Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where does it go next?

Default Re: Where does it go next?

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcellus
    I want bugs and other broken crap fixed (that includes implementing policies and procedures to ensure a serious decline in future bugs and broken crap being introduced to live).
    I want incomplete stuff completed (sorry, but that includes balance issues).
    I want new stuff.

...in that order.
    /concur

In the new stuff I would like furniture for my home, classes to be fleshed out, more mob models or even reintroduction of old ones that have been removed, more quests, more to do, being able to drive back the WA. etc
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

Aren't you getting ahead of things ? AROP is not even in. How many months will it be before it is ?

Sure it's nice to have a wish list, but have people made dozens of them over the last year ?

To get back on track ....

Loot, real loot that I can immediately use, loot that does not require crafters to make it useful, loot that is sometimes not blighted.

Food is food, just give us something to chew on that removes DP's

Quote Originally Posted by IndyMan
    Aren't you getting ahead of things ? AROP is not even in. How many months will it be before it is ?

Sure it's nice to have a wish list, but have people made dozens of them over the last year ?

To get back on track ....

Loot, real loot that I can immediately use, loot that does not require crafters to make it useful, loot that is sometimes not blighted.
    Yes. This game desparately needs real loot to provide an incentive to keep playing. Something like Diablo II's or WoW's loot system.

Other than that, the game desparately needs an all new graphics engine. It is very disappointing that WoW even in the middle of one of the busiest cities on the highest population server with over 75 players on-screen and another 200 close by STILL runs twice as fast as Horizons does in the countryside with no other players present.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter
    ....Withered Scale begin attacking Dralk & Chiconis, intent on disrupting RoP/ARoP activities as much as possible....
    Great idea; it both knocks the dust off some of the WA's most interesting mobs, plus it stirs things up a bit. I like it.
    [ip]
    Regards;
    --------->Hasai

"I feel like a fugitive from the Law of Averages."

That would be a nice re-use of game resources. Thanks for that wonderful idea Klaus.
    Putter'er of Crafts and Near Miss-Adventurer on Chaos
    Guild Leader - Council of War
    C.O.W. : "Milking the WA Daily....fear the cow"

Claws

shouldn't be to hard:
    Quests.
    More Quests.
    Ongoing story<->events!!!
    reimplementation of crystals

not holding my breath for:
    defensible buildings <-> collision detection -> tactical battles
    aerial battle for dragons
    PvP in special arenas <- not in general and everywhere - just for fun and events

dreaming of:
    riding my dragon alt into battle (I am a spearman - think of "dragonlance")

Sasantiz

Kudos Aamer .. top notch topic here .. we been thru this over and over lets gaze into the crystal ball and see what the future holds.

first ARoP .. theni think there will be a moment of silence when it comes to adding new content this pause will most likey be used to iron out bugs and other mishaps.

Content .. I think they got the hint already and will be adding more involved quests for most of us .. and its very likely they will start from the bottom up as with the town marshall quests, there might be a few high rating/level quests but the focus will be on lowlevel and up quest gotta do something for the newcomers or they will leave again. Quest that holds more the/greet and porting or kill xx of yy is the topic i think we will se lots more of it.

Engine Polishing/remodelling .. FAster everything better looking less lag more fluff .. maybe we can play with terrian clutter enabled someday i hope (radeon 9600Pro, 2,7Ghz machine). This will be done in stages and is a work in progress already always tweaking and trying to enhance performance .. keep at it .. a smooth looking world = immersion

More costumization .. dying is only the first steps towards uniqeness of charatcers .. lets see personal armor styles maybe even racial armor types i hope we will who knows.

things we wont see .. this is pure speculation and im trying to be as openminded about at possible. This may and may not be what i want to see.

PVP.. there wont be any PVP in horizons .. and then again maybe we will se dueling but thats not to be confused with 'real' PVP. There wont be general PVP.

Balanced schools .. thats not saying that there wont be any tweaking taking place, some school will get more, some less, some nothing at all mostly i think they will stay about the same except the dragons who will get more power but not as much as they like im afraid. and why bother if theres no PVP [;)]

....now i have tried to tell the future it may be biased but i have tried to keep a level head.

Things I would want to see in Horizons.

Better FPS 30-40(15-25 in towns)when running around almost blind with a machine ahving my specs (I know its not space age science super computer i have but still).

Events ..(im on Unity our event is basically guessing if the server isdown or if your chars have vanished on maintenance days). Almost at the end of Wind there was a RP event where we had a race between dragons and bipeds doing certain tasks it was a RP event i enjoyed it alot and wish we could have more events like that to unite the community,, more then the now invisble anchors).

Dynamic WA and mob AI .. lets take something like like a semi intelligent mob a Ruxus spots me on abandoned island and checks me out when i come within agro range .. fight or flee .. most likely flee (im a knoc lvl 100 r 123). I run to mithril golems with my lvl 10 scoutI would avoid contactI know they would eat me raw just looking at their rating so why should they not be able to do the same ?.

CypherXP

[*]Crystals (reworked)added to more drop tables (they do drop but only from draak/storms shadow/hidden confectioner quests - which also need going on more things)[*]Add the epic quests for the other schools (so everyone doesn't go DarkCyclone/ShiningBlades)[*]Quests for class-specific weapons.[*]Alook at performance/tweaks/engine improvements.[/list]

Randomfluff includes:-

An ingame postal system would be nice, as you can use it for orders/rp/all sorts of things to contact people who are not on at the time. This would need a block/allow filter though ;)

The ability to dye/redye items after they have been made (providing you have the dyes+tech) - sick of that colour? *dunk* much better. The only way at the moment is to get the entire item remade... [+o(]

(this is gathering not crafting ;) ) Fishing - more could be done with this.. instead of just selecting a bunch of fish and gathering them, make it so there are no visible fish spawns, you can fish in any water, share good spots with others, occaisionally pull out the odd boot / treasure map/fish that swallowed a crystal..... ;)

Pets / mounts.

About HZ graphics engine; I'm afraid that it simply doesn't cut the mustard. Over a year in development, yes it has improved. In mass battles, however, all that improvement goes right out of the window and the FPS sink as low as ever. I think Tulga should seriously consider giving up its ghost and buying a new one. (In all fairness, Horizons' engine is not the worst MMOG engine I've seen. WISH has that dubious honor... it was really, truly, appalling FPS hog)

It is the inevitable evolution of computer graphics. These days, no computer company builds their own graphics chips but leave it to expert corporations to supply them. These days, no software company seriously considers writing APIs either but implement DirectX or such. The next step is to leave graphics engines to expert groups and concentrate on parts that bring more immediate profit to a MMOG company.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Well since you asked.......[:D]

To me (as with most games) it's all about goals. A player
    says to him/her self, I want to be this. And they work
    hard to get to that goal. Be it adventuring, crafting or both.
    The question then becomes what next? For the ones I see
    that like to post in here, they have reached many of their
    original goals. And perhaps they forgot what is was to be
    just starting out. So there are really are a couple of
    elements to deal with here. One for players that are
    trying to reach their goals and the other for players that
    are Mr. / Mrs. all universe (or think they are). I think these
    people get bored and leave the game because they feel
    they have nothing left to accomplish (no goals to attain).
    You really think the person with an adventure or craft rating
    of 200 is really going to stay much longer? You can only blow
    your ego so long before people get bored with it. So here
    are some of my suggestions.

Perhaps put in some kind of top 200 list that is posted and updated
    weekly during maintenance here on the web page. Top 200 dragons,
    adventurers, crafters, guilds, etc. I'm sure there is some kind of
    criteria this could be based on. Perhaps it would give some of the
    higher leveled people some new goals to attain. A little competition at the
    higher levels if you will. If nothing else, it would reduce the amount
    of BS I see in the MP. :)

I personally like the idea of having mobs show up unannounced where they don't belong.
    Brings an element of surprise to the game. Perhaps take that one step more and have the mobs
    actually do some damage to the structures in the cities they show up in. And the structures would have to be rebuilt.
    Can you picture no connie in Dal or Kion until it was rebuilt as an example.
    Orthe walls of Aug need to be rebuilt to keep the WA from coming back
    and reattacking the city.
    Then give points to the players that help rebuild. (Part of the item above)

Make more quests for all levels but ones that do two things. One, are hard to
    accomplish. And two, offer unique items as a reward based on skill level. In
    other words, give a level 100 crystal to a level 100 quest, a level 10 what
    ever to a level 10 quest, etc. The 'ol reward vs. risk thing. But these items
    can never be transfered or sold to another player. Also these quests should
    be done in a way where no one else can help you accomplish the quest
    except with advise. Never made much since to me that you have to go kill
    some mob that is hard to kill (based on your skill level) as a quest, only
    to have some of your buddies come along and help you kill it so you could
    say you accomplished the quest. An example being DC.

Give more purpose to racial characters. I mean does it really matter that
    muchif someone is a dwarf or elf or whatever after 4 or 5 adventure
    levels? Some, yes. But not a great deal.

And yes, more events. The snowball thang has outgrown it's self by now ya think?

I know some of the items I just listed are far off things but perhaps it's just food
    for thought. :)

Anjin

Dangerous little elf archer.
    Master Crafter - 1900 bi-ped levels

If it's a penny for your thoughts....why is everyone trying to put their two cents in?

Thread Information