Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: beginner confectioner shop

Soulsmaster

Default beginner confectioner shop

I just noticed tonight while was doing some yew leather tanning. the distillery in the beginnerconfectioner shop seems not to add any bonus to tanning skill.
    It should add +25 if i am correct.. or is that wanted because tanning is not a confectioner skill?

Well in that case is not very nice since distilleries are only in confectioner shops.

Default Re: beginner confectioner shop

It REALLY should have been given a Pottery Wheel & Kiln since it and the Cooking Table & Oven are a Confectioners lifes blood. I just don't understand how a single food type item (vinegar) machine got preference over an every food type machine.

Please switch it out. I'd rather do without a Distillery in any shop than do without a Pottery Wheel & Kiln.

Default Re: beginner confectioner shop

I agree Merri, but I dont think its gonna happen because they are adding a sub-building to further place the screws to the CNF class instead of doing the right thing and switching it out.

25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Default Amon - answer please?

Well maybe Amon or another dev can give us an answer then?

Default Re: Amon - answer please?

Currently the plan is to create a patio/porch on which to place a Kiln andcookingtablerather than modifying the existing structure.

- Amon
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Why can't the existing structure be modified? I don't see how it could be any more difficult than creating a new structure from scratch. Very few people have a Confectioner Shop for the Distillery.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Default Amon, please reevaluate

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcellus
    Why can't the existing structure be modified? I don't see how it could be any more difficult than creating a new structure from scratch. Very few people have a Confectioner Shop for the Distillery.
    I full heartedly agree and no offense to you Amon, or any other Dev, I think that approach is just silly.

If you guys want to make a new structure then make a Brewery for the Distillery. You made a Mill to house the Millstone afterall. That would make much more sense than making an entirely NEW Confectioner structure when the only thing wrong with the current structure is that you gave preference to the wrong machine.

Default Re: Amon, please reevaluate

I had noticed this as well - and agree with both Pharcellus and Snow - lets not take the long road on this oversight/bugged implentation.
    Putter'er of Crafts and Near Miss-Adventurer on Chaos
    Guild Leader - Council of War
    C.O.W. : "Milking the WA Daily....fear the cow"

I'll bug Manga about this tomorrow. See what I can come up with.

- Amon
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thanks again hun. I do appreciate you taking the time to evaluate these posts and the concerns therein. :)

Soulsmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcellus

Ibuilt 2 only couse they have the distillery, it cannot be found anywhere else, so i am force to build a confectioner if i want to have a distillery!!

I really don't want they to be removed or i 'll have to redo those!!!

And didn't get any answer to my question also, why i don't get any skill enhancements on that... result to me that tinkerer shop anvil give a bonus to weaponcraft and armorcraft, so i don't see why confectioner distillery can't help tanning...

hope to get some attention this time...

Soulsmaster

ok i was asking around also... seems lotta people gotta get angry if u remove the distilleries from confectioner...

I suggest for the 2 or 3 confectioners in istaria, to add that machine they need.. but just don't remove the distillery, plz. would not be best move also i think.

Eleran Tialeen

indeed...
    removing the destiller from conf shops would make like 70% of all conf shops arround completly senseless ..
    YEAH GO ON REMOMOVE EM AND SCREW US ALL!

dunno who came up with the idea of that ... but the buildingsystem as it is is working, so why with force makin it worse???

sry thats just useless

an add for conf shops or a single building for potery wheel is a solution.
    but ppl would get mad if u remove the machine that they have been building the conf shop for ..

no offense here .. just logic

Ele

So you guys, as non-comfectioners would rather keep a machine in a building you have no use for and that gives you no bonus to the skill you are using (tanning) instead of having the distillery placed in its own structure, like the millstone, with most likely a smaller footprint and you would have the bonus you need when using it?

Makes a LOT of sense to me, yup.

Didn't you think it was BS to begin with having to build a shop you have absolutely no use for except having a convenient distillery (that again gives no bonus to the skill you need it for). Conf shops *should* be useless to anyone not a Conf. That's kinda the point of it being a Confectioner Shop. You wouldn't be an Alchemist building a Tinker shop expecting it to be of some use to you.

Problem is that the machine doesn't care what the building around it is called. An armorer can use the anvil in a tinker shop if they want. Tinkers need cloth shops to make social clothes. Confectioners and outfitters need the distillary. That's the way the world works.

Until and unless the distillary is available in an outfitter's shop, it should provide the bonus to tanning as well.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Oh, please.

Let's think about this for a second.

What I would be asking for is the TEMPLATE be changed so that ALL NEW Confectioner shops that are built have the correct machines. Existing ones stay as they are. Also, add a distillery to a new structure. If you are a Confectioner, you should be given the option to upgrade. However, since that capability does not yet exist, you would have to demolish your old shop and build a new one from the new template.

If all instances of shops are by reference to the template, then rename the existing template to "Legacy Confectioner Shop" or name the new one "New Confectioner Shop", so that old shops are grandfathered and the new ones are proper.

See? Isn't that simple? Makes everyone happy.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

why not just add the 3rd anchor points to both the CNF shop and Leather shop and add the necessary machines (kiln for CNF, distillery for LW) that should have been in them in the first place?

25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Soulsmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor
    why not just add the 3rd anchor points to both the CNF shop and Leather shop and add the necessary machines (kiln for CNF, distillery for LW) that should have been in them in the first place?
    confectioner power it seems. they just don't care about others. I don't see the point in reducing something that is useful to many people, to something that only 2 or 3 people would build, and would probably not being build in so large scale in istaria, u should be grateful many people build that for other interests, and that u canuse the machineson those.
    Since i'm of altruistic vision, i'd like a 3rd machine to be put too, to make happy those few, and maybe solve then the plague of lack of food in this world...
    I would call"the handy distillery" the only distillery. and it's more than handy for one advancing on tanning. and the lack of skill enhancements is most probably a bug.

for the millstone u have to build a mill, if u didn't know that i hope that helps.

again anyway the mean of this post was to make notice of the bug of the confectioner shop distillery, that don't add skill to tanning.

Soulmaster so your suggesting that TG continue to screw over CNFs rather than place the machines in the right buildings?

if you answer in the affirmative thats not altruistic thats just plain and simple selfish.

if you really want logic then the distillery is IN the CNF shop... why should they put +Tanning on a machine in a CNF shop... [Y][Y][Y]

Soulsmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor
    Soulmaster so your suggesting that TG continue to screw over CNFs rather than place the machines in the right buildings?

if you answer in the affirmative thats not altruistic thats just plain and simple selfish.

if you really want logic then the distillery is IN the CNF shop... why should they put +Tanning on a machine in a CNF shop... [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-21.gif[/img][img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-21.gif[/img][img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-21.gif[/img]

the distillery is not on the wrong place, it's is just to make some kinds of foodsome don't like to make, I really don't care if they pop it away, and put it to leatherworking instead myself couse i built them too, but i kinda see that is not going to happen, so if they only remove from confectioner, not only all the people that build a confectioner would get a bit upset, but we'll have no distillery. to turn the words on my side.. u know since the beginning that would not have those machines...

how many times i have to repeat myself anyway, the machines work for all people. the place where these 2 machines goes it is colled confectioner shop by means of roleplay. many class have to build a shop "called" with other class name, it's no wonder. your example if the alchemist shop has a machine for trasmutation, then a tinkerer would be very happy to have one.. more an enchanter since it has more skill than alchemist on that. Also for example a leatherworking, it is named leatherworking and not "tailor and friends shop" couse it can be used by all classes like tinkerer, outfitter, tailor, weaver... so a shop is just a place for machines to be used!

In the same way a tinkerer that is also an armoreror a weaponcrafter, can build a tinkerer shop and use all their skill in that since the anvil can be used and got skill enhancements for weaponcrafting and armorer.

I'm not proposing to remove the bonus the confectioner gets from the distillery.. just to put it to any skill that uses that machine, like it's on any other machine.
    If u want to remove that by all means i just don't care at this point, i had to build more confectioner myself, i'll just scrap them and scrap also the ones built.

Not gonna lose more time on this also seems some people have to put their problems in other's thread, bah i didn't make this to discuss of confectioner's life....

Thread Information