Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are blighted items desirable ?

Default Are blighted items desirable ?

I am trying to discern if it would be bad if crafters had access to most/all the techs on blighted equipment. I've read that the developers though it would be bad as those techs make the blighted items desirable. As such I am wondering if anyone out there uses the blighted equipment?

I personally do not use the blighted things, nor do I know anyone who does right off hand.

What about you?
    Craft-happy Saris with a crazy streak.

Default Re: Are blighted items desirable ?

Personally speaking they need to rethink the blighted equip and make them usable to create permanent effects on items. Likedeconstructing 3 blighted items with the same +100 power to add a single tech of +100 power to a normal item, and take up two tech slots in the process.

Besides that, the "wow" factor of loot should come through gems and have rare/special effects.
    (i.e. destroy all boar masks :) or nerf them)
    Give named npcs a rare chance to drop their own unique crystal drop ect.

Some of the effects that are on blighted equipment are indeed nice and do make them desirable.

The previously mentioned +100 power stat is amongst them, increased damage on attacks, reduced spell delay, increased spell damage these are all good techs.

Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

I have a blighted mithril warhammer, which gives +100 str, and converts the damage to mind. I love using it, just a shame it'll run out of charges at some point. I've seen some other bits of blighted equipment that I can't use, but look like they'd be useful, such as a maul I saw with +4 dmg delay adjusted against animals, and the same against elementals.

I guess it's just the luck of the draw, most blighted equipment pieces I've seen have negative effects, with only the occasional piece having a positive effect that would be considered desirable.

I use a blighted...righteous ... sword every once in a while. It's a decent sword, but I mostly use it because the name just makes me laugh. I'm easily amused by irony.

I've also seem some very decent dragon scales that I think I would use if my dragon were that high a level.
    Foxfire Godspell, Ice Queen of Istaria, Dark Defenders
    Manta Guild Community @ Collinswood
    Knoc/Conj, Mastercraftswoman -and-
    Ravagice, Horde Fueled WunderWyrm

...I found a nasty blighted b*stard sword, with only positive modifiers - too bad I'm a dragon...

Lothlorin

hehe, ive found alot of "crap" but this 2HS sword turned up with 10% chance of Etheral Paroxysm V :)

There are 2 big things turning me off blighted equipment in general, and an added negative (imo) for scales/armor/jewelry.

To me only blighted weapons have really worthwhile effects. The stats of a single blighted piece of these equipment types are generally unimpressive. They are only really impressive if you manage to assemble an entire blighted suit. And the maintenance is substantially less feasible as oppossed to a weapon which is only 1 piece. I'd sooner like to see only 1 or 2jewelry pieces or armor pieces or scales in blighted form, but have them have more substantial and more unique effects ala weapons.

Now regarding equipment in general, albeit specifically regarding weapons (which i've been actively gathering forms and cores to make), the 2 things which bother me are the fact that my awesome piece of equpiment (truely awesome pieces are hard to come by) will eventually be unuseable. I'd love for the items to be permanently rechargable even if they only have say 100 max charges at the end of their lifespan.

Secondly, I currently have 4 non-blighted weapons I swap through as I fight. 2 Fine Mauls (1 with parry, Dark Garnet Weapon Crystal, Icey Flawless and 1 with Smash, DGWC, Misty Topaz) and 2 Fine Warhammers (1 with Parry, DGWC, and Pulsing Flawless and 1 with Parry, DGWC and the appropriate Satyr Talisman). I'm constantly swapping between them to best suit the situation. I would love to work a blighted fine Warhammer and or blighted fine Maul into my rotation, but the -5 charges when you equip a weapon means that my fighting style would lead to an extremly inefficient use of charges. As it is with the equipping cost and the temporary nature of blighted weapons I feel that the use of my prized Blighted Weapons will be limited to grouping situations where my weapon swapping is less important.

Now all that aside, we also need Blighted Dragon Claws, Blighted Handwraps, and Blighted Shields. Also I would like to see either blighted weapons randomly tricked, or have tricking options available at creation.

Also a couple of ideas for more item variety. One add sockets to the tech pool that the items can draw from. Two, we already have varied racial restrictions, and I've seen some varied level/skill restrictions. It'd be interesting to see some varied school restrictions. I.e. a Sorceror's Fine Battle Axe that can be used by say... a Level 95 Sorceror with 950 mind skill instead of 2hs.
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

I want a blighed weapon for my Sorcerer!

one with spell recylce buff or + to power. I have been actively asking for them in MP at times but none has been found (that I have seen) that is truly usefull for me :)

Pillaging the land and spreading Pandemonium Amongst Chaos
    Stranyr Al-Qroni
    Knight of Creation/Sorcerer
    GuildMaster of Pirates of Pandemonium

I have a scale with +150 health, +100 ethreal armor and +50 t&c. Saving it for when it will be really needed.
    I think there should be a higher chance of positive stats, right now they're way too low.

I currently use a blighted fine yew staff with 11% chance for debase V and -3% delay on spells, oh and -25 blight ward. The delay modifier alone is reason enough for me to use it.Wish i could find one with -10% delay and a + to power and maybe Ethereal Parox V but thats just dreaming.
    Brazius of the Five awaiting the Feast

The most interesting and useful blighted techs seem to only be found on weapons. Since there are no blighted dragonclaws, dragons cannot use those techs. In my opinion, the blighted loot offers very little incentive for a dragon to hunt. I've given up on it myself.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

2 blighted staves, level 80 and 90; passed on to a guildmate. One Earring, and one necklace, all four items good. I don't remember the stats offhand, but both have good blight resistance. One is down to about half charge, the necklace swaps off with a CS necklace. I'd guess about 1 in 6 has been usable, perhaps less.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

My thoughts on blighted loot are posted in the discussions forum under 'Another look into Loot and Horizons'.
    Vesuvius Veix
    100/100 Dragon of Order with 26+ Million Hoard
    Officer of the Keir Chet k'Eilerten
    "Why am I cynical you ask? Because I have been given little to make me feel otherwise."

AZVladimir

My main complaint about blighted loot is the 'random number generator' formula. For example, I have seen versions of this several times:

Blighted Ironsilk <armor>
    +100 Str
    -100 Power
    + 50 2HS

Warriors who want Str and 2HS buffs are not going to be wearing Cloth Armor. In the same respect, why would a Mage wear armor that boosted useless attributes and penalized their primary attribute? In game sense I guess we have to view this as the work of Orcish-like Armorers, they have the skill to create +100 items but don't have the brains to create something functional?

Personally I think we need some filters added to make more sense in the configurations and balance that by making it drop less often. My 2 cents.

As stated my several (including me) many times, blighted stuff is wrong since the idea of it - which is about us fierce enemy of WA wearing their rotten and cursed stuff.

Greenish, rusty. Is it the concept of paladin standing against the darkeness you ever conceived?

Anyone remembers Sarumann consorting with Sauron, betraying his mandate?

It's the feeling I get.

And the way they wear down... not in battle, not with age. With equipping / unequipping! This alone kills a lot of atmoshpere plus you cannot rotate "the right tool for the job", since they'll decay fast.

Plus, add the frustration of knowing in advance that the nice +100 / +60 / +40 rare item you got is going to anyway die after some use and you achieve the perfect example of stuff that just makes people angry.
    They EVEN see and can touch that nice stuff IS indeed possible BUT cannot "want" it since it'll die anyway and rot.

Like Vesuvius, I posted in his thread about other, mindful, suggestions about equipment. Ideas that any player that ever turned on a video game sees as obvious and natural.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Agrees with Vahrokh 100%

this blighted incarnation of loot will never be the sucessful stuff that will bring any new subscriptions for this game [:(]
    100 Warrior |100 Guardian |100 Healer
    Unity [former Ice]

wich one would you pick ?

The idea needs some tweaking. The process etc.

I agree with PJ in the all the best items to be found so far, out of all the junk ( cores), are some weapons. Ocassionally find a good piece of jewelry or armor. Scales are almost always junk. +150 ethereal armor looks neat, but only would have a useful effect if I had all 10 scales like that.

I think slowly, thru quests or drops, the higher end techs that blight equipment gets should drop. like +50 Ethereal armor. Leave the high ones for the random dropping process. (Remeber the idea was to make useable loot drops) Right now there's Spirit Webbing out there, +10 Ethereal armor. not very useful. only goes on capes.

Or make it so that regualr techs, like Armor V have a chance at having a higher value landed when item is crafted. +20 to +60 range.

Just some ideas.

Guaran

Not at all

Food is food, just give us something to chew on that removes DP's

Some items are ok.... ive yet to find that one uber piece.. I think that the durabilty should be adjusted.. Right now it is too short.. and like everyone else said, they dont want to use it because it will go away...

Another thing is that we should see new pieces continually... I dont think any new blighted items have been released.
    Frons Von Frik - Order

Thread Information