Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lairs

Izzeriek

Default Lairs

I believe that when Lairs go live they should have more than just a monetary cost associated with them. Such as -

- Level also being taken into account, possibly combined Adv / craft level, so only the most advanced dragons can buy certain plots.

- Hoard Level, being taken into account also. If lairs are indeed going to have a treasure room, where a dragons hoard is depicted it makes sense that the greater someones hoard the larger their lair should be.

- Time Played.

- Time since creation.

Taking some of those into consideration would ensure that people who spend time and effort on dragons get decent Lairs, and the best ones are not just snapped up by rich players with a biped main.

Thoughts welcome [:D]

Default Re: Lairs

This is what I always tell poeple how it should go down.

there needs to be an action system, tokens are handed out by acount age 20silver token per day, and time played 1 silver token per day. THis way the elder dragon players and those that play may get frist pick at plots...its only fair after all also that dragons can win plot via a action since biped elder players got the same option during a merge to win bigest plots with out having to pay 15G for it

and only dragons may take part in the action

I agree something like that needs to be implemented, except for the hoard part.
    Time since creation should be part of the requirment for lairs.

gopher65

I think there should be a time since creation, the RoP should have to have been completed, and there should be a Hoard requirement (maybe 5 million)

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

I don't know about hoard requirements. After all, Tagath's been in game well over a year and not hit the 200k mark on hoard once. We're talking land ownership, not growing up. Perhaps after having completed the adult RoP would be an acceptable incentive for dragons to get through the RoP (as if flying isn't one right now!).
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

HV requerment is a BIG no!. I know a few dragons on chaos that have not been so honest on there hoard they get feed by bipeds (some times 8 at a time) fo hours on endto up there so called hoard. Hence why i have what is written in my sig

What can you hoard thats not biped made?

Certainly dragon scales and dragon made spells isn't a very honorable hoard.

Now I've stuffed my hoard with trophies, but everyone I've gotten since they came out all wouldn't amount to 100k.
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

What isn't so honorable about scales or spells? I'd heard that certain spells were quite hoardable, as well as certain scales.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Quote Originally Posted by Death-Knell
    What can you hoard thats not biped made?
    Certainly dragon scales and dragon made spells isn't a very honorable hoard.
    not sure you understood me clearly.
    these few dragons on chaos at times just sit at a machine while sometime up to 8 bipeds stuff there face with items while the dragon not lifting a finger, now is that honarable?

imported_peladon

Izzeriek. I regret I know not thy nature and race to offer thee proper greeting.

I further regret that I must speak to thy speaking and find it flawed.

Thou dost speak that a drake should be skilled in war and craft that a lair may be. Yet, it has been said and been said that the first offering of such resting places will be by auction. If a drake be not skilled when the hammer is raised, then no lair will it have when the hammer doth fall. And that auction may never come but once. And that same thing doth speak to the matter of time since first waking and time spent waking against sleeping. There is no such thing for those who ever fall,save only coin to buy. Whyfore must draku be made yet more limited?

Thou dost speak of hoard level. Hoard. Pfah! Of skill in craft and war do I be, yet but my hoard is not reached of one and a half million. Nor ever has been but a little more. I live yet, and have walked long and long, and many will speak that be too long enow! <G>. And think on this, if a liar be sized to a draku hoard, what be when thathoarddoth grow? Shall it be that the cavernsswell,that they do grow youngling caves more that the hoard be matched? Save the lair be but a single thing where none other roam or live, that might give cause to offend those that live close near... and offended draku neighbours be no sight for any to see save from great distance!

Sephiranoth, called by some ShadowSeeker

There is now way to "honorably" build your hoard then. Where else would you get your hoard from? The only thing of value that you can get in large enough volume to create a hoard comes from biped crafters. If he had 8 slaves/allies doing it for him thats his choice.

My hoard is only 1.2 million and comes from various sources. A lot comes from allies giving me the hoardables like the sceptres and such.

So how does one build a 5 million hoard without using biped or dragon crafted items?

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

I made about 500k working with granite then I hit lvl 60 and moved to obsiden
    there made about2.5 million doing obsiden after i hit lvl 80 I set me claws working in the mith feild whereI made the rest of my hoard....sure I didnt make 5 million over night, took me 17 weeks of non-stop work.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzeriek
    I believe that when Lairs go live they should have more than just a monetary cost associated with them. Such as -

- Level also being taken into account, possibly combined Adv / craft level, so only the most advanced dragons can buy certain plots.

- Hoard Level, being taken into account also. If lairs are indeed going to have a treasure room, where a dragons hoard is depicted it makes sense that the greater someones hoard the larger their lair should be.

- Time Played.

- Time since creation.

Taking some of those into consideration would ensure that people who spend time and effort on dragons get decent Lairs, and the best ones are not just snapped up by rich players with a biped main.

Thoughts welcome [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img]
    Sounds good, and lairs affect more dragons than the adult RoP to Ancient as plot ownership is a main feature of Horizons. Time is an important factor as a low level, newly born hatchling won't have as many choices in lair plots as a veteran adult dragon. It will be interesting to see if size of lair (plot area) is based only on coin (which opens a lot of problems, mainly muling issues).

There will likely be a hoard representation room. I am sure it will be in "tiers" with rooms/representations selectable based on the dragon'shoard level. Certainly a dragon with 26 million hoard will have a more impressive hoard room than a dragon with 250,000 hoard.

There is now way to "honorably" build your hoard then. Where else would you get your hoard from? The only thing of value that you can get in large enough volume to create a hoard comes from biped crafters. If he had 8 slaves/allies doing it for him thats his choice.

My hoard is only 1.2 million and comes from various sources. A lot comes from allies giving me the hoardables like the sceptres and such.

So how does one build a 5 million hoard without using biped or dragon crafted items?
    The sense I get from the dragon NPCs is earning, doing your fair share. Complete a task and earn the right to be trained (to get that +10 skill).

On the hoarding side, I always ensure a biped crafter is gaining experience for crafting the metal items. This done, I dig and craft metal bars and ensure both of us are buffed with Promote Vitality. Both benefit.

The flip side is where dragons, mainly hatchlings, are fed mithril tools or Bitter Pickle cap collections or hoard drops to gain hoard. There is no "earning". There is no doing one's fair share. It just is not honorable. The dragon, in a RP sense, is a pet, like that "shakes like a wet dog." Sure the other player must enjoy that show of power, of being able to provide those crafted items, but it leaves a bad taste in my jaw.

Won't get into the muling of items, mainly hoard drops and coin, from biped toon to the dragon toon on the same account. The coin is used to buy hoard.

There is a difference between dragon farming (PLing aspects of dragons) and dragon players seeking the path of honor as they grow in power.

"While the Young must Stand and Fight
    For the Honor to Soar the Skies
    The Wisdom and Power of the Ancients"
    (Nov. 2003 video)

^^^^ should indicate earning your own hoard.

Edit: 2003 video, not 2004
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Hasia
    I made about 500k working with granite then I hit lvl 60 and moved to obsiden
    there made about2.5 million doing obsiden after i hit lvl 80 I set me claws working in the mith feild whereI made the rest of my hoard....sure I didnt make 5 million over night, took me 17 weeks of non-stop work.
    OK, so your hoard is stacks of dragon scales made by you? As opposed to the dishonorable dragon whose hoard is full of gleaming fine swords, jewelry of all descriptions, the finest armor and other various items.

hmmmm, glad I didn't hit your lair while I was playing D&D [:P]

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

And dragon who got a plot already should be offered some trading option.

A few got tired to wait for lairs to get released and invested in a plot until the lairs would finally get released. A lot of time and effort went for these dragons. Rather than farming gems to the pawns brokers like many are currently doing, they gathered harder ressource to get their plot down.

Some sort of token should be handed to them, so that their 1 year effort shouldn't go to waste.
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

I have to disagree with you there Dragoniade. You made a choice to buy a biped plot, thats your choice. At no time did AE indicate that by purchasing and building a biped plot would translate into a dragons lair, otherwise I would have taken my merge token and bought a 7gp plot.The rest of us shouldn't be put at a disadvantage because we patiently waited.
    Current ownership of a plot shouldn't figure into the equation at all. I got tired of waiting myself, but pre-merge when it was clear that merge tokens would not be used for lairs and that tokens would have nothing to do with lair acquisition I dumped my plot.

If they are going to do anything with tokens it should be based on some kind of formula that not only takes in level but time of play and maybe day of creation. That way, those of us who have spent hours and hours working on our dragons will get some reward.

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

hmmmm, glad I didn't hit your lair while I was playing D&D [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img]

This is not D&D, Horizon is a totaly different world.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragon
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Death-Knell wrote:
    hmmmm, glad I didn't hit your lair while I was playing D&D [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img]

This is not D&D, Horizon is a totaly different world.
    No, really? It was just an example.

A hoard is a hoard is a hoard. Doesn't matter what game or fantasy literature your talking about. If a dragon has a hoard its a thing of biped fantasy.

As such, you missed my point. You have to build your hoard within game mechanics, a plain and simple fact. I am disputing what blue is saying about a dragon building his/her hoard from biped items is any more/less honorable then the dragon who just stuffs their hoard with dragon scales.

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

So death-knell you find being feed haord from a biped more honarbly than building your own hoard...that is insulting.

Death-knell you know nothing off my hoardand you insult me and other dragons that have worked hard on there hoard not using bipeds as a means to powerfeed it.How can you call your self a dragon if the only way you knowhow to get haord is tobeg a biped to feed you.I may have 5 million of tulga version of hoard but that doesnt mean I hoard in other ways.
    Tonight when I log in game I will show you how rich my *vault* hoard is.(will post screen shots)

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Hasia
    ....These few dragons on chaos at times just sit at a machine while sometime up to 8 bipeds stuff their face with items while the dragon not lifting a finger, now is that honarable?
    I prefer trades, myself; such as telling a village 'gimme all yer loot, and I won't burn yer d----d huts down.'
    [;)]

Regards;
    --------->Hasai

"I feel like a fugitive from the Law of Averages."

Thread Information