Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pointless?

Default Re: Pointless?

Quote Originally Posted by LifeForce7
    I was wondering though, if my friends and I do join, is there anywhere in the game world that we would be able to buy some fair sized plots of land together?

Thanks for you help,
    LifeForce7
    I'm not sure about Chaos, but the Roleplaying Shard of Order has several large plots and even guildplots for sale. They're a gigantic investment though, you'd be best starting out with a cheap little plot on Lesser Aradoth or Geneva Island, then saving for something larger in the future.

If you end up playing on order (Remember it's a roleplaying shard) announce yourself in market or send me a /tell (Hal`cyon) and the community'll help you get started.
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

gopher65

There arelarge plots just south of Elia in Apia (I think that is what it is called). they aresomething like 7.8 gold though. that is 7800000 copper[:S]. Most plots are less than 500 silver (500000 copper). a few are ~50 silver. They are small though. Most are around 200 silver.

Many fine points have been made, and all in all, Horizons is deserving of a chance. as stated the attitudes on the boards here are simply people who are flustrated beyond extremes. Some of them have been here since release and have been hoping and praying, wishing that things would get better, and they didnt see rapid changes, and now are losing patience.

The bankruptcy is over, tulga games officially bought out AE and gave new hope for horizons, but they have AE's bad habit of keeping things hush hush. That is probably the strongest reason people are so irked. There is very very little communication from the devs.

The game itself is not bad, but needs work. by far the greatest feature is the community. If you are looking for a game where you can actually roleplay and feel like your accomplishing something, then this is by far the best choice. community involvement is the pinnacle of concepts for this game. Back at release there was events that happened weekly, though now they are few and VERY far between, and in these events the shards worked together to solve riddles, but relics, destroy machine, and defend towns. all this in turn either freed a race, class, town, or in the reverse lose control of a town.

The engine was designed to be truely dynamic, and that has only been seen once, when AE hosted their end of world event at the merger of the shards. since then the dynamic world really hasnt been seen. all in all though it does have many very good features, and thats what has kept people here despite the flaws.

Quote Originally Posted by bright
    The bankruptcy is over, tulga games officially bought out AE and gave new hope for horizons, but they have AE's bad habit of keeping things hush hush. That is probably the strongest reason people are so irked. There is very very little communication from the devs.
    Has Tulga maintained AE's tradition of lying outright to its player base? Tassels and hilts anyone, and that's just for starters.

Every game makes claims early on that they don't end up fulfulling.

The people like me who complain on the boards are also the people that make sure to log in everyday.
    Horizons has a stigmatization, and it has had this since the first two weeks of its opening. It doesn't mean it's a bad game. It just means certain loudmouths rant about how bad the game is because it doesn't fit theirliking but they realy realy wanted it too.

I wont lie, you need to be tolerant of a small dev team to like a game like horizons. Content comes rather slow in comparison to other mmorpgs because games like eq2 and wow have 6x or more dev power to create and distribute content.

i findhorizons to befun, and it has held my casual gaming style for over a year now

Zideon Locke

If you go with order as your shard as choice and need some help, send mea PM here or send me a /tell if I am in game. I will try to help in anyway I can. If you go with Chaos then the same will apply with the WM there, his name is Amon. Enjoy and welcome to Istaria.

Should you find yourself on Chaos, feel free to send me a /tell in game I(and many others) can help you find your footing.

The Help chanel (/chatjoin help) in game is also a great resource for starting players. Many experianced players keep a presance there to help out new players, sometimes it takes a few minutes for one of us to notice something has been said in there as we are often out doing things but we do answer :)

Pillaging the land and spreading Pandemonium Amongst Chaos
    Stranyr Al-Qroni
    Knight of Creation/Sorcerer
    GuildMaster of Pirates of Pandemonium

Also on Order, if you do decide to play a Dragon, the Keir Chet K'Eilerten is an all dragon roleplaying guild. I can also vouch for the community on Order as being very supportive.

I've played Horizons since release, through all the ups and downs, and still log in every day and play. Although there have been times I've taken a break from the game for a short time, I don't feel there's any other MMO out there that offers the kinds of things you'll find in Horizons.

Incidentally, considering how fast things are selling on the Consigners on the Newbie Islands, there must be new players joining the game.

Hal'Cyon is a crafter extraordinaire on Order, even if he is one of the lesser races. *smirk*

Mordoth Penumbraen
    Helian Dragon of Order
    (Retired but keeping an eye out.)
    Keir Chet k'Eilerten
    http://tinyurl.com/ZL3F

"I'm a vegetarian Dragon. I only eat Garden Gnomes."

LifeForce7

Thanks for all the help, I plan to download it this weekend and give it a try, I have one finnal question though. My friends and I all live in Washington on the West Coast. Im just wondering if there is going to bo many people on at the same time we are on? (Say about 7-10 pm pacific time)

Can't speak for Order, but Chaos is usually doing well at 7pm, though it starts tapering off before 10pm. I'm in Pacific time as well. Chaos usually has a larger population, but not by drastic amounts, from what I can tell.

Bear in mind that Order is a roleplay server and I have to assume that roleplay is fairly commonplace there, where it is nonexistant for the most part (can't speak for everyone, just my experience) on Chaos.

Regardless, I would choose the one that suits your playstyle, and I would be willing to guarantee that you will find help.

If you are on Chaos, I know that members of Dark Infinity and Eyes of Istaria are all very friendly and welcoming people. We would love to get you started!

Best of luck, and have fun, this really is a great game with the best people I have met in an online experience.

-12-
    Twelvebagger
    12x100. <-- I did monk!
    Twelvebagger's Mistress (pinkie!)
    Redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes! (*Hands Beer to NimK)

Yes, there will probably be people on when you are on, gotta remember the west coast players. We only have the two NA shards, Order which is the Roleplay Shard and Chaos which is the standard shard, so everyone plays on either of those two regardless of time zone, etc. I also believe there are some Australians who play on the North American Shards, so they are on at odd hours compared to US players.

Mordoth Penumbraen
    Helian Dragon of Order
    (Retired but keeping an eye out.)
    Keir Chet k'Eilerten
    http://tinyurl.com/ZL3F

"I'm a vegetarian Dragon. I only eat Garden Gnomes."

&lt;--- Australian who plays on a NA server at odd hours compared to US players (and some Australian players too).

as others have said try the free trial. You might enjoy it you might not but be the judge for yourself and not what anyone has said here or on any board for that matter.

One point to clarify. Umm Tulga is AE and AE is Tulga.

Thread Information