Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Lairs

Default Re: Lairs

Coin is easy to farm. I suppose they could charge "hoard" lol

a random auction is probably fairest. But also a minimum price to bid, to be considered in the random auction. Something like say 1gp, so that total newb players aren't snagging plots they may not deserve ( in the eyes of others. I can agree they may not be able to develop a plot for quite awhile and plots shouldn't just be "free"), but within reach for most players ( 1gp is just a suggested amount)

I for one hope we get to inspect, tour, view all the plots for a week before any bidding/auctioning/selling starts

I got a nice plot with my guild right now, Lairs will need to be pretty spiffy for me to want to get one. But I am hoping they are.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

At 1 gp, you're also tossing out a bunch of us who have been around a long time (end of December, 2003, personally) who have never in their days GOTTEN up to a gold coin.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Really tho 1gp is nothing that a few days work can't earn at the cash farms.
    And it's actually quite low compared to some of the prices I saw on biped plots.. some reaching up to 15g or more.

There has to be a line someplace. ( I'm glad it's not me figuring that out, whatever they do, someone is gonna be pissed about how they did it)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaraiden
    Read your lore Goriax, where are hoards kept? What do dragons value?

Besides, my hoard is only 1.5 million and I would hope hoard is a large factor for the first round of lair plots. Coin is too easy to mule about.
    I think you need to go back to the dev comments for why hoard would not be in the ARoP. Until you read those you don't understand the situation. Basically, the devs consider hoard broken. They're not going to introduce more features based on something which is broken.

If they're not going to make a PERMANENT feature (the ARoP) be based on hoard because of this (they may eventually fix hoard), there is LESS reason to make a one-time event (the auction) be based on hoard.

Somehow, even if you want hoard to be part of it, I doubt you'd be happy if 20 mil hoard were required for a lair.

Quote Originally Posted by Death-Knell
    Dragons were allowed to bid on biped plots because there were no dragon lairs, and dragonlairs weren't going to be available anywhere in the near future. There are plenty of biped plots available even today, so no; Lairs should be a dragon only purchase.
    While I don't feel strongly enough on this to get into another epic flame fest, I think this is missing a key point. Yes, I agree that at the time of the auction that lairs were not expected for several months, but even then dragons could not work on biped plots. If a dragon bought a biped plot he had to coax other bipeds to work on it (or use his biped alt to work on it).

Youhave to remember that it's ONE plot per ACCOUNT. If a person has a biped and a dragon character, they have to choose to either get a biped plot or a dragon plot. They can't have both. All their characters will have to share that plot. Whether they BUY it with their dragon character or their biped character is totally beside the point since with some effort (and perhaps a trusted friend) you can transfer the money between characters. Actually, if you don't absolutely need a trusted friend to transfer money.

Hopefully they will have a variety of plots available all the way from small low tier plots for 70 silver to huge high tier plots for several gold. Right now you may not be able to afford a gold for your plot, but perhaps you can afford something smaller. Also, I hope that there will be enough empty plots of all tiers that people will be able to move up as they advance and can afford better. So, if you're low level and can't afford a big expensive 5 gold plot now, that's ok. Buy what you can afford. Later when you have more you can upgrade. Yes you'll have to rebuild (although with transfers between players maybe not) but hopefully that's part of the fun.

Why does flamefest have anything to do with this?

More gold later? I've been playing since day 1 and don't have near 5gp, I don't farm coin. I'm greedy, but farming coin has never been part of that greed. Just not in character for me.

And like I said, anyone can make a dragon alt if they wanted to so making it a requirement is barely a speed bump. And if your buying it to have a lair and not to just rip-off some other poor dragon it shouldn't matter since you'll need a dragon to WORK IT ANYWAY!!!!
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Goriax
    Hopefully they will have a variety of plots available all the way from small low tier plots for 70 silver to huge high tier plots for several gold. Right now you may not be able to afford a gold for your plot, but perhaps you can afford something smaller. Also, I hope that there will be enough empty plots of all tiers that people will be able to move up as they advance and can afford better. So, if you're low level and can't afford a big expensive 5 gold plot now, that's ok. Buy what you can afford. Later when you have more you can upgrade. Yes you'll have to rebuild (although with transfers between players maybe not) but hopefully that's part of the fun.
    Yeah, there's likely to be many sizes, styles, etc. of lairs. Having some auctioned with a theoretical buy-in price of 1gp, would be for lairs that might cost anywhere from 1gp to 5gp. Then they are randomly sold to all auction entrants.

If you do not have 1gp to spend, there will still be alot of other plots that cost less to pick from. No one said you had to farm silver ( which just means killing mobs that drop coin, not mobs that do not), but if you want a rather nice lairplot, they aren't just going to "give" you one either. There's got to be some effort involved, of some kind. It's likely that players who have invested time into their Dragons will have a decent amount of coin. It's also going to take a significant investment of time to BUILD the lair, the scaleforge and other machines, etc. Ifsomeone has invested alot of time in thier dragon, but haven't accumulated any coin, they are likely the minority.

I had 3.1 gold from kill wolfs/kill wraiths when I finally hit level 100. Nowadays you can sell trophies to players or trophy hunters. Sell comps. Craft. (btw all the money i've made has been either from adventuring, adventure tasks, selling trophies/comps, or crafting for other players. no pb runs for me. And i've done fairly well for myself). If you know money will be needed for a lair, find some work to be done to make some money.Edit: Update: Well being level 100 crafter has proven to be profitable by selling crafted goods to pb. A bit of a boring grind but adds up. ( I had to test what people were telling me after reading my comment here).

Be nice if a dev could pop in and maybe give some hints to how the lair auction will work.

Quote Originally Posted by Goriax
    Youhave to remember that it's ONE plot per ACCOUNT. If a person has a biped and a dragon character, they have to choose to either get a biped plot or a dragon plot. They can't have both. All their characters will have to share that plot.
    sorry if i bug again

but on unity every char can own 1 plot (so 5 plots per account)

http://community.istaria.com/Web/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=44531

i hope anyone from AE/Tulga will give a statement about this. Is it intended or exploiting! Thanks

I want 1 plot per account :-)

Realm of Order [Elsewhere: Los Angeles or Wesley Chapel]

Quote Originally Posted by Izzeriek
    I believe that when Lairs go live they should have more than just a monetary cost associated with them. Such as -

- Level also being taken into account, possibly combined Adv / craft level, so only the most advanced dragons can buy certain plots.

- Hoard Level, being taken into account also. If lairs are indeed going to have a treasure room, where a dragons hoard is depicted it makes sense that the greater someones hoard the larger their lair should be.

- Time Played.

- Time since creation.

Taking some of those into consideration would ensure that people who spend time and effort on dragons get decent Lairs, and the best ones are not just snapped up by rich players with a biped main.

Thoughts welcome [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img]
    No. Lairs have been poused back so far that they should just be quest related or gifts from the Istarian Empire. I'm not going spend my time running around eraning silver or gold to get something that was promised eons ago!
    j'Phaelluin:Mage/Monk/Scholar/Cleric,Druid,Scout,Warrior/Blacksmith/OutfitterTiaeruih:Scout/Cleric,Mage,Warrior/Outfitter/Scholar,BlacksmithMhoss:7DragonAdventure/3Crafter

Quote Originally Posted by j-Xiti
    [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Izzeriek wrote: I believe that when Lairs go live they should have more than just a monetary cost associated with them. Such as -

- Level also being taken into account, possibly combined Adv / craft level, so only the most advanced dragons can buy certain plots.

- Hoard Level, being taken into account also. If lairs are indeed going to have a treasure room, where a dragons hoard is depicted it makes sense that the greater someones hoard the larger their lair should be.

- Time Played.

- Time since creation.

Taking some of those into consideration would ensure that people who spend time and effort on dragons get decent Lairs, and the best ones are not just snapped up by rich players with a biped main.

Thoughts welcome [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img]

No. Lairs have been poused back so far that they should just be quest related or gifts from the Istarian Empire. I'm not going spend my time running around eraning silver or gold to get something that was promised eons ago!
    I doubt that this will happen, but in any case a quest in order to earn your plot is interesting...
    In any case dont get your hopes up, it will probably be for sale with coin to anyone who is willing to buy it... Dragon or Biped alike...
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Lairs, Only able to get after done RoP and got ur hoard at lvl req
    Onnidrah: Half Gaint - Retired
    Warrior: 100 Cleric: 100 Mage: 100 Spiritist 100
    Armourer: 62

Unity [Formerer ICE]
    Old Beta Player
    Tazoon irc: IRC

Quote Originally Posted by Onnidrah
    Lairs, Only able to get after done RoP and got ur hoard at lvl req
    Not a good idea.;-) I am level 100 Dragon and have 3.8 mio Hoard, so with that i have to make another 21 mio Hoard to hit requirements. With your Level its much easier to get that.....
    I would prefer a mix of Money and time since creation like mentioned before at some place.
    Kharuum / Caramia Unity
    Whenever an Optimist sees a ligth which isnt really there, there allways is an pesimist who blows it out.
    Giovanni Guareschi

People keep proposing all sorts of crazy schemes (some here, some elsewhere). Time played, hoard, only a TRUE dragon can get one (whatever that means), or just hand them out for free.

Sure, by most of the criteria I'd be able to get one, but I don't think that's a good idea.

Best to keep it simple. Make it a straight gold auction, with enough plots that everyone who wants one will be able to get one.

Just because you created your dragon on day one doesn't give you special perks. Amount of time in-game just encourages people to park their dragons AFK all day. If they aren't going to have a hoard requirement for the ARoP they certainly shouldn't have one for Lairs. I suppose a requirement that one be adult or ancient would be somewhat fair, but I don't see any reason for doing that except to make the people who do get one feel a bit exclusive; which I don't think is good enough since it's cancelled out by those who can't get one. Even a hatchling dragon might have a small lair if they're willing to put the time into it.

Besides, there's still that one plot per account restriction. Many dragon lairs will have to be useable by biped altsas well.

My two copper,

There are WAY too many dragons stating that lairs should be some sort of reward for being patient for so long. While a reward may or maynot be deserved...it shouldn't be at the cost of new players.

Lairs should work the exact same way as plots, some sort of cash bid. No minimum limit, if your bid wins then you get the plot. I say no minimum bid because I prefer to not grind for the pawnbroker and at level 80 do not have the cash to anti-up to what the cash value of many of the biped plots were.

As for dragons needing a reward for being so patient...in my not very humble opinion, that means anyone who's stuck around since close to the beginning should be getting a reward, biped or dragon. There are plenty of biped classes that lack a good set of quests to level on, epic quests, racial lore and bonuses, etc. We may have been waiting on plots and ancient...they're all waiting on something too.
    Gliding Frost
    Dark Defenders
    Adult May 16, 2004
    Ancient October 2005

My 2 copper.

Lairs should be unavailable to hatchlings so you should need to be an adult or older to even be eligable.

In addition to RoP being completed the dragon must conceed some of his/her own wealth in order to acquire. For a dragon wealth is hoard and coin. However the lore should clearly state this does not g oto the empire but to some dragon entity.

The age of the dragon should determine what tier of lair he/she is eligable where age is actually a formula based on "xp to date", Time since creation, time in game.
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

If dragon lair plots are to be meaningful and fit within the "new lore" content of Istaria . . . .

Well, I don't know.

I do know that hatchlings should have access to small lairs, just like level 20 bipeds can opt for.

I do know that copper/silver/gold can be easily farmed and muled over. Same with hoard items, both a sad part of game design.

I do know that dragons of age should have the larger lairs.

I do know that lairs are the main storage places for hoard and items accumulated over time (like dragons of fantasy).

I do know that lairs will be a nice new unfinished-at-release content addition. Speaking only from game mechanics side.

Idon't know if dragon lairs will be . . . . . viewed as they should in how obtained and/or their meaning. My Magic 8 Ball says . . . . " No "
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Thread Information