Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Feedback for Blight Update - 3/9/05

Default Feedback for Blight Update - 3/9/05

Patch notes for Blight are here:

http://community.istaria.com/Web/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=53958

Post your feedback in this thread.

- Amon
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Default Re: Feedback for Blight Update - 3/9/05

[*]Ambrosia VII altered to allow use through level 100[*]Cleanse can now be applied to Primal-based spells[*]The duration of the Promote Vitality and True Grit spell lines is increased to 30 minutes.[*]Breeze, Quickening Breeze and Rejuvenating Breeze are now ?techable? by a wider range of techniques such as Heal Recycle and Cleanse.[*]Dragon Hoardables have started to appear in the loot tables for all the monsters.[*]The gathering rate of Chicken increased[*]Thanthor the Fisher?s second quest no longer requires you to be under level 20.

Dragon love AND confectioner love in the same update???

[:|]

Bravo!
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

All in all this blight patch receives the prestigous "Double Woot Award"
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

[Y][Y][Y][Y]

[*]The duration of the Promote Vitality and True Grit spell lines is increased to 30 minutes.
    Yes!
    [*]Breeze, Quickening Breeze and Rejuvenating Breeze are now ?techable? by a wider range of techniques such as Heal Recycle and Cleanse.
    YES! Being able to cleanse one's self will make a major difference to dragons, especially against those heavily-debuffing undead casters. I assume that cleanse effect applies only to the initial casting, not the pulses, and as per standard AoE heals, it applies only to the chosen target?

Looks like several things are going to get crossed off the dragon issues list. [;)]

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

This is indeed good news.

Carrying around ambrosia is a heap lighter than all the food I have atm lol

Hoorary for longer duration on dragon buffs and more techs on breezes, hoard loot in loot tables as well. Not to mention the much needed increased tech comp drop rate.

Nice patch. [Y][Y]

Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

Quote Originally Posted by Amon Gwareth
    Post your feedback in this thread.
    Feedback? I'm gonna have one absolutely misserable dragon... until this goes live [:)] Now if we could only get the duration of the breezes bumped up to a minute, you'll have hit my major dragon gripes.

The uncapping of Ambrosia VII will be nice, though I'd actually rather see higher levels of Ambrosia. Oh, fart! The anchors are gone, where are we going to get essense of blight to make the essence with? [:O]

The duration of the Promote Vitality and True Grit spell lines is increased to 30 minutes

[*]Breeze, Quickening Breeze and Rejuvenating Breeze are now ?techable? by a wider range of techniques such as Heal Recycle and Cleanse.

Dragon Hoardables have started to appear in the loot tables for all the monsters.

WOOOT about time are buffs went to 30 mins
    and I love this one
    [*]The gathering rate of Chicken increased

MMmmm its chicken tonight

Is it real? Or an April's fool?

Cannot believe that so many year long issues are being squashed like that [:P]
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Nice changes thanks Tulga! Butone question, the "such as" throws me off.
    "by a wider range of techniques such as Heal Recycle and Cleanse. "
    Does this mean dragons wil be able to tech our breezes with heal recycle, cleanse, AND others like heal increase/potency, or does this mean we can now tech our heals with heal recycle and cleanse?

"The uncapping of Ambrosia VII will be nice, though I'd actually rather see higher levels of Ambrosia. Oh, fart! The anchors are gone, where are we going to get essense of blight to make the essence with? [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-3.gif[/img]"

Same Place We got EoB before the anchors. In the blighted SS field in the crater SW of tazoon

From the IRC earlier today:
    Quote Originally Posted by IRC
    [18:14] Dragoniade: No news on the anvil and spell proc for Primal (hear PRIMAL) vengence :(
    [18:14] PJ: Ambrosia VII altered to allow use through level 100
    [18:14] PJ: does that include level 100?
    [18:14] AmonGwareth|TG: just did, in the news forum
    [18:14] Boogie: good kiddo ^^
    [18:14] trams|gezsera: ty =)
    [18:14] Manga-4tw: Dragoniade : doh ><
    [18:15] Manga-4tw: its in there
    1- Dragon finally will be able to craft outside of Dralk or Chiconis.
    2- Primal Vengeance will finally be usable by dragon caster too.
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

Quote Originally Posted by Amon Gwareth
    The resource requiremnets for the Expert Power Back Scale are corrected.
    Why is it so difficult to get these right? All scales, at optimum, take 12 bricks, 12 bars, or 6 bricks/6 bars. Not too hard a concept is it?

Increased drop rates of formulas and technique resources should help the market price (and hopefully see fewer Expert formulas on pawnbrokers).

I'm happy to see Breeze spells allow more techniques. I still have my Faster Breeze II, and don't recall why AE then limited the techniques (guessing June 2004). Good to see them restored, with Cleanse added.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Howdoes higher drop rates on forms, lead to fewer expert forms on pawnbrokers?

[Y][Y]
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Great update [:)]

[*]Ambrosia VII altered to allow use through level 100

Awesome, now I can use it again...

[*]Cleanse can now be applied to Primal-based spells[*]The duration of the Promote Vitality and True Grit spell lines is increased to 30 minutes.[*]Breeze, Quickening Breeze and Rejuvenating Breeze are now ?techable? by a wider range of techniques such as Heal Recycle and Cleanse.

Sure to make many dragons happy, or at least less grumpy...[*]Technique Resources now drop 50% more often thn in the past.[*]Formulas now drop 50% more often than in the past.

Now this here makes for a very happy Sslik, a comp drop increase was much needed...[*]Dragon Hoardables have started to appear in the loot tables for all the monsters.

Perfect...the dragon hoardables was one of the best parts before they were taken out...[*]Sacks are again techable

Well, bout dang time...can we dye them as well, or did they just revert back to the old way...

Anyways, awesome update, I can't wait for it to go live
    Death is the ultimate dilemma and integral to the beliefs and behavior of every culture. Life is bore on the corpses of the dead. Without death, there would be no motivation to do anything. The only emotion would be existing. Life would be pestilent and agonizing.

Ssilmath Torshak
    Paladin of Kass, Master Armorsmith

Heal over time spells (i.e. the Breezes) cannot be teched with potency increases, because they aren't really heal spells. They give an effect that just happens to heal.

Regrowth can be teched, doesn't add to the effect, but you can apply the techs

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    Howdoes higher drop rates on forms, lead to fewer expert forms on pawnbrokers?
    Just a hope of mine, naive I know, that they would be offered on consigners at 10% or more above what a pawnbroker pays. It is not like that would be a relatively large coin lost to some characters if they were returned to the vault.

You are right. Increased drop rate and more will find their way to pawnbrokers. The Veilo won't be happy, but that is only lore. Farm, or craft, and pawn away.

Amon, question. Will easily farmable monsters (those generally underpowered, such as flies) have dragon hoard items? I know lore is not really a factor, Grouk having Brass Bells in the past and all, but I am thinking from the economy point of view and character to character interaction (certainly not fleecing, butBrass Bells for 1 sp or more on consigners . . . . hmmm?).
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Thread Information