Thread: Maintenance change reminder

Default Maintenance change reminder

Hello everyone,

I'd just like to remind you that as announced thisweek (and most probably for the time being) theonly scheduled maintenance for Unity is set to Thursday morning starting at 6:30AM CET.

Take care,
    Luca

Default Re: Maintenance change reminder

Gr8 Only 1 scheduled down time a week, any special update's comming along ?
    Onnidrah: Half Gaint - Retired
    Warrior: 100 Cleric: 100 Mage: 100 Spiritist 100
    Armourer: 62

Unity [Formerer ICE]
    Old Beta Player
    Tazoon irc: IRC

Not that this ain't good or anything but the maintenance started at 5.30 CET with server shutdown, 5.36 CET to be precise. And I've woken up at 6.00 (GTM +2h) - 5.00 CET to craft a bit before going on my other things I had to do today.

I think It's better if it's started earlier because the server has greater chances of going online earlier. But if you're shuting it down one hour earlier, could you please tell that it's 5.30 CET and not 6.30 CET ?
    Proud member of Angelic Protectors
    66 wizard / 36 mage / 21 healer / 20 cleric
    44 mason / 26 spellcrafter / 11 scholar

Quest Team member click here
    Horizons IRC chat

Luca I hope you have someone over the week watching the server because we often have small probs that come up after weekend like invisible anchors, missing roadbonus and so on, that would stay ingame than up to Thursday.

More support in weekends hmm... Could be an nice idea coz most players are playing then
    Onnidrah: Half Gaint - Retired
    Warrior: 100 Cleric: 100 Mage: 100 Spiritist 100
    Armourer: 62

Unity [Formerer ICE]
    Old Beta Player
    Tazoon irc: IRC

15:15 CET and still servers down ... [:(]

What are you doing with the servers? Applying newest Theresa Orlowsky User Interface?
    [;)]

mmmh maybe it is better to have two maintenances of 4~5 hours than one that lasts 9+hours ( still counting ) ? Once again no ETA for your customers.
    Ishar Xhaan => Ishar_Wind Xhaan => Imrryr Xhaan Lunus Destroyer
    and his biped slave KalTorak XhaanSlave Ice Disciple
    == Ancient Order Of Istarian Knights ==

Well, now that downtime is 11h 30mins already we should get the day back on our accounts. No chance though when you only have 6hours on 2 days ... :)

Frankly, if less 'maintenance days' means 'less overall maintenance' I am against it. There are enough little bugs and problems that should warrant more than one maintenance period a week.
    The present downtime, as I understand it, is caused not by the regular maintenance but by the application of a large bundel of updates. Well we know that many things can go wrong with such a thing so no wonder it takes such a long time and there is a reluctancy to update the ETA of roughly 16:45 (now its 17:35).

Time will tell whether one maintenance period a week will be enough -- my guess it things will only work out if there is the possibility of reliable and rapid on-the-spot-work on weekends...
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

Game Network changed the maintenance time for some reason this week, and held maintenance on the Wednesday.There has been no announcement from Game Network regarding the change of day for maintenance to be carried out.

Unless Game Network inform us differently, it is best to assume that maintenance will still be carried out on a Thursday normally. We can only presume that it is the various glitches with gameplay and problems with Unity's performance that warranted an earlier maintenance than normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Entilzah

Game Network changed the maintenance time for some reason this week, and held maintenance on the Wednesday.There has been no announcement from Game Network regarding the change of day for maintenance to be carried out.
    Maybe they should have warned that the server would be down for the remaining of the week, the week end, and who knows for how long....

I'm pretty sure we'll be credited back for the outage days but what i would have appreciated is MORE INFORMATION instead of this silence...

Some posts say that Luca's on holidays... it's good, normal, and everyone should have holidays... but i hope he's not the only one WORKING for GN....

Quote Originally Posted by Entilzah

Unless Game Network inform us differently, it is best to assume that maintenance will still be carried out on a Thursday normally. We can only presume that it is the various glitches with gameplay and problems with Unity's performance that warranted an earlier maintenance than normal.
    And today its wednesday and its maintenance again. Without any announcement as to changed maintenance times. [:(]

Scotland/Unity/Where the shadows are thickest...

Pretty faulty maintenance mind you, that the server had to be taken down again in order to iron out some 'problems'.

*Sighs.* I just wish the maintenance period could be on Tuesday... that's my day off between college, Wednesday and Thursday are my most work-intesive days as well as the longest. [*-)]

So I don't get to try out the content of the latest patches right away, and that could prove costly to me obtaining my intended lair at a later date. [:S]

I can'nae think of anything witty to type right now... give me a while more.
    (I don't don't have Photoshop like you might do.)

Just noticed a message that seems to have been put on login page well after I logged in yesterday, so I missed it:

Community: Maintenance Change 11/10/2005
    For this week only we will perform the usual weekly maintenance on Wednesday (tomorrow) morning instead of the usual Thursday. The downtime will begin at the same time.

So I guess they will try to stick with thursday...

Thread Information