Thread: 0.6mb patch the other day...

Fren

Default 0.6mb patch the other day...

Dunno if anyone else has noticed, but I have one heck of a memory leak after that patch, its been fine up until then.

Just to clarify system specs:

Custom build:
    Athlon XP 3200+ (Barton core)
    1gb DDR dual channel 400mhz ram
    160GB dual raid 0 sata hard disks
    Nvidia GeforceFX 5700 256mb DDR vid card
    Nvidia Nforce chipset with surround sound.
    512k ADSL using approx 10% bandwidth

Symptoms:

After 20 minutes playing, screen stutters and game slows to the point where the whole system will freeze until I end task on horizons.exe (registering at 720mb ram usage). Only happened since the small patch on Unity, either last night or wednesday.

Fiancee's computer does the same thing, similar specification without the sata hard disks.

Default Re: 0.6mb patch the other day...

The 0.6mb file was a simply the master_file_list that the game maintains. Some additional dragon assets were patched, nothing more.

nothing that would have begun causing memory leaks. I recommend checking drivers, clear your world_cache.
    - Amon
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

I think hz is mainly running thro RAM, i resently upgraded from 768MB of RAm (almost impossible to move in most towns) to 1.25GB of RAM i still lag after a while but its when theres a lot of activity in the area i.e WM invasion events and massive lots of people in one area

Fren

Quote Originally Posted by Amon Gwareth
    The 0.6mb file was a simply the master_file_list that the game maintains. Some additional dragon assets were patched, nothing more.

nothing that would have begun causing memory leaks. I recommend checking drivers, clear your world_cache.
    - Amon
    Thanks Amon, that's made things a lot faster. Also there is a modified beta driver for Nvidia cards on guru3d.com. Using that i'm getting 45fps in tazoon, not bad at all.

Thread Information