Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Devs - a word on priority please

Default Devs - a word on priority please

Since release the following formulae have been missing from the compliment of Confectioner forms:

Journeyman <meat> Steaks
    Journeyman <meat> Stews
    Journeyman Pickled <meat> Nuggets
    Journeyman <meat> Pies

Where are these formulae and where do they place on your priority list? Please do not tell me after ARoP as this is your stock answer to any question about giving an estimated timetable of an item on said list. I don't see how adding these formulae can be so difficult that they have to wait until after ARoP. You obviously do not have your entire staff held up doing the ARoP seeing we are still getting fixes, changes, and additions to the game that are not ARoP related.

I would personally think completing at least the Journeyman compliment of Confectioner formulae would be a higher priority than attempting an implimentation of dyeing sacks/backpacks/pouches, failing, and causing more problems than were there before the attempt was made (IE no techs are listed for sacks now that the buggy dyeing was removed for further work when there were before).

This is NOT just a Confectioner issue so please do not move this to that forum. This is an entire populace issue as the entire populace suffers by lack of food variety for those 40+. I am also not wanting a discussion about this issue so much as I am wanting an answer from the Devs about it so I am imploring you, the moderators, to leave this post where I've posted it.

TIA and awaiting word

Default Re: Devs - a word on priority please

>This is an entire populace issue as the entire populace suffers by lack of food

/snickers

not everyone suffers due to lack of food, it's not like there is none. i do agree they should try to toss them in, but it is not a "entire population" suffering.

Food is food, just give us something to chew on that removes DP's

In reality most issues are "entire population" issues. We aren't dragons or bipeds or confectioners or alchemists or monks or scouts or what have you. We're players. Its all a matter of perspective.
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

it is an entire populace problem Indyman, Several questions I'd pose for you.

1) How would you like to try and level yoru adventure class to 100 in 410 or 510 armor?
    2) How would you like it if your chosen craft class lost 1/2 your forms, or worse yet, if they had never been implemented?
    3) How are you going to feel when passive DP removal becomes nothing more than a memory?

I can think of more questions but answers to those would be quite telling to your state of mind.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Quote Originally Posted by IndyMan
    >This is an entire populace issue as the entire populace suffers by lack of food

/snickers

not everyone suffers due to lack of food, it's not like there is none. i do agree they should try to toss them in, but it is not a "entire population" suffering.
    Trust me, I'll take care of the lack of food issue and how the populace as a whole is affected in a seperate thread. *g*

*said she wouldn't reply but couldn't help herself*

Still awaiting that Dev comment on this. :)

Moved to game bug.

Oh good grief. It's not a freaking "Game Bug". Should not be moved there.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

No, but it is a known issue that is scheduled to be addressed after the AROP is complete. The reason is because Manga has a plan for the foods and he is also the one doing the AROP. The rest of us have our own tasks we are working on.

- Amon
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

oh oh - Amon, since you are so talkative this evening and have a bit of time from slavin away there - could you give us some info on other projects being worked on atm? Just tid-bits please - but if ya want to "spill the beans" by all means.
    Putter'er of Crafts and Near Miss-Adventurer on Chaos
    Guild Leader - Council of War
    C.O.W. : "Milking the WA Daily....fear the cow"

Thanks Amon. At least now I know why it is being held back and not being fixed.
    *eyes Manga* I just hope it's good!

*whispers in Manga's ear about platters, picnic baskets, banquets, etc*
    /nudge

Bulgrim,

I will leave that to a State of the Game or other announcement as I do not know fully what everyone is working on. Myself, outside of the normal duties it is quests.

- Amon

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Lovely place to hide a thread that you appear to not reallywant to address and would appear to rather just sweep under the rug.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Well, Amon saw it, but it still doesn't belong here.

Hell, I am not really sure where it belongs. There's no "game design deficiency or incompleteness" forum or the like.

Maybe it does belong here as much as anywhere.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

I did not "hide" it here Seranthor. I simply responded to it.

- Amon

The lady specifically asks the following

"Where are these formulae and where do they place on your priority list? Please do not tell me after ARoP as this is your stock answer to any question about giving an estimated timetable of an item on said list. I don't see how adding these formulae can be so difficult that they have to wait until after ARoP. You obviously do not have your entire staff held up doing the ARoP seeing we are still getting fixes, changes, and additions to the game that are not ARoP related."

Bold added for effect, and you respond with

"but it is a known issue that is scheduled to be addressed after the AROP is complete"

Is it really that hard to say March, or April or May,whenever or never?

I and many others are getting the feeling that this answer of 'after Arop' is a cop out thats delivered when you dont want to answer the hard questions.

Personally I think that the CNFs have suffered greatly and more than deserve their Jman forms as well as their expert forms. It's my own very strong opinion that one of the4 need to happen.

1) give them their forms now before anything else.
    2) give them a specific time when they will get them. (not after Arop), but a date.
    3) return all the experience they have invested in their craft to beredistributed
    among their other crafts and remove the CNF class that it appears that TG is
    unable or unwilling to support.
    or 4) tell them you dont give a rats a** about their class and to shove it.

Because continued dodging and weaving to avoid giving straight answers is going to only serve not to buy you more time to make up something to try and feed them but to only hasten their departure for another MMO.

gopher65

It has already been stated IN DETAIL what would LIKELY happen to foods.

1) DPs will be increasedto 75% max decrease from 20% max decrease (current)
    2) Foods will be made more effective
    3) possibility that passive DP removal will be scraped (not definate)

That's all I remember.

Then if your information is correct dont you think it would be extremely beneficial if TG would actually finish the CNF class instead of treating them like the redheaded stepchildren and locking them under the stairs?

Quote Originally Posted by gopher65
    It has already been stated IN DETAIL what would LIKELY happen to foods.

1) DPs will be increasedto 75% max decrease from 20% max decrease (current)
    2) Foods will be made more effective
    3) possibility that passive DP removal will be scraped (not definate)

That's all I remember.
    Link please? As I've been away since the end of August last year anything said between now and then about Confectioners is unknown to me and if it was said on the Tazoon boards then I definately have no clue. If it was said before I left then that was a pretty long time ago and I don't remember so please feel free to provide a link, if one is available, and refresh my memory. :)

Not to mention that everything you have listed above has absolutely nothing to do with why these JM forms have not been added nor gives a reason why they are being held back to be added. BUT I'm content to wait and give Manga the time he needs to get done with ARoP and work out DPs and food. As I said, it better be good.[;)]

gopher65

As I understand it Manga is the one who will be doing this work (as Amon just said), and he is busy with the ARoP right now. I don't have a link, sorry. I think it was on these boards though. It definately wasn't on tazoon. Since Manga is going to be completely redesigning food and the confectoners class, it doesn't make much sense to release new forms that will just have to be changed again (imo).

Since food is of so little use in the game right now, few people use it. Personally I am looking forward to the new food when it is done:). Especially since our confectioners will finally have a use:P

Your assuming that your CNFs have enough patience to wait for this long promised carrot to arrive, I personally have no more confidence in TG doing right by the CNF class, I and many others feel that TG would rather just continue on their merry way of non support of the class.

As far as believing what TG says, I no longer believe anything they say until I see it first hand on a live server. To belive it before that is just careless given their history of lies and broken promises.

Thread Information