Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ARoP on blight

Default ARoP on blight

Can anyone on blight confirm this please
    Was talking to someone yesterday and he said that a friend of his was playing on blight server and that ARoP is now working fine and there are Ancient Player made dragons flying around. If so can we see some screenies of these ancient dragons and also has any blight player kept a log of the steps needed to become ancient on both paths ie Helian & Lunus such that they could be turned into a walkthrough for the rest of us.
    Kaze Ancient Lunus Dragon 100/100 ~7 million hoard (Lv75)

Default Re: ARoP on blight

hello Dragon brothers on Blight

i would great appreciate any story or screenshot from you too

hope to read anything from you soon

oh please post minimum finishing requirements ! please ! [:D]

we have been working with the devs on the ARoP for quite some time but it is by no means finished, there are no ancient player dragons on blight.
    Playing since release.
    4th to complete RoP.
    Purely Lunus.
    Dragor Firestrike - (Nobody to play with.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaze
    Can anyone on blight confirm this please
    Was talking to someone yesterday and he said that a friend of his was playing on blight server and that ARoP is now working fine and there are Ancient Player made dragons flying around. If so can we see some screenies of these ancient dragons and also has any blight player kept a log of the steps needed to become ancient on both paths ie Helian & Lunus such that they could be turned into a walkthrough for the rest of us.
    Listed requirements, yes. Screenshots, yes.

But certainly no walkthrough. This is the pinnacle of the dragon playing experience and you want to know the steps? Perhaps a vague walkthrough, to enjoy the experience w/o checking the step by step blow. Vague as in what would float around in rumors.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Please..no walkthroughs. The vaguer (is that a word?) the better but to be asking for a walkthrough before it even goes live is lame in my opinion.[:^)]
    Bori Grimbattle --->The Dwarf
    Sinistre Azazael---> The Fiend
    Adramaleck Flerious--->The Dragon

~Mystic Blades~
    ~Jambi,Order~

this is what i want to know.

Is it fun?
    Is it easy/hard/too easy/too hard?
    Was it worth it?
    Does it bring a significant difference to the dragon experience?

There is nothing wrong like a walkthrough, if they clearly mark the thread as being such and put it in the dragons or quests folder there should be no problems. After all no one is forcing you to read it. If you want a walkthrough you can read it, if you want the surprise element to ARoP you don't read it. Its as simple as that.
    Kaze Ancient Lunus Dragon 100/100 ~7 million hoard (Lv75)

The problem here is that I see a number of people talking about the philosophy of walkthroughs and the like, but no testers posting any information. I am not intending it to sound like they are obligated to or anything, just mentionning that folks in the thread are arguing about information that hasn't been forthcoming anyway.

But hey, I will toss my request in with the rest. I simply want to know how close it seems to be to being finished. If there is more info than that, cool, if not then it is no biggie because I can judge the rest for myself when it hits Live.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

Soulfyre

Quote Originally Posted by Dragor
    we have been working with the devs on the ARoP for quite some time but it is by no means finished, there are no ancient player dragons on blight.
    Ugh. Look up people. A Blight dragon did post.

No they did not provide screenshots, requirments or details. But they did answer the original posters assumption that the ARoP is working on Blight and there are ancient player dragons flying around. Answer: No, not finished but they are still working on testing it. It seems to me that the post was overlooked and not responded to simply because it didn't give a satisfactory amount of the expected information you wanted.

I agree, no walkthrough should be provided, at least not until after the ARoP goes live and live dragons have had to figure it out for themselves! Isn't the point of a new quest to actually... well.. quest? So many gripe we have no good quests, then beg for all the answers before we even get one. Mind boggling. Or as Bori said... lame.

Tellarion

This would be good if it could come in action asap. There is alot of dragons whining all the time about the bipeds multi lvl... this could get them quiet maybe
    ;-)

Even got a guy(dragon) in my guild that whined every day, never a day with out whining and he stoped playing... even told him to play something else if he didnt like dragons and thought that it was unfair, but he didnt want too... ARoP will most likely bring him back, but not if it takes too long cause then he could get hocked up in the other MMORPG he is playing

-Non Dragon

any news?

are now some dragons who finished the ARoP?

Quote Originally Posted by Vlisson
    any news?

are now some dragons who finished the ARoP?
    As soon as the first Ancient sets foot on Istaria, there will be word of it in these forums. Screenshots would follow shortly afterwards.

I don't think this will happen for some time, though.

tulga give up, once a dragon reaches 100/100 make them turn ancient andforget the quest

same with all those goddamb ability quests we have been waiting for. Just give us the darn abilities you will save yourself a lot of work and complaining. I mean we sit here wait and wait and wait for months on end and we run through the quests in a matter of days.

Give us what we want and focus on the more important issuesto win back and createnew players.

Rilramar

Maybe what you want is everything to be handed to you for no effort..but most I talk to are interested in acheiving, accomplishing, learning some lore, feeling a part of the world. It is quests such as the one we are hopeing for and waiting for that we want..not instant gratification. Now, mind you, as I stated this was just some that I had spoken to..I refuse to make the sweeping general statement such as you did that all of us want something.

I know that questing is not for everyone and that many play the game 'to win' but I think..what will bring back players and keep them is for long term thoughts such as they are making. I will not say they are perfect, far from it. I do appreciate that they are trying to make it a something special as it should be.
    Is my dragon anywhere near ready? Not from the talked about requirements. Does that bother me in the least even though I have been playing for nearly a year? Not in the least.

Anyway...sorry your post hit such a nerve in me as I am usually pretty quiet and just wander along. If you do feel as you posted and were not speaking merely in sarcastic frustration then please.[H] .close your eyes..[ip] read a book..[W] enjoy life[G] wait till everything is finished and then let someone PL you through it all so you can stop hurting.[U] My apologies if that is not the tone in which you posted[:$] and I will just wander back to lurkdom and enjoy the game my way and you yours. Just remember it is a game..supposed to be fun.[^] Thank you.

::flaps away to go spy on that mushroom house in Selen Forest again still waiting to see if anyone comes out to sweep the leaf strewn entrance::

i dont need a walkthrough

A N Y info would be great

even if you tell me if its cool/interesting... any experience you made during your ARoP

is it on blight? how far can you do the quest?

Quote Originally Posted by Rilramar
    Maybe what you want is everything to be handed to you for no effort..
    Anyway...sorry your post hit such a nerve in me as I am usually pretty quiet and just wander along. If you do feel as you posted and were not speaking merely in sarcastic frustration then please.[img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-11.gif[/img] .close your eyes..[img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-59.gif[/img] read a book..[img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-52.gif[/img] enjoy life[img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-51.gif[/img] wait till everything is finished and then let someone PL you through it all so you can stop hurting.[img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-50.gif[/img] My apologies if that is not the tone in which you posted[img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-10.gif[/img] and I will just wander back to lurkdom and enjoy the game my way and you yours. Just remember it is a game..supposed to be fun.[img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-49.gif[/img] Thank you.

::flaps away to go spy on that mushroom house in Selen Forest again still waiting to see if anyone comes out to sweep the leaf strewn entrance::
    How could it be anything else than sarcasim? Btw It takes roughly 30 seconds to write a post like that, it is not exactly a life consuming endeavor.
    Lastly, lore shmore give methe quests andforget the lore. I readlengthy passages onpaper not computer screens

Soulfyre

Quote Originally Posted by oluviel
    How could it be anything else than sarcasim? Btw It takes roughly 30 seconds to write a post like that, it is not exactly a life consuming endeavor.
    Lastly, lore shmore give methe quests andforget the lore. I readlengthy passages onpaper not computer screens
    [8-)] Maybe you should take more than 30 seconds...

But I'd like to take a moment to thank the powers that be that you're not holding the reins to any of the quests then. Heaven forbid you must read a lengthy passage of lore or enjoy a bit of story on a quest in an MMORPG.

Maybe you enjoy clicking passed the meaning behind a quest as fast as you can, but there are many who prefer a little.. more. Horizons has plenty of kill XX number of mobs quests that you can flip through without having to "read lengthy passages". ( Although a few of those have some fun commentary in them as well.. if one takes time to read them. )

The ARoP needs lore. Horizons needs it. Yes, even the bipeds need quests with alot more of it too. Tulga will never attract more players by just handing out more pointless, loreless kill quests in an already struggling game. I for one prefer to wait for them to fix the bugs and write the lore so it is fun rather than just hit 100 and *poof* I'm an ancient. It's supposed to be a dynamic world.. not a game of Tetris. No one's keeping track of the high score.

Maybe, if people could stop ignoring, mocking, belittling the Blight dragons when they do speak, they would be more forthcoming. Instead they just continue pestering them like little children. ( The phrase.. "Are we there yeeeet?", spoken in a car every mile or so, comes to mind. )

Honestly.. some of my fellow dragons need to get their panties unbunched...

Sorry most players don't read the lore just the few who beg for it do. It's much more straining on your eyes to read a comp screen than a book.
    Print it in book form after the quest is done and i'll read it.

Honestly.. some of my fellow dragons need to get their panties unbunched
    I don't know when you joined horizons but i've been 100/100 for roughly 4 months i spend maybe 4 hours per month in horizons per month because there is nothing to do. I've been here since day one and still pay for my account.
    The fact that i'm still here shows that i have patience. Myself and hundreds of others are still here after everything that was thrown at us. My patience has run thin, i'm sorry but it's only human at this point.
    The boards are our place for venting, so give it a shot your nose is a little brown.

Soulfyre

My my, Oluviel, maybe you need to ditch the generalizations, assumptions and trying to speak for everyone else. Guess what? You don't! Your past few posts do not help dragons in any way. Just because another doesn't feel your same level of angst, anger and frusteration, it doesn't make them a newbie who just showed up yesterday or a fanboi.

No, I have not been here since "day one". I shall go out immediatly and seek atonement for my failure. I have been playing Horizons for a year, however. I have no biped alt, only a dragon on Order. Kaly is not near 100/100 yet. Yes, I could have raced him all the way up very quickly, but I am not competing with an imaginary opponent. I roleplay, read the lore, take my time seeing the world or crafting things for others. That is MY way to play. Just as you play your way. My partner was in beta, she does not share your day oner opinion at all obviously. She is perfectly happy playing quietly in Istaria and has not rushed to 100/100 either.

We all know dragons were unfinished. We all deal with our unfinished dragons. You seem to think that "day one" thing entitles your desire for no lore to be more important than those who say they are interested in lore. I am capable of undestanding your boredem, but I also understand that a rushed out, boring, loreless quest you can finish in a hurry is in NO WAY going to alleviate your boredem. Do you?

If I thought you were capable of posting a complete, signed list consisting of "Most players" in Horizons that do not ever read the lore because it "strains their eyes"... I might change my mind and agree with you. But.. I do not. That is simply your opinion and perhaps that of your circle of friends you play with. It is apretty thin one too, considering I wear contacts and have a slight astigmatism and I read it just fine with not a hint of eye strain. For one who won't read lore because it is written on a computer screen.. your post count sure is alot larger than mine. And I joined the forums.. two days before you on the day it opened! *gasp* You must be able to read something on a screen.

I do play around on Blight at off times when my partner can not play so I refrain from playing Kaly.. I've seen the pushy questions born from impatience. I am working on raising a dragon on Blight for myselfinstead of yelling at the Blight players for info. And yes, I have vented some before about broken sound effects, dragon spells, power levelers.. yep even quests and lore. So my nose is brown simply because I said I wanted the ARoP to have lore and suggested people not harrass Blight players rudely? Hmm.. no, my nose isn't brown.. but your attitude is.

Thread Information