Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New login stuff i cant understand :P

Default Re: New login stuff i cant understand :P

The patcher will be reverted, according to the devs in irc, its being worked on now.

Leviathan, if you do a find on your c:\windows directory for caspol.exe do you get any hits?

Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

It doesnt exist on my computer C:\windows or anywhere else. They reverted the patcher back and now I can log in. go figure. Why it took them days to realize they had a problem is beyond me. They should have reverted back that same day they put it out. Hell, they shouldnt have put it out! Maybe they need to add people who had issues to their tester population.

In order to help them troubleshoot it, I would update my computer information on the support site, but that doesnt work either. Hasnt worked in months. I still have an open ticket on it with "We are working on it".

Leviathan (formerly known as "Skald")
    100 ADV / 100 DCRA / 95 LSH Ancient Lunus Dragon (Order Shard)
    67 million Hoard...and rising!

"I kill where I wish and none dare resist...my armor is like tenfold shields, my teeth are swords, my claws spears, the shock of my tail a thunderbolt, my wings a hurricane, and my breath death!" - Smaug the Mighty

Everyone is free to test it just goto the link I posted above that has been there since feburary.

Do you have a C:\windows if so do you have a c:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\framework

If not do you have a c:\winnt and if so do you have a c:\winnt\Microsoft.net\framework.

The patcher has been reverted from live twice now it didn't take them days either time they pushed it live realised people were having troubles they couldn't resolve and reverted, Made some changes tried again another day same thing happened so they reverted.

Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

The easiest way to get the .NET nonsense, is to use Windows Update in IE. Tools --> Windows Update. Letthe scanner appletdo its thing and .NET should one of the things you can download.

All 20 odd Mb of it...

Quote Originally Posted by Leviathan
    Why it took them days to realize they had a problem is beyond me. They should have reverted back that same day they put it out.
    It didn't take them days, this post was originally started with the first push of the new patcher at the beginning of the week. There were problems then as well so they reverted back to the old patcher. This was the second push of the new patcher after they had a few days to try and pinpoint what was wrong with the first release. Obviously they didn't catch something and so reverted back yet again. Each reversion was done on the same day it was released so only a few hours were lost to those of us who had issues getting in with the new patcher on those days.

I'm not making excuses for anyone but you know, sometimes everything can't be perfect, especially with an online game. Every online game has bad releases of new content (EQ was notorious for screwing things up with patches); every single one. But even with those bad releases they do get them sorted and working right.

Quote Originally Posted by evilkarl
    Microsoft .NET framework has been a requirment for some months.

The patcher was tested before it hit live as can be seen here however it would seem between the testing and hiting live something happened. Either than or the people who tested it are more savvy than the majority of the users so had little or no problem.

Nope. Microsoft .NET was announced it would be requiered in the future some month ago. Nothing needing it requiered it, and so, no one tried to install it.

When you take 6 months between an announcement and the application, people will just forget about it. And it happened, since a lot of people doesn't know about framework. .NET is a only good for specialized system: school, entreprises, etc. NOT the typical user who don't know what a framework is, what a service is, and what software dependency is.

A trully stand alone, aka using the same language as the game itself (c++), is required. Not some software than require administrator knowledge to install.
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldWind
    Where did this come up all of a sudden requireing Dotnet Framework 1.1 to be installed, i dont even know what it is. Anyone know where to find it so i can download it and continue playing?
    Yup, search for it at M$.

TulgAE needs to make this requirement more obvious to users - new and those re-installing their OS and/or Horizons . . . .
    service pack for microsoft net Posted by: Eeyno
    Posted: 10-19-2004
    in the General forum. Since all of us had to install Microsoft Net 1.1 to do logins I thought I would pass along that they already have Service Pack 1 out for 1.1 This might help folks that are having issues ...
    - - - - -

Perhaps even have a link to the M$ site.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

ACtually, it was on the main login page for quite a while that .NET 1.1 would be required and had links. I guess it got removed some time ago. I will ask about possibly getting it re-added.

- Amon
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thread Information