Thread: Horizons Installation problem

Vardenfell

Default Horizons Installation problem

After my bad experience whit EQ2, i continued my search for a good mmorpg. So i downloaded Horizons from this site, to try the trial period. Now the game is downloaded, but when i click on the icon from horizons, to start the installation. Nothing happens. Maybe nothing is not the right word. Because when i pres ctrl+alt+del, I notice that in the processes tab, the Horizons10.exe file keeps reopening itself over and over again. It stresses my cpu for 100% and i can't do anything but restart the PC. Here is some extra info if needed.
    sys spec:
    Athlon xp2500+
    1GB DDR ram
    120GB HD
    R9800pro 128mb
    operating sys is windows xp pro, whit SP2 installed.
    I really hope somebody can help me, because i heard the game is great for crafting, somthing i really love :)
    srry if my english isn't so well!

Greetz,
    Vardenfell

Default Re: Horizons Installation problem

Well, i got similiar problem ,but on my cr*ppy PC after few minutes, it succesfuly started instalation process..

If it will not help, try redownloading file without download accelerator.
    Or last thing, i heard that copy of HZ with month free inside is cheap now so that is another way how to play.

Enjoy the Istaria ! Its really nice here.[Y][ip]

Vardenfell

I'm downloading it again, but now from the gamershell website.
    I hope it works this time. I keep you informed :)

One thing to be sure about is that you have AntiVirus turned off during download AND installation. Otherwise, it can create some problems.

- Amon
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Vardenfell

Ok problem is solved. How? Well i downloaded the game from the gamershell website. And it works fine (but the game has some bugs so i see :)). But beside that it is great, my first impression is much better then when i played EQ2. You see grapics aren't all of that :)
    What i noticed was the kindness of the other players. I was only playing for maybe 20 minutes before the first people spontaniously sterted helping me out. If i keep this good feeling about this game, i prolly gonna buy it after this trial period.
    One little question, Do i really have to buy the game in a store or can i just play whit this download and pay subsciption fee. Because i live in belgium and cand imagine where to buy this game in this little country.

gopher65

You can just keep playing. If you keep playing after your trail ends you will be autobilled on the credit card you gave them for 1 month (12.95 US. don't know the euro amount. Possibly 12.95 euros?)

JP

I have been also experiencing problems with the free tial installation from istaria web site.
    I downloaded couple times the installer and everytime I tried to install it it did start and even went all the way to almost 85% percent of it and than at some file it just stops and gives me an ERROR message. I downloaded it witha firewall off, everything enabled...
    any help out here?

JP try from one of the other websites, there are a few out there you can DL from (Gamershell, Gamespy, etc.) if you still have the problem you can try to track down someone with a CD to install from.

Pillaging the land and spreading Pandemonium Amongst Chaos
    Stranyr Al-Qroni
    Knight of Creation/Sorcerer
    GuildMaster of Pirates of Pandemonium

Thread Information