Thread: Essence Channelers and other stations

Ziggy

Default Essence Channelers and other stations

We definately need Essence Channelers near Pale Wisps. The only ones i've found are west of Chiconis and nonflying dragons have to go all the way around the ridge to get back to town, put the essence in a vault, port to a new town with a channeler, and make the orbs. This can get especially costly and time consuming if you're doing construction. 20 minutes for a batch of orbs that would have taken 5 in the old world is not a good thing.

I realise that the extreme distance of resources from stations was so that miners and gatherers can charge us exhorbitant amounts for their work, but the devs failed to realise that the majority of us would rather do it ourselves. By forcing the grind you take the fun out of it. Don't cover up the lack of content by stringing along time sinks.

zyanya

Default Re: Essence Channelers and other stations

I've never even met a miner. I used gathering to get enough skill to spec but I have onlymet about 3 other gatherers in my Istarian lifetime (which is by no means insignificant in terms oftime spent playing). This translates into next to no resources available on consigners so it was a pointless change anyway.

The crafting changes were a HUGE disappointment for me. And construction crafting is my favorite aspect of the game; there goes that...

Ziggy

And another thing that chaps my hide is the extreme lack of wisps in the area! It took me 15 min to find even 1 and 2 other people were fighting over another. My guildies have started harvesting dims and transmuting them just to get a decent supply of PALES! I haven't tried looking for Glowing or Bright but i heard they're pretty rare as well.

SSlikk Shocker

There arent any channelers near glowing wisps anywhere either.

There is one by brights between Dali and Tazoon where pales used to be but there seem to be 4 wisps max spread through the whole maple field. so channelers near the feladan spawn (i guess the one in town is close enough) or the glowys would be nice

They need to increase both the number of each type of wisp in general and make their respawn time faster. One person working tainted essence (a necessary component in some potions and techs) will quickly deplete the supply of wisps, making it impossible for anyone else to harvest essence of that type as well.
    Imayo, Preceptor of Obsidian Order on Order
    Shadowalker
    http://kalex.org

DirtRider

I Agree...

Thystle

Four (4) people trying to gather essence from three pale wisps was totally ridiculous. Some of us do not particularly like tradeskills anyway but do them to survive and have port fees. In the old world they were bad enough but now they are nothing but a horrible timesink. Travel times and distances for processing almost any of the resources makes me think the devs are having a great laugh at our expense and makes me wonder on a daily basis whether I will continue to stick it out or not. If they truly want this world to continue and thrive stop drowning us in mundane timesinks and let us actually accomplish something. Put the machines near the resources, double the wisps and let us ENJOY things again. The GAME is supposed to be fun...FUN; not stress, frustration, anger and futility.

Thread Information