Thread: Server transfer and name change ?

Default Server transfer and name change ?

Is there an ability change servers with current characters yet ?? Not that this is a feature of other MMO's.

Checked my old account and saw my characters are still there but on Chaos. If we decide to play again would much rather play on Order.

I also notice all the names have been changed to

charactername_oldservername_;lastname.

Would there be a way of getting rid of the oldservername part ?? probably by changing the character name. I noticed the name change option in the account management area does not work.

Thanks

gopher65

Default Re: Server transfer and name change ?

There is a rename character button for those who have had their characters renamed by the server merge. I don't know where it is though:-/

If you have a name that has been altered as a result of the merge there should be a button on the lhs of your screen when you login via the website to change your name. Failing that their is always a support ticket.

At present I don't think individual characters can be moved however I did hear they were working on that (whatever that means).
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

Well, the name change is definately possible. I changed my name recently (it didn't get change 'cause of the merge..) through a support ticket.

I'm not too sure on the server change though. I mean, it worked for the merge, but that'd most prolly be a totally different concept to a single char change. Your best bet, imo, is to send in a support ticket using http://support.istaria.com .
    Truth is absolution - Killswitch Engage
    Gusi: 100 lvls of ELAR deleted and crafting forte.
    Aquzon: 0/100 Draconic Crafter achieved in under 100 hours gameplay.
    Yuthakon: 31 Berserker and aspiring Constructor.
    Proud member of Strata on Order Realm

Name changes = no problem. Open a support ticket.

Character transfers between shards is not possible at this time. Please note that the server merge wasn't a transfer as much as it was an entire database copy. We are working on a character copy feature, but I do not know its status at this time.

- Amon
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Amon what if the worst happens and GN decides to discontinue Horizons? Will we EU dudes get an option to "jump" across the ocean?
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

I am not able to answer your question. Sorry
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Quote Originally Posted by Amon Gwareth

Character transfers between shards is not possible at this time. Please note that the server merge wasn't a transfer as much as it was an entire database copy. We are working on a character copy feature, but I do not know its status at this time.

- Amon
    If this feature does get implemented, will it also be possible to copy a character from one account to another? I have a case in on this, if you recall, still open from November of last year.

For purposes of the general public, here is my reasoning. I have two characters that I am wanting to play at the same time. Before the plot ownership exploit, you could have two CD keys on the same account. Exploit found, capability removed. No problem. Well, in order for me to play both characters at the same time because I decided to do this after the capability was removed (besides the hardware limitation which is already being fixed on my end), I have to have2 accounts, 2 separate CD keys. I have that. I have not initiated the second account because of not having the second computer in hand yet. However, the current option is that I have to delete the character I'm moving and start over from scratch. Were either of my two characters low-level, that wouldn't be much of a problem. However, C`gan has all 5 construction classes and is well established. Tagath is a 37/21 dragon and is just shy on hoard from beginning the RoP.

Therein lies the dilemma, and thus the question.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Quote Originally Posted by Amon Gwareth
    - Amon
    And rather than removing the _twilight from my name (which would've been easier) you guys renamed me to biote#338558483 something when I then discovered I could no longer have two surnames...

At the time this gamewent live, Dec 2003, we were able to make a character with the name format Firstname First-surname Second-surname, hence Karaganda von Trowheald. Why are spaces no longer valid in surnames? When did this change take place? Seems a little arbitrary to me, not to mention restrictive.

Thread Information