Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ARoP

Default ARoP

Just saw this as I was looking at the patch notes. Does this mean, that aside from more testing, the the ARoP is completely implemented on Blight?

Important Note: Ancient Rite of Passage

We have delayed The Ancient Rite of Passage on Chaos and Order to provide more time for further testing on Blight. Technical reasons, specifically the Council of Ancients and the Gate of Embers, has a terrain loading / world object issue that prevents certain Ancient Rite of Passage Quest NPC?s from being accessible. Testing continues on Blight, we apologize for the delay.

Dare I dream?
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

Default Re: ARoP

i guess ill go bug some blight dragons for answers

Ebel

*wonders if it will ever happen*

No idea how far along things are progressings, but it's very nice to know exactly what's causing the delay. This way if all you draggies have the time you can go and help troubleshoot the issue *pokes*[:)]
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

I wish I had the time.....a lvl1 dragon on blight wouldn't help much when it comes to testing :P
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

well at this rate...
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

ARoP by say June '05?... Lairs by say December '05? Anything else thats on hold for ARoP maybe in '06?

25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Well it is nice at least to have some update, it does suck that its taking so long. If they could just hold off till after I sell my house and move *G*
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

I didn't catch this info about the ARoP in the patch notes, and thought I had read them pretty thoroughly?
    Mordoth Penumbraen
    Helian Dragon of Order
    (Retired but keeping an eye out.)
    Keir Chet k'Eilerten
    http://tinyurl.com/ZL3F

"I'm a vegetarian Dragon. I only eat Garden Gnomes."

read the notes posted before you log into the game for everything
    You can't miss it

I have been begging to test the ARoP for months. Was told several times it was going to happen. It hasn't and, at this stage, doesn't look like it ever will. Even if I was on Blight 24/7 since January, I doubt I would have been high enough level to test it.

So, don't tell "us dragons" to go help test. Several of us have BEGGED to be included in the testing, and are not allowed to.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

I posted this in another thread:

Well ARoP may not be live yet on Chaos, but there are some changes noticed:

New chamber near council of elders. You have to fly up from council of elders' chambers'back door to get to it. You can also see into it from the outside.

The Hermit is now level 120. I'm guessing he plays a part in ARoP. Fine with me the cranky old fart makes me laugh.

Karane the historian now talks about the council of elders. Might be starting point for ARoP, or just notification of the new npc's in dralk.

If you can manage to get into the councilof elders, the gatekeeper talks about vladtmordt. something like "What news have you heard form vladtmordt?" So appears he plays a part in ARoP also.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcellus
    I have been begging to test the ARoP for months. Was told several times it was going to happen. It hasn't and, at this stage, doesn't look like it ever will. Even if I was on Blight 24/7 since January, I doubt I would have been high enough level to test it.

So, don't tell "us dragons" to go help test. Several of us have BEGGED to be included in the testing, and are not allowed to.
    It would be great if they would allow players to create a dragon on blight and have them zapped to the appropriate level to start the ARoP for testing, however, there is also a small populace that calls Blight their home rather than one of the live servers, and it might be construed as unfair by those that have been putting their time solely into playing on Blight.

On the flip side, Blight is the Test server, so if I were a resident there, I would kinda expect things like the above to happen.

Mordoth Penumbraen
    Helian Dragon of Order
    Keir Chet k'Eilerten

Quote Originally Posted by oluviel
    read the notes posted before you log into the game for everything
    You can't miss it
    Thanks! I think they were updated after I read them. I need to add that bit to the patch notes I posted on my guildies forums since we are an all dragon guild, they might like to know as well.

This actually says to me that they are very close to releasing it, IMO. [:P]

Mordoth Penumbraen
    Helian Dragon of Order
    Keir Chet k'Eilerten

They are unlikely to copy toons from one shard to blight to allow testing because while there you could pass money, items etc to players whose home is blight.

If they did any testing of that nature, would sort of work like the merge tests: they back up all character info on say march 1. Allow toons to be insta-raised to lvl 100, and/or copy toons form other shards. Test proceeds ( for weeks maybe) at end of testing shard is wiped, data from march 1 backup is restored.

True it's a testing server but that might tick off the blight players.

If you want to eventually be able to test things, start a toon there now. and in a couple months you will probably be of sufficient experience to do so.

Farb

There are three dragons curently testing the arop. The first part should be done as of today ( I hope). I understand that Tulga hopes to get this part to the live servers within the next couple of weeks.

*sigh* so it is going to be released in parts. Not sure how I feel about this.....
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran
    They are unlikely to copy toons from one shard to blight to allow testing because while there you could pass money, items etc to players whose home is blight.

If they did any testing of that nature, would sort of work like the merge tests: they back up all character info on say march 1. Allow toons to be insta-raised to lvl 100, and/or copy toons form other shards. Test proceeds ( for weeks maybe) at end of testing shard is wiped, data from march 1 backup is restored.

True it's a testing server but that might tick off the blight players.

If you want to eventually be able to test things, start a toon there now. and in a couple months you will probably be of sufficient experience to do so.
    Except, Blight is a TEST shard. When you create a character on Blight you agree to this:

Quote Originally Posted by Horizons Website
    This is a public testing shard. Please be aware that a subscriber playing on Blight is doing so at their own risk. Although we will not execute mass player wipes on Blight, we reserve the right to manipulate all data stored on Blight to fit within the parameters of the testing environment. Participants on Blight will see all new features that fit within the regular update process first, as well as interact with anonymous developers.
    You play on it at your own risk. You play on blight, you expect to have your char deleted, lose level, level slower, crash more often, etc. This include getting money from an external shard. And what prevent any player to insta level (if I remember correctly, that's a feature in Blight) and then go pawn shop High level gems?

Blight should remain a Test server. If someone want to RP, there is a RP server out there. If they want to play safely without RPing, there's a non RP server too. If they want to help the game progress, then Blight is there. Blight ISN'T another server to play and have fun without responsibility.
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

DAOC had a Char copy finaly added to thier test server and yes people would bring ove high level toons with all thier coin but could only do it once per patch and I never heard about and problems with duped items or massive amounts of coin. I mean yes you could get a toon to a level and then just keep copying him over once a week but what kind of items will that allow that would not normaly be there or how much coin would that add that a conni could not also produce?

Farb

Update on ARoP. NO testing was done this week.

Thread Information