Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Plan to limit multiclassing

Default Re: Plan to limit multiclassing

Quote Originally Posted by Tryagain
    Problem is there is no such thing as a single classed biped and hasen't been since before merge.
    Welp, I must be a collectable twice over then because I am 1) a single classed biped and 2) a Spearman.
    [H]

Does multiclassing leave dragons behind a bit...Yes
    Should dragons have options for matching multiclassing...Yes
    Are dragons underpowered...Not one bit
    A bit? lol your funny. A lvl 100 dragon in full ac scales using all abilities would have trouble doing half of what a multiclassed biped can do easily.
    Yesterday i watched a 125 rating biped solo 10-12 giant fire beetles at once using nothing more than heals and ae spells.

I as a lvl 100 dragon fully teched ac scales can only dream of killing 6 beetles at once. But i have never even tryed because i would need to use shield of gold and with that many npcs on me i would be looking at a loss of rougly 50k hoard + whatever i would need to use in gold rage.

Not just an opinion Malt...I have personally seen dragons solo things that single classed bipeds ten levels higher cannot...dragons aren't the gimps you all make them out to be, especially not compared to single classed bipeds...

You can't say dragons are fine because they compare to an equal level single class biped because bipeds can multiclass and dragons are restricted. It is part of the biped class design to multiclass, thus either dragons should have more than one class option or that one class has to be made just as viable as multiclassed characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowdonia Honeythorn
    [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Tryagain wrote:Problem is there is no such thing as a single classed biped and hasen't been since before merge.
    Welp, I must be a collectable twice over then because I am 1) a single classed biped and 2) a Spearman.
    [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-11.gif[/img]
    yes but I promise you this, you will not remain a single classed biped. You would be removing yourself from a key feature of the game. You would also experience severely class imbalance issues by sticking to one class and suffer from the fact that you must be a one "man" ( sorry scuse the term) army to hunt effectively in Istaria. You will be sorely tempted to take some cleric levels ( healer) maybe some shaman for blight ? A Dragon cannot do this now can they ?

gopher65

I thought you were a spear WOMAN Snow?

Snow, has been a single classed biped for over a year now. IMO, from every thing I've ever seen her say and do she is vehemently forthright when she says something, IF she says she's going to stay a single classed spearman you can bet the farm on it.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

yes but I promise you this, you will not remain a single classed biped. You would be removing yourself from a key feature of the game. You would also experience severely class imbalance issues by sticking to one class and suffer from the fact that you must be a one "man" ( sorry scuse the term) army to hunt effectively in Istaria. You will be sorely tempted to take some cleric levels ( healer) maybe some shaman for blight ? A Dragon cannot do this now can they ?
    Sounds like someone is a fan of min-maxing. The abilityto multiclass isn't a key feature of the game, the ability to reach 100 as a crafter without raising a hand in anger was touted more as a feature than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by gopher65
    I thought you were a spear WOMAN Snow?
    Eh, I've never gone in for that gender technicalities. I always hated in EQ when someone was a certain class and they just HAD to add the 'ess' on the end to signify they were a female. Insisting on stuff like Rangeress was extremely stupid to me. :P

So, the school is called Spearman therefore that's what I am. If I wanna point out I'm female then I'd say I was a female Spearman.

And yeah, as Seranthor said, I'm pretty adament about not taking extra Adventure schools. I multischool enough in my crafts I don't need it in my Adventure schools as well. If that "handicaps" me then oh well. I just won't be able to solo any and all mobs in the game. No big whoop to me tbh. :)

resisting the call of the multiclassed Biped huh Snowdonia ?

I admire that ;)

Let me know how it goes.

Charlson

resisting the call of the multiclassed Biped huh Snowdonia ?

I admire that [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img]

Let me know how it goes.
    Umm, you see to have missed the point... from the looks of it she HAS been single classed for a very long time...

personally i dont see any problem with limiting it to 1 primar class and one secondary class at any one time. of course making it so that you can change your primary and secondary classes, but realy do you need any more then 2 classes. most would agree that adults are about as tough as a 1.2 multiclass biped, and ancient might put it up to equal to a 2 class biped. there really is no reason for the ability to take 15 classes to 100. just simply pointless.

Also the skills should be based on usage. instead of gaining skills each level the skill should be learned through use. spec points in turn should be cut down a bit since your eliminating the need to spec in skills and the only thing left to spend then on are stats. unless certain types of resists were added to the table, but then again those would be skills that would be learned over time and would be capped depending on class.

Also, instead of being able to take 1 class to 100 and power level the second. the primary class should be the highest one in use, and secondary classes would need to be cut down to the level of the primary school. so even if the person has 100 healer and 100 paladin, paladin as current primary, and he changes his primary to say warrior, then the usable skills of healer should have to be cut down to the level of warrior to prevent the ability to powerlevel warrior.

Also if they rework the multiclass then they can get rid of the very annoying rating system. if the person above picks up warrior at 20 then he should be level 20 and the mobs are already adjusted for someone basically at that level with 1 subclass.

Class abilities under this system. there would be 2 different type of class abilities. primary and secondary. if you chose warrior as your primary class. then you would get all abilities that come with that class. primary and secondary alike, and say with healer as secondary you would only be entitled to use the abilities flagged as secondary. primary abilities would be the best abilities. the class defining ones, basically a reaason to actually play as that class. secondary would be the more supportive abilities.

also if a class is neither your primary or secondary school, then none of the abilites or spells or skills for that particular class should be usable, unless there is an overlap with a secondary school you do have. for instance if you have 100 wizard but as your primary school you have spearman and ranger, then none of your mage abilities or spells would be usable, however if you chose to take up say wizard as your secondary school, then skills and spells that overlap with wizard would be usable from mage, however your spells would still be restricted by the level of your primary and secondary class. so if you have 40 warrior and 15 wizard, picked up wizard later, then you would only be able to use the spells from mage that met the t1 restriction set by your mere 15 levels in wizard.

As far as xp for the duel school system would go. it would be a split system. so say you kill a wolf for 100 xp.(not realistic numbers), you have warrior and mage as your classes, warrior would get 75% of the exp and mage would get 25%, of course there would be restrictions on this was well to prevent exploiting. if you have 40 warrior and 1 wizard as your sub even if you get 1k xp per kill you would not get 25% in your secondary class. 25% of that 1 k would give you a level a pull pretty much, and so the class yould still be restricted by the xp cap currently in place. the check would work as such.every kill 1 of two things are possible with secondary class xp. either 25% of total xp is put into the class or the cap for that level is put into the class. whichever is lower. if the cap is lower then the maximum xp would be placed into the secondary class and the rest reverts to primary. the secondary class would still level fairly quickly getting capped xp.

If they wanted to be generous it would be possible that the secondary cap would be doubled, but that could lead to exploitation. as people would pl there secondary schools quickly and take the easiest school to level up as their primary choice.

This would still keep freedom to be anything. you can change primary and secondary schools at any time by talking to that schools trainer. nothing would be lost really for those that have put a lot of levels into different classes, and it would be far more interesting then creating demigods. the reason i say 2 classes is simply because some classes work best with a support class. for instance archers get no melee styles, least noth that ive seen so far, and in that they are restricted to bow at all times. personally i dont see this as probably because you cant aim a bow while getting hit so a melee class would be a boost. personally, i prefer spearman and ranger. i only use bow when the stun that carried over from my druid levels to get ranger hits. then i can switch to bow get off 2 special shots and switch back to my spear. it adds more flavor to the battle then simply bow bow bow bow bow special bow special bow bow bow, and under that system i would personally take spearman as primary since you will do more melee then archery and use ranger as a secondary class

Quote Originally Posted by Charlson
    [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Tryagain wrote:resisting the call of the multiclassed Biped huh Snowdonia ?

I admire that [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img]

Let me know how it goes.

Umm, you see to have missed the point... from the looks of it she HAS been single classed for a very long time...
    umm no I didnt. I assume and she can correct me but I know she played before merge. I therefore assume she simply renewed her account and kept where she left off. I remember correctly the time frame in which she had to take leave from the game that single class purists where still quite common in game. leading up to merge and just after is when we saw the multiclassed titan walk.

The game is much different now. However my main was always just cleric.

yeah, let's limit the one fun thing left to do in this game.

is it really that much fun just to continually grind levels for no real reason.

Charlson

We wouldn't multiclass if it wasn't for a reason...

Quote Originally Posted by bright
    is it really that much fun just to continually grind levels for no real reason.
    No offense bright but everyone has their own ideas of what "fun" is. Trying to impose your own ideas of said "fun" onto someone else and insist their idea of "fun" is wrong is in itself wrong. For me multiclassing crafts but staying a single schooled adventurer (on my main) is fun to me. For PJ getting every school (might as well be!) to 100 is fun for him. To Joe Shmoe over there getting one adventure school to 100 and 3 or 4 others to around 50-70 and no craft schools is fun. The game as it is now supports ALL of these play styles and preferences. It is one of the main features about this game that others do not have. Take that away and you lose one of the major appeals of it.

I know you may not like or understand other peoples ideals of what "fun" is but please don't make it out like they have something wrong with them, or they don't know what "fun" is, because they don't see things as you do. "Fun" has always been a relative word and should stay such.

(double post deleted)

Joaqim - Multiclassed God on Unity
    "I'm Immortal, I'm Glorious, I'm Supreme, I'm My Saviour"

Beleenda - Goddess of Melee
    "Kill 'em all, let God sort them out"

Quote Originally Posted by Snowdonia Honeythorn
    No offense bright but everyone has their own ideas of what "fun" is. Trying to impose your own ideas of said "fun" onto someone else and insist their idea of "fun" is wrong is in itself wrong.
    [Y]
    Well said[:)]

Joaqim - Multiclassed God on Unity
    "I'm Immortal, I'm Glorious, I'm Supreme, I'm My Saviour"

Beleenda - Goddess of Melee
    "Kill 'em all, let God sort them out"

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Speaking AS a single-class biped Warrior level 19, I don't really care about who hits harder, multiclass biped or dragon. My focus is on the construction of the world. I know others out there who enjoy the adventure and do multi. Others I know, like myself, barely offer themselves enough to protect themselves when crafting.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Krald

Well when I played horizons I stayed a single-classed ranger for a very long time, I was at like level 75 or 85 before I even took 10 cleric for rez. When I hit 100 I stayed like that for ages.. I just found it more challenging and fun to play like that. I did eventually pick up a few levels of healer for solo play and so I could run a bit faster, and eventually some conjurer out of boredom. With limited multiclassing I was really happy to kill like dryad event mobs like barkgrinder solo and such because well, it was challenging.

When I multiclass I find it rather dull because I am never a complete class. When I was healer I was using a crossbow and just auto attacking mobs for the most part, or even worse just leeching, with tiny amounts of damage/healing contributed. When conjurer my class spells/abilities were completely useless, I was forced to spot heal and use nature bolt.. that wasn't a real experiance for me because it didn't feel like a complete and entertaining experiance. When I was solo it took a long time to kill anything but I had large HP and avoidanceso it didn't matter, my abilities did not mean much so there was not much skill or entertainment in despatching a mob because little I did made a huge difference. It didn't feel like a complete playing experiance, just a grind to improve another classes abilities.

Wheras when I was a pure conjurer on my alt all of my abilities were balanced against the mobs and when I took a level 80 marrow at like level 54 or whatever it was I was REALLY chuffed with myself, that felt like a huge achievement for a single-classed biped. When you multiclass it just dilutes things, I'm no longer properly balanced against the world and your skill-sets are just not really fun for me.

I don't really see the fun in beating mobs when you have millions of classes.

If HZ was re-made with lore and PvE concepts in tact, I would really ask for more limited multiclassing personally simply because it would enable for more balanced gameplay and hopefully more defined roles so that grouping can be at least fun for a change. I understand that it is probably impossible for HZ to reinvent itself now and hence do not insist on limits on multiclassing, but if it was a new game, or if HZ was taken away in favour of re-development I would insist on limits if I had any say.

I really would like say, one main class, one or two secondary classes from which you gain the majority of the other classes abilities in some form or another, even if its just in augmentations of normal abilities, and tertiary classes from which you gain very little when selected in tertiary mode, but can be switched around via NPC's in order to properly accommodate the situation. So a 15 classed person would be at very very little of an advantage over a 3 classed one, but they could swap roles quite easily in order to properly help out some sort of raid or group which could be reward in itself. Of course rating penalties for tertiary classes would be miniscule but thats just how I'd like things.

I mean in essance I would do away with classes like knight of creation, and instead have it so you can make a KnoC class with levels of warrior and levels of conjurer. So like having 50 warrior and 20 conjurer might unlock blessing of istaria tier 1 buff or some sort. It'd all be very specific to each class combination so a 100 druid would gain different benefits from conjuror than a warrior would. It'd just be far more controlled and have more scope for balance tweaking than our current system which pretty much has two main multiclassing types, arcane and priestly with a few belonging to neither and getting rather few benefits.

Rogan

[img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Snowdonia Honeythorn wrote: [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Tryagain wrote: Problem is there is no such thing as a single classed biped and hasen't been since before merge.
    [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-11.gif[/img]

I beg to differ. My mage is a Straight 100 Mage and has been since before the merge. And I dont think I suffer from anything. Are their some things I cannot kill ? Yes. But there are plenty of things I can lay waste to in large quanitites also.

Thread Information