Thread: New RoP req.

Default New RoP req.

Perhaps it has escaped some of you, perhaps not. But I am a fairly new player to this game. And being a dragon, aspire to ascend into the heavens as an adult.

A recent update to the game changed the requirements of the RoP from hatchling to adult. So instead of having to "aquire" obsidian bricks, you now must make them.

I'm not lazy. Most of the levels i've gained have been of my own doing, and I do not despise crafting as many would suggest. But i think it a bit stupid that a Lunus, the warriors of Istaria, should be forced to dig and mine in the dirt to obtain enough craft levels for 600 stoneworking. Which I've been told is 60+ levels of Craft.

Not only do i see it to be dumb in that aspect, but also i see it as being a rather unjust descision seeing as how the ARoP is coming out. Why should a poor hatchling be forced to obtain 60+ craft levels, when in 40 they have reached the limits of the game. What would be left to really strive for to be Anchient? Perhaps it would be wise to lower the requirement for a poor hatchling and raise it to be an Ancient. To me, that would make sense.
    -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
    100/100 Dragon
    Following the Path of Lunus
    Journeyman Lairshaper
    -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-

Default Re: New RoP req.

You do not have to create the bricks. The NPC tells you to acquire 10 bricks and bring them to him in addition to the Eye of a Ghostly Dragon. There was a brief (VERY) period of time where it required you to create the bricks.

If you got the quest during this time, then yes, yours would require it. Your best bet would be to either level till you can make them or delete it and start it again.

- Amon
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Just saw it in one of the patch notes and noticed that me obtaining the bricks wasn't working in my quest. Plus I never noticed anything in any of the other notes about it being changed back. Perhaps i just missed it
    -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
    100/100 Dragon
    Following the Path of Lunus
    Journeyman Lairshaper
    -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-

The release notes said that the text was changed, not the quest itself. So, I suspect that the text was changed to reflect the reality of the quest (it read "craft" when I did my RoP, but aquiring counted), and the release notes got the change backwards.

Has anyone confirmed this one way or the other?

gopher65

It used to read craft, but you could aquire them. Therefore it was changed to aquire, because that is what you have to do:).

Lunus does not equals Non crafter and Helians does not equal Crafter.

Lunus are melee and helian Spell caster. There's nothing in the lore about Lunus being non crafter. Quite the opposite. Lunus are supposed to be more scalecrafter (melee defense) while Helians are more Spellcrafter. Ever wondered why Dralk got the Scalecraft Trainer and Chiconis the Spellcrafter Trainer?

Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

Even to make the bricks, you do not need to be a 60+ crafter. When I did RoP I made my own bricks as a 53 crafter. This was over a year ago, at a time when dragonscales could not be teched at all with any crafter techs.

With a good set of transmutation scales you could likely transmute to make the bricks probably in the mid 40s.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

Thread Information