Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ancient rop

Default Re: ancient rop

Calm down a bit.

Level 90 Adventurer is to start the adult RoP to Ancient. Like with all dragon quests, will need to be higher - thus the 100.

Crafting will need to be at least 90.TulgAE had better stick to lore and precedence - thus Adult dragons will need to craft an Ancient statue (from tier VI stone likely or exotic stone), likely some exotic mirror, and a phylactery to capture energies of some very difficult creatures. Thus high level crafting, 90 or so, for transmutation and scalecrafting (teched scales, dragon buffs, and :: groans :: biped buffs).

Would be nice to know the final requirements to start the series of quests. Would be nice to know the new Ancient abilities and bonuses to statistics and skills (besides Resurrection ability or spell or something). Sadly, that will be later. Sometime. Whenever. You know, discussion and all. Players started it. DB making a post stating "requirements" for discussion (apparently ignorant of earlier posts made by players),then beingsilent.

:: looks at his signature and shrugs ::the silence has been deafening for too long.

Edit: As for Manga's quote about grinding crafting levels. Well that is similar for Adventure levels - there are no or few dragon skill tasks beyond 70 so dragons are grinding through monsters for trophies or part of a biped party on Elnath enjoying some aspect of powerleveling to 100. Elnath is the pre-merge Cursed wolves for some or most players, wonder why he ignores that.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Also remember this "Well this is the latest from Manga" is over a month old. After that post and all the feed back we gave on the new requirements we have not heard one word. So last we heard is just the 90 Adventure and Time since creation. No feed back on if they listened at least to us that assumed that Helians would need more crafting then adventure or anything or if they changed the requirements at all due to our feed back.

Yeah Deth, the only reason I copied that into this thread was cause it was buried in so many pages and posts in that other thread.
    I really don't want the requirements to be known, that way those of us who are constantly working on our dragons will be ready. While the sleepers and the PLs will have to scramble to catchup.
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

"While the sleepers and the PLs will have to scramble to catchup"

heh.. the only reason i cant play as my dragon for an on going month has been a game issue for me.. i cant even stay in game for more then 10 minutes at the moment.. bleh.

(******** lock-ups)

Quote Originally Posted by Larus-Fel
    "While the sleepers and the PLs will have to scramble to catchup"

heh.. the only reason i cant play as my dragon for an on going month has been a game issue for me.. i cant even stay in game for more then 10 minutes at the moment.. bleh.

(******** lock-ups)
    I feel your pain. My internet connection has become unstable due to a router upstream of me. It drives me crazy sometimes!
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoniade
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Death-Knell wrote: Well this is the latest from Manga

After reading the responses I decided that the 100 Crafter is a bit too much and have decided on removing that requirement as the AROP is much more Adventure Based and Dragon Crafting in the higher levels is more "grinding mass quanities of items" instead of a rewarding profession.

100 Levels of Adventure is my current choice for the level requirement.
    Manga

If a dragon is not able to reach level 70-75 in craft, it doesn't deserve to be ancient.
    Dragon aren't supposed to be hatchling powerlevel to 100 adventurer.
    A dragon that reach level 70 in craft could really be called ancient. All the others will only be powerleveled hatchling who only played a toon that could fly.

Dragon is composed of TWO class only: Adventurer and Crafter. By only leveling adventuring, you're only leveling HALF your dragon, and shouldn't bare the title of ancient.

And a level 100 adventuring IS the current choice? Are you telling me that the dragon that leveled 100 level of crafting are worth nothing to the game? That crafting is just a nice add-on with no value? Come on. TIme you revise dragon crafter a little, and stop giving everything to the adventuring.
    Crafting is painful, and I should not have to be limited in my chosen class because someone else thinks it is fun. Bi-peds are not restricted to such things, I should not be either just because I happen to like playing a Dragon.

100 in Adventure, sure, that makes sense to me. Hoarding is unnecessarily painful if you don't craft, and crafting is horrendous for me. 6 months since creation is the only part that I see as weak, but hey, they need to attract more subscribers and if that does it then great.

After all, how much are you going to enjoy your Ancient if there aren't enough subscribers to keep the game alive?

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

Mydnyght

When and if they do the Ancient RoP, the end result I don't think dragons will be as big as Amon, that would be too much space being taken up, just imagine fighting hehe ^_^

Last I checked there were a couple of NPC Ancient Dragons in game, right? Been gone a while, though, so I could be wrong. I had planned to see if any of the incomplete Dragon quests have been added since I have been gone, so I will check the Ancients out to see if they are still there.

Or was Amon even bigger?

And hey, while we are on the topic, I hear there are a few new hatchling models available. Any chance we will be able to change to a different one once we finish ARoP? There was a graphic bug when I made mine the first day Horizons was up, and so my coloring came out quite a bit lighter than I wanted it. Would love to change that, and have a look at the new models too, without having to start all over[;)]

- Albert Einstein

Amon was massive :)

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoniade
    If a dragon is not able to reach level 70-75 in craft, it doesn't deserve to be ancient.
    Dragon aren't supposed to be hatchling powerlevel to 100 adventurer.
    A dragon that reach level 70 in craft could really be called ancient. All the others will only be powerleveled hatchling who only played a toon that could fly.
    Thats a really generalized statement, with you basically accusing any dragon who has level 100 adventurer, but not at least level 70 crafter, as a powerleveled toon.

Probably not what you were trying to get across you might want to clarify it. I hit level 100 adventurer with only 43 crafter levels. I hated crafting. That was 5.5 months of game time for me. Then the 100 adv levels ( and more scaleslots, 8 fillable at the time with t4 scales with 2 t3 techs) helped me power level crafting to 100 in about 2 months.

Theres no reason any craft level has to be a requirement for "STARTING" Ancient Rite of Passage quest. I don't even care that there's no hoard requirement. I don't need any dragon telling me that I have to have X hoard. I hate hoard. always have. It used to drain without any reason. Having a "Bigger Hoard", that you worked tirelessly to attain, doesn't mean that only you are deserving to start Arop. Everyone screaming for a hoard req always posts a number just below the amount they already have.

Just because someone can "START" Arop, doesn't mean they can finish.

Stop crying, you are not the "God" of the dragons, keeper of the lore, or final decision maker for Arop just because you think you worked harder than someone else "might" have. Frankly it is insulting behaviour not befitting an "Ancient" dragon. [General statement directed at every Dragon who thinks they know what the starting requirements should be]

The armor bonus would literally need to be 10x more than the first rop for it to be meaningfull +450ac.

Breath weapons similar i would say 2x the dmg roughly450dmg per npc if you actually have 100 hoard

Hp should be +1kish

Flight speed was unexpected, but logically it made sense to me long before it was anounced, and will be welcomed. The same goes for capasity.

I just hope this opens up something to our base dmg as well. For instance, we hit so low, and we are so large tulga could make our melle attacks ae around our main target for 75% dmg or so at 3 range, that way they would almost need to be ontop of eachother for it to happen.

I do not see why crafting should be a requirement to finish ARoP either. I hate to craft, that is why I am Lunus. You want to have crafting as a requierment to finish ARoP, more power to you, I hope you are Helian. Of course, that would screw those folks that went Helian for role playing reasons like I almost did. But I hated crafting more than I love role play, so I went Lunus.

I have been in Horizons since day one, and have only played a Dragon. I feel that as long as I meet the Adventure requirements that I have every bit a right to finish my ARoP as you high level Crafters and hoarders. Hell, if folks really want to get into the 'mine is bigger than yours' conversation, I have been in Horizons since May of two years ago (beta tester). Should we make that part of the ARoP requirements too? I mean, the term 'ancient' is a mesure of time, after all. I think there are precious few beta testers still around, though.

I hate to craft, but I love to hunt with my Dragon. Crafting should not prevent me from finishing ARoP.

*** Edit: After reading this it looked like someone might think it a response to Guaran, but it wasn't, I know him and tend to agree with a lot of his views of Dragons. It is more of a general reply. I am not fond of elitist thinking, and have seen it ruin games before. ARoP should be meaningful, but the quest itself should handle that, not tedious requirements to start or finish it. It can be done in such a way as to be fun, and still tip the hat to those of us who have paid our dues. In other words, reward those of us who have been through the thick and thin of it, while making the actual powerlevelers wait a bit. After all, what would stop someone from powerleveling their crafting as well? A crafting requirement just penalizes those of us who hate crafting.

- Albert Einstein

gotta agree, i dont like the idea of them pushing a high crafting lvl requirement either, i hate crafting with a passion, but when i hit 100 adv, i went ahead and grinded to 100 crafter as well. it literally killed my interest in the game and i quit shortly thereafter.

when the arop goes live i might reup my account and hope i can find some folks to do it with. im sure if i catch it at the right time there will be some other dragons who would welcome a old timer :) and some help.

as for hoard, i have mixed issues. hoarding = another way to kill my interest. it is boring, tedious, and just plain sickening. im not sure what my hoard was when i left, probly around 2.5-3 million. and there is no way in hell i would put myself through hoarding more just to become an ancient.

the reason the reqs are lower than most dragons wanted is because they need the consumers.

i stopped playing eq because of all the elitists bs and i believe it will push hz even further into the grave
    This page intentionally left blank.

there are arguments on both end. I lean to say dragons should be required to have both craft and adv. Hell they are the only schools we have, and craft doesn't take as long as people like to say. I lvled in crafting quicker than adv.

But our views don't mean a damb thing. They chose to have one single class of lvl 90 to start the arop. No ifs ands or buts that's what it is for now.

However i don't see any reason why 5 mil hoard should not be in as a requirement. I made 7 mil in roughly 7 months. I made it because i spent the time working on it. With the introduction of claws it is no longer hard to hoard whatsoever since hoarding claws is roughly the same as hoarding with a jewler.
    Note: i made 3 mil before they even dropped hoard decay. Hoard is not hard if you try.

But once again i have no say, it's pointless, because tulga made the reqs and they are what they are. Doesn't mean the quest will be easy, just means anyone with a little motivation can start the thing.

I just hope the amount of forced solo battles outweigh the group parts because the hardest fight a dragon has to fight is without the help of other races. Not to mention the needed skill and planning it takes to fight these newly introduced named type of npcs.

The requirements are fine as it is now and I can't wait for it to come out. After that they can fix other classes and give us our lairs already. Lets just hope they fix any bugs before it goes life. I do think for lunus the crafting should be less but crafting is easy to raise but boring. Sup Dark long time no see.

Are the Ancient features mentioned in March 2003 going to be around?

http://pc.ign.com/articles/391/391273p1.html

The final stage of dragon evolution is the ancient dragon. Ancient's are considerably more powerful than adult dragons across the board. More interestingly, they also gain the ability to use small gems or powerstones to shift their basic fire breath to a new damage type. Ancient dragons will therefore be able to use things like frost or acid breath against their enemies.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Frost is already in, its called Hellian [:P]
    I would love to other breath weapon attacks such as acid would be blast radius repeating damage attack. Also would like to see maybe a fireball weapon, sort of like flame bomb but not arc attack path but directline like prime bolt etc.
    Kaze Ancient Lunus Dragon 100/100 ~7 million hoard (Lv75)

that whole idea of eating gems to change our breath weapons was basically scrapped

The Different factions have diff breath weapons that are on the same timer.

Well ARoP may not be live yet on Chaos, but there are some changes noticed:

New chamber near council of elders. You have to fly up from council of elders' chambers'back door to get to it. You can also see into it from the outside.

The Hermit is now level 120. I'm guessing he plays a part in ARoP. Fine with me the cranky old fart makes me laugh.

Karane the historian now talks about the council of elders. Might be starting point for ARoP, or just notification of the new npc's in dralk.

If you can manage to get into the councilof elders, the gatekeeper talks about vladtmordt. something like "What news have you heard form vladtmordt?" So appears he plays a part in ARoP also.

Thread Information