Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: beginner confectioner shop

Default Re: Amon - answer please?

Soulmaster you might not be aware of TG's intent to put distilleries in the leather shops and to leave them in the CNF shops also
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Soulsmaster

that is good for me, other don't like it.

Soulsmasher, had you actually read everything I posted instead of what you wanted to read you would have also seen that I did NOT say to leave the distillery high and dry with nowhere to go. I said to create a Brewery for the Distillery to go into as it makes much more sense than making a second Confectioner shop to basically correct a bad machine choice in the first. Had they outfitted the Confectioner Shop correctly to begin with you still wouldn't even have a Distillery. At least I am asking for the correct machine to replace the incorrect and less used (for CONFECTIONERS) one and have the less used machine placed in its own housing.

My personal preference all around is that they just break with the "two machines per structure" model and just give the Leatherworking and Confectioner Shops three machines. But if they insist on keeping with the "two per" model then I would rather see a Confectioner Shop that caters to the trade of Confectioner as it should and not halfarsed as it is now.

And no, I don't think it is a bug that Tanning was not included in the bonus from a Confectioner shop seeing it is not a Confectioner skill. An oversight on the Devs part more likely because I am sure when they were designing the Confectioner Shop they were only concidering Confectioner skills in relation to bonuses (which *gasp* makes sense) and not all the skills capable of applying the machines.

I'm not asking to screw anyone around. It isn't all about "Confectioners and screw everyone else." My highest craft is Alchemy followed by five others that STILL aren't Confectioner. But Confectioners haven't had a very big voice since I've been away. I felt it was time they had a bit more help from another more vocal member of the community.

All I'm asking for is things to make sense all around as it should have done from the get go. Had it, this problem wouldn't be here to need reevaluating and fixing and there would be Tanning and Brewing bonuses from the structure housing the Distillery because it would be in its rightful place.

^^^^^^^^ exactly what Merri said... and thats my story and I'm sticking to it.... :)
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Soulsmaster

ok then before u two fall in love [;)]

I don't haveanything against confectioners, and i read all of what u wrote!

i will say just i didn't like that proposal to "redwall" the confectioner to just one class. I like to build things that are useful to more people and so i think is the community feeling. That's why i kept replying mostly.

If it is so real big problem to havea machine used by othersin your shop, i will gladly then build some brewerys. no problem for me i'm fast builder. I was thinking was good for confectioners also to have 3 machines instead of 2. But i think then i was wrong, found other post like this one around in the forum, seems confectioners really don't like the distillery itself [8o|]

an OT note:
    Imust say if u think confectioner is treated like a marginal job, u should try those nice quest that are confectioner locked, that some npc around are giving.. dunnow if u have tried those yet. I would have liked the fisher ones to be unlocked for gatherer, but seems they make up to be confectioner domain. I'm curious also to know what they give in the end [:)]

Ok peace. glad this thing has been resolved. I hope to see some confectioners around someday too and some food in tavern also could be great [:)]

Soulmaster, so this 'community feeling' you are espousing means that they cant have what they truly need even if they want to chose to build it themselves? Ifor one have never asked anyone to build anything for me, in fact I take immense pride in building my own buildings. I'm certain given a choice ofonlyhaving 2 machines in their CNF shops that they'd happily trade the distillery for the Kiln since theKiln isneeded for nearly EVERY food made with the exception ofa mere 2-3 if that many, whereas theDistillery is only used for one food line that doesn't even have Jman formsin game YET STILL.

the 'locked' quest you refer to is some of the last 'attention' that the CNF class has gotten since beta (read 15 months ago) its for Ambrosia (you know the stuff that you use to wipe out deathpoints). The fisher quests you refer to give Fishing 1-4 (you know the tech that increases fishing skill so the CNFs can make some of the beginner and Jman foods in the game (since there are no expert forms that use fish yet, although every other class except ALC has all their expert forms already in game. and FYI anyone can do the fishing quests, not just CNFs as you are mistakenly implying.

Yes, CNFs are about as mistreated as pure monks or disciples, they get the rare scrap of TG development time since there are now so few and that the more vocals gorge themselves at the trough of "GimmeDisGimmeDat"

If your so convinced that CNFs aren't mistreated try leveling one and let us know how your progressing and what your doing to level... :)

Soulsmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor
    the 'locked' quest you refer to is some of the last 'attention' that the CNF class has gotten since beta (read 15 months ago) its for Ambrosia (you know the stuff that you use to wipe out deathpoints). The fisher quests you refer to give Fishing 1-4 (you know the tech that increases fishing skill so the CNFs can make some of the beginner and Jman foods in the game (since there are no expert forms that use fish yet, although every other class except ALC has all their expert forms already in game. and FYI anyone can do the fishing quests, not just CNFs as you are mistakenly implying.

sorry again for the OT, but this really catch my attention:
    thanks for the info, are u talking about the fisher quest near sslanis? how do i get it unlocked then, beside joining confectioner? it say "disabled" like any other confectioner quest beside the hidden ones

the fisher by sslanis is part of a quest that you start by talking to the fisher outside of Kion.

Soulsmaster

mmmh must be another quest which u are referring to, the guy i'm talking of it's in the middle of the isle near the bronze smelter, and ask to kill water golems, and then catch some fishes.

well thanks for that, i will search the fisher in kion then :)

Melianteas

Default Re: beginner confectioner shop

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsmaster
    I just noticed tonight while was doing some yew leather tanning. the distillery in the beginnerconfectioner shop seems not to add any bonus to tanning skill.
    It should add +25 if i am correct.. or is that wanted because tanning is not a confectioner skill?

Well in that case is not very nice since distilleries are only in confectioner shops.
    Still I wonder why theleatherworking shop has not a distillery when is the main machine to proces sap and bark and those are the main resources (not only the hide strips.) to craft different kinds of leather.

I hope they add the bonus for tanning. I dont have a confectioner shop in my plot but as Outfitter I need the destilery. I guess it would be so much torequest to add destilery in leatherworkingshop, would be a miracle if they did.

The hides usually are heavy so always its used a NPC tannery close to the animals area tomake hide strips to be able to carry more and less weigh.
    So... to me its useless a taning rak in my plot when I carry the hide strips already crafted from the field to my house. The destilery is more usefull than the taning rak.
    So still could be the leatherworking shop with only 2 machines.

Anyway. The bonus is needed in that machine for all the skills involved with it.

Melianteas,

Perhaps you've not been taken the time to read the rest of the thread, specifically at least 2 post that have mentioned TG's intent to add a distillery to the LW shops just like you have asked. Much of this thread has been about that choice and TG's unwillingness to provide the CNFs the appropriate machines so they can effectively use their own shops.

Melianteas

My apologizes,

I read it quickly and english is not my main language so many times I misunterstood some sentences.

Also I made a big mistake I told tanning rak was only to craft hide strips when some items are crafted in that machine.

Thread Information