Thread: Blight Patch Notes 3-2-05

Default Blight Patch Notes 3-2-05

[*]Dennison Jadefellow no longer promises coin for maggot hides[*]Witzel the Vaultkeeper has joined the Dragon Crafting school and gained some experience[*]Tiber the Vaultkeeper has joined the Dragon Crafting school and gained some experience.[*]Obsolete techniques removed from the description of Steel Golem Fragments.

Additions:[*]Smash IV is now available as a loot drop.[*]Power Strike IV is now available as a loot drop.[*]Added more steps to the Dragon Adult Rite of Passage. Testing continues on Blight.

Updates:[*]Increased Damage for Unarmed Mastery 21 increased.[*]Increased the resistance bonus for Defy Flame III.[*]Increased the resistance bonus for Defy Spirit III.[*]Modified the treasure table for Eclipse the named Obsidian Golem.[*]Correctly associated Rose Quartz Dragon Claws as Tier 1 equipment instead of Tier 2.[*]Updated the Fire Opal Dragon Claws to use the correct Fire Opal Tint.[*]Updated the Reinforced Hide and Leather Armor pieces to use the correct tint.
    soo...I'm going to assume they mean Ancient Right of passage not adult right of passage. And wouldn't rose quartz dragon claws be tier 2? rose quartz is a tier II gem
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

Default Re: Blight Patch Notes 3-2-05

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    [*]Modified the treasure table for Eclipse the named Obsidian Golem.
    Throwing in a blind guess, but (I hope) this means it was downgraded to get rid of Eclipse campers? As far as I'm aware, it is the only tier IV named on short respawn.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

[img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]PJ wrote: [*]Modified the treasure table for Eclipse the named Obsidian Golem.
    I bet this gets done before fixing the techs on the sacks, or fixing the road bonuses, or before CNFs or ALCs get their promised forms.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Quote Originally Posted by PJ

[*]Updates:[*]Increased Damage for Unarmed Mastery 21 increased.
    mmmm AH AH AH AH AH !!!

rofl

monk : Unarmed Mastery 21 100
    disciples : Unarmed Mastery 21 109

Alchemists already got their forms on blight...

[*]Added more steps to the Dragon Adult Rite of Passage. Testing continues on Blight.[/list]

Yay! :)
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]PJ wrote: [*]Modified the treasure table for Eclipse the named Obsidian Golem.
    I bet this gets done before fixing the techs on the sacks, or fixing the road bonuses, or before CNFs or ALCs get their promised forms.
    Expert alchemy forms were added last Blight update. Confectioners are still on hold till after ARoP - that's been stated repeatedly. Both the expert alchy forms and the Eclipse loot nerf will be going live at the same time.

Fixing the sack dyes would be nice, but it's less important than nerfing Eclipse - seriously. I've done my share of Eclipse camping, and probably will again before next Tuesday, and I will indeed be sorry to see this nerf come down. However, Eclipse is too much of a good thing. Too many people want a piece of him, and his presence is just making people mean. I'll miss the drops, but they have to go.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

We'll see if the alcy forms make it live at the same time. The CNFs have been getting the same song and dance for a year, I have no faith in TG doing right by the CNFs anytime this quarter if at all. As far as the Eclipse nerf when it goes live something to ponder... in the last 90min he's not dropped a single t4 tech on Chaos.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

[*]Modified the treasure table for Eclipse the named Obsidian Golem.
    I take it this oversight in its drops does not warrent a hot fix.

Come on, seriously. Are players camping this monster, an exploit it seems (unintended feature), and calling its fix a nerf.

Sure sounds pathetic, community all to hell, for the player's toon to gain in such a bug. And :: looking up :: I remember a poster liking the very liberal drops of the Winter Festival Huckster before it was properly corrected. Now that is really sad.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadfael
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]PJ wrote:

mmmm AH AH AH AH AH !!!

rofl

disciples : Unarmed Mastery 21 109
    The damage on unarmed mastery 21 for some reason was the same as that of unarmed mastery 20 which is below that of level 95 handwraps :/

Tis good to see more AROP crap go in will be glad when its finally done. Also nice to see Defy abilities fixed for disciples

Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

Quote Originally Posted by cauri_order
    [*]Added more steps to the Dragon Adult Rite of Passage. Testing continues on Blight.[/list]

Yay! [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img]
    RoP is allready insane how is this a yay? i did my RoP with other dragons as well way back then and it was still a pain also i helped a guioldie through his Rop recentally (helped is kinda a small word for the aid i gave him cuz i pretty much did all i could just with him or in a group) although if you thought it was ancient not adualt i understand lol
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketsup
    Ssafire-lvl 100 Cleric, 100 Bloodmage, 100 Mage, 100 Druid, 90 Monk, Saris
    Safiretalon-lvl 66 dragon adventurer, lvl 32 dragon crafter, lvl 14 dragon lairshaper.
    Guild: Dark Defenders
    Horizons player since: December 21st 2003

Quote Originally Posted by evilkarl
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Cadfael wrote:[img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]PJ wrote:

mmmm AH AH AH AH AH !!!

rofl

disciples : Unarmed Mastery 21 109 The damage on unarmed mastery 21 for some reason was the same as that of unarmed mastery 20 which is below that of level 95 handwraps :/
    Oh it is even only a bug correction ?

15 month after the release whithout ANY other improvement for the monk/disciple damage is not funny at all finally [N]

sprd 97 shaman 76

Yep a bug fix.

Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

He's on short respawn because when attunement quests went in, lots of people were running around to complete the quests and a faster respawn was a good thing.

There are other t4 named people can search out if looking for t4 drops.

He was always alone, is always spawned in same spot, and respawns quickly.

Yes, the loot table needed to be changed.

Now, if he respawns at a rate of say 5x the speed at which normal t4 named mobs respawn, then lowering the chance of tech/form drops to 1/5 the current setting for him, would seem like an acceptable solution. However, he spawns alone (less danger than normal named) and always in same place. So even that solution does not suffice.

Most T4 named seem to be around two hours to respawn. Eclipse is seven minutes - nearly 20x faster. The only solution in his case is to hammer his loot table.I hate nerfs of any kind, but this one had to happen.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Has anyone considered that the T4 tech drop rate is still a mere shadow of the t5 drop rate?... It would stand to reason that is one of the many reasons folks more or less bypassed t4 mobs to get to t5... why languish fighting t4 trash for crap drops when you can shoot on by to t5 and get the phat lewtz?

Thread Information