Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dragons & The state of this game..

Robert Quicksilver

Default Re: Dragons & The state of this game..

Ah a classic dragon vs. biped thread. Bless. Fast forward 10 weeks and those big beasts who fill up your screen will all be underground in their cozy liars sipping on fresh gnome blood. Hey look there are some pigs that have just completed their rites of passage.

"Paladins were the absolute undisputed kings of comabt int he game. nothing could come close. you would seein paladins taking on mobs a good 10+ lvls above them with NO problems at all, simply because they had tons of armor (more armor then a dragon) GREAT healing spells, and really good dmg abilites. and from teh looks of the game, i doubt thats changed a whole lot"

Hmm. I can take a level 110 travertine golem without difficulty. If I want to use 5-minute heals I can take 2 at a time. If I use everything I could take at least 3 at a time. In comparison, a friend of mine who is a level 100 paladin has some difficulty taking one, and would be unable to take two.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

Soulwing

"The weaker bipeds think we are, the cheaper the hoardables will be" old dragon saying.

So i completly agree, spiked scales dont work, gold rage is a joke, an i only fight sandstone golems even though im lvl77. Please give me some more hoardables [:$]

I have been playing for 3 months now andI leveled myself up to lvl 57/63.
    And NOW finally I see a chance of taking on mobs stronger then me.
    YesterdayI managed to take down a lvl 75 Opal Golem, but my god it "only" costs me 600 from my hoard and a 5 minute wait before Instant heal and Refreshing Breeze was again ready for use...
    2 times Silverstrike (1 always misses) and 2 times Gold Rage IV (mostly 1 or 2 miss)...

Would both hoard abilities or at least the extremely expensive Gold Ragehave a 100% chance to actually hit we dragons suddenly get far more powerfull, but far to often I treat the mobs with a Gold Rage with all 3 strikes miss or get dodged (even on mobs lower in lvl).

While the bipeds my lvl simply keep striking at a standard 100+ damage, I only achieve a 100+ damage when striking at a lvl 10 mob.

Esspecially in the beginning Silver strike and Gold Rage are the most powerfull attacks a dragon can have, but low lvl mobs dont drop real hoardable items and besides that for 1 use of Gold Rage you can use Silver Strike 3-4 times which increases the higher the Dragons Adv.lvl...

Quote from Anikitos:
    Comparing them to multiclassed bipeds with 200-400+ adv lvls under their belt is stupid, there is NO comparison. A biped with 200-400+ lvls, will be more versatile if build right and be ofcource much stronger in certain areas.
    But thats normal, concidering the ammount of lvls under his belt.

Then isnt it supposed to be changed that us dragons can GROW stronger as well, personaly when I bought this game I was thinking that the dragons would be the stronger race in the game, but dragons start as weak and eventhough we can fly (wow since bipeds outrun me sometimes at twice the speed) and we use 2 powerfull attacks which we have to massively craft for to keep the hoard at a respectable lvl. Personally and no insult intended I think it is just plane stupid that a dragon only has 100 lvls in adventure while Bipeds can keep going on to 200-400+ adventure lvls. But now that the developers have there way and there is only 1 EU shard, maybe it will be possible to fix broken quests, introduce lairs, introduce the Ancient Rite of Passage and allow dragons to move on to lvl 120-150+ on both Adventure as Craft, maybe by introducing separate schools for adulthood and Ancienthood. I heared similar stuff was in beta and the idea is sound and ?could? also be used to further split up the Lunus and Helian since:[*] Lunus could go to ?fighting? schools. [*] Helians could go to ?scholar and Mages? schools.[/list]
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

To increase your chances of hitting with your melee specials try the following:
    1. Make sure all scales are teched with Tooth and Claw. For even more accuracy you could go dex instead, but tooth and claw will also boost your damage. To get maximum possible melee damage put 1/2 tps into strength and 1/2 into tooth and claw.
    2. Put maximum possible training points into Tooth and Claw.
    3. Initiate combat by casting Grazing Winds on the target. When combat begins use gold rage as your first attack followed by staggering howl (to get their debuffs on the target). If you are lunus, you can also hit with lightning breath against the toughest monsters.
    4. For tough monsters, make sure to use spiked scales.
    5. Make sure all adventurer quests are completed.

Still, if you are fighting a level 75 golem as a level 57 dragon, its pretty much expected that you will have a challenging fight, need to use all your abilities and burn a lot of hoard.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

Tech my scales with Tooth and Claw might work indeed, already have Strenght III on my T3-scales.
    Use Armor scales with Strenght III and Power III at the moment only havent reallynoticed a real change in damage of the few spells I cast.
    It is at least worth a try...
    Thanks for the tip Fireclaw... [:D]

Besides when fighting those golems I got killed 2 times before I found a sound strategy to kill them...
    Call me a stuborn dragon, butIkinda enjoy a challenge... [;)]

Personally I dont really care about using my abilities, enjoy the crafting and get the xp at the same time..
    Only I dont like it that especially when our lvls increase Gold Rage has to be so expensive...
    Even thinking about NOT doing the Gold Rage V - quest for the simple fact that I already think 260 HV per attack is quite expensive, let alone upgrading it and pay more per attack... Besides damage will increase anyways the more lvls I grow...

But Fireclaw... I wish I had the Lightning Breath allready, but since I am just a tiny hatchling and wont be able to get it untill I get an adult...
    And I will after the devsuse the patch andfix the 3rd helian scale from the chronicler (floating Island)and I have killed the shadow dragon... lol
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Thread Information