enough for dragons to help take these out of their misery.

Btw i did say tier 5 and higher only, who knows what an ancient dragon will learn, i really hope some developer will upgrade scales for ancients that will be better than plate!!
    Unity [former Ice]

Instead of drops have it something that dragons shed. Rate based on level/time in game. Dragon sheds after say 15 adv levels or every 3 weeks. Scales appear in inventory and can be crafted into only certain armor shapes...chest plate or greeves, nothing small.
    Gliding Frost
    Dark Defenders
    Adult May 16, 2004
    Ancient October 2005

The devs just need to pump up innate dragon armor so that it is actually worth having and us dragons don't get jealous and wonder why dragon armor only offers real protection once its removed from the dragon.[img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-10.gif[/img]
    Totally agree... lol [;)]

Quote Originally Posted by Gliding Frost
    Instead of drops have it something that dragons shed. Rate based on level/time in game. Dragon sheds after say 15 adv levels or every 3 weeks. Scales appear in inventory and can be crafted into only certain armor shapes...chest plate or greeves, nothing small.
    Interesting idea... Maybe each time a dragon would shed the scales would be a little stronger and thus would provide better protection... Then shedding every tier (thus 20 lvls)might be best...

I just got this picture of a Blight Lord visiting our realm in a flying chariot drawn by two black dragons ancient of course, since the a lord from the realm of blight would settle for no less. [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img]

Its like you take a pet any kind and raise it to be a mean vicious beast that kill all living things, thats how these dragons where raised, they should not have gleaming scales like healthy dragons but more like the hide of a dark stalker, mistreated and angry at everything, a disgrace to dragon kind, now you have reason enough for dragons to help take these out of their misery.

Btw i did say tier 5 and higher only, who knows what an ancient dragon will learn, i really hope some developer will upgrade scales for ancients that will be better than plate!!
    In case of lore it should be cool, but lore speaking I doubt this Blight Lord would only have 2 Ancient dragons as pets, If he really is so powerfull he will probably be breeding them as well for his war effort against all the living races, and thus providingan opening for tier 1 to 4 to be implemented as well... And for a chance to see adult or ancientevil dragons attack the cities... [H]
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Now that would be neat to see flying adult undead dragons circling over Aug and swooping down to attack the unsuspecting.

Now if they would only allow aerial combat so adult dragons could enter into combat with them high above the cities. would give us a use.

Provide neat new animation of the slain dragons rolling over in the air and falling to the ground; and shaking the ground (much like Dark cyclone does) when they hit.

Leviathan (formerly known as "Skald")
    100 ADV / 100 DCRA / 95 LSH Ancient Lunus Dragon (Order Shard)
    67 million Hoard...and rising!

"I kill where I wish and none dare resist...my armor is like tenfold shields, my teeth are swords, my claws spears, the shock of my tail a thunderbolt, my wings a hurricane, and my breath death!" - Smaug the Mighty

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy
    [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Aquarius wrote: I just got this picture of a Blight Lord visiting our realm in a flying chariot drawn by two black dragons ancient of course, since the a lord from the realm of blight would settle for no less. [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img]

Btw i did say tier 5 and higher only, who knows what an ancient dragon will learn, i really hope some developer will upgrade scales for ancients that will be better than plate!!In case of lore it should be cool, but lore speaking I doubt this Blight Lord would only have 2 Ancient dragons as pets, If he really is so powerfull he will probably be breeding them as well for his war effort against all the living races, and thus providingan opening for tier 1 to 4 to be implemented as well... And for a chance to see adult or ancientevil dragons attack the cities... [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-11.gif[/img]
    Better save the Blight High Lords or Blight King for later events [;)]

Should be somepoor lords wich only affoard 2 dragons [:P]
    Unity [former Ice]

[img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Dragonboy wrote: [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Aquarius wrote: I just got this picture of a Blight Lord visiting our realm in a flying chariot drawn by two black dragons ancient of course, since the a lord from the realm of blight would settle for no less. [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img]

Btw i did say tier 5 and higher only, who knows what an ancient dragon will learn, i really hope some developer will upgrade scales for ancients that will be better than plate!!In case of lore it should be cool, but lore speaking I doubt this Blight Lord would only have 2 Ancient dragons as pets, If he really is so powerfull he will probably be breeding them as well for his war effort against all the living races, and thus providingan opening for tier 1 to 4 to be implemented as well... And for a chance to see adult or ancientevil dragons attack the cities... [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-11.gif[/img]

Better save the Blight High Lords or Blight King for later events [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img]

Should be somepoor lords wich only affoard 2 dragons [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img]
    Why not drop:
    1) A Blight lord in each large blighted area...
    (Western, Northern, Eastern Deadlands)
    2) (Multiple Lieutenants in the large but also smaller areas...
    (Western, Northern, Eastern Deadlands, but also Deathpool, Ruined observatory, Old Rachival... ect)

And all the named mobs 1-3 nice looking undead or alive evil dragons and size depending on the importance of the main mob (either lord or lieutenant), ancient or adult...

Some really nice ideas here that could be molded into some very interesting new content as well as quests and lore for the game.

If first made consistent from theviewof actual armor rating for

scales of living dragons <-> dragon scale armor

I would really like theidea.

Narkano

The devs just need to pump up innate dragon armor so that it is actually worth having and us dragons don't get jealous and wonder why dragon armor only offers real protection once its removed from the dragon.[img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-10.gif[/img]
    Sort of the same reason leather armor doesn't help protect cows...

If dragons really wanted to be tougher, maybe they should learn to craft armor scales made of dwarves ^_^

Thread Information