Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: the new patcher

Default Re: the new patcher

I also got rid of a control called Launcher control which was also a Artifact entertainment file. When I went back and checked it was gone and just the RunLine.ocx file remained. Not sure if they are related but thats what I did.

cpltom

I have deleated the login file , didnt work. I have looked at the explanation they give and can give on comment on that.

SPEAK ENGLISH YOU FUCKING MORONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tried that out Thanax and it didn't work for me I'm still getting the Error ID 66.
    I'm not sure why I'm having this issue as I have yet to have any issue with the active x controller. But, I am getting stuck on the Error...

If anyone is on and knows me, Goibhnie please check to make sure I'm not on; I'm in Strata on the Order server. Will update when I can get in.
    Somewhere between the Sacred Silence and Sleep there is Order -System of a Down
    Let's have a war, clean out this place - A Perfect Circle

ok synopsis of what I did.

Deleting the Launcher folder and any files related to patching did nothing for me. The game simply replaced them.

I saw the new link provided on the account management area. Clued me into the fact that RunLine.ocx may not have been updated properly.

THis file is located in your c:\windows\Downloaded Program files folder.

I saw that both RunLine.ocx and another one called Launchercontrol.ocx both signed by Artifact entertainment were there. Knowing it should NOW be Tulga Games I simply clicked and chose to remove each. I went back and was able to login into the game successfully with the new launcher.

So you must also make sure you are administrator by going to start settings control panel and click on user accounts. It will say if yours is administrator or not.

Make sure .net 1.1 is installed. You can do this by going to windows update and checking your optional downloads. If .net 1.1 framework is listed there you need to download that. Make sure https://horizons.istaria.com is a trusted site by going to tools -->internet options-->security tab and click on the trusted sites icon. Click the button and see if its there. If it isnt add it. Should be there already.

if you still get errors then do as I did and remove the RunLine.ocx and any other signed artifact entertainment active X control. For me it was RunLine.ocx and Launchercontrol.ocx.

Worked for me.

tried everything you guys said still getting the error box with

do i trust digitial signal from tulga
    am i an administrator
    do i have dotnet installed

i have all of these things but i am still getting the error anyone with this error get in yet?
    Brain: It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob.
    Pinky: You have no idea.

I installed the new patcher just fine, and I closed all browser windows afterwards. I reopened IE again, logged in to the login site, selected my toon, typed my userid/password, clicked "Play", and the patcher launched (the transparency mask for the image sucks). It downloads "master_file_list.auc", says something about checking it, and disappears without launching the game.

Tried it a few times now. What next?

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

If I am dragged out of the woodwork you know I am irritated.

I'm trying to get this thing working for sabast and it isn't working. For my next trick I'll just lure him back to EQ2. (sigh)

I rarely flip my lid. How about someone designing something that doesn't require a friggin degree in Windows XP? >:( Its going to take someone calling my house, walking me through this on the phone, and mailing me a dozen roses for me to be satisfied with customer service at this point.

Can we say Lun is pissy? Yes, yes we can.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcellus
    I installed the new patcher just fine, and I closed all browser windows afterwards. I reopened IE again, logged in to the login site, selected my toon, typed my userid/password, clicked "Play", and the patcher launched (the transparency mask for the image sucks). It downloads "master_file_list.auc", says something about checking it, and disappears without launching the game.

Tried it a few times now. What next?
    I am stuck at the same place. Please help.

To get to this point I did all the things in Tryagain's post and completely trashed any semblance of security in IE.
    Tympest Stormchaser
    100/100 Ancient Lunus Dragon - Retired
    Erus Ex Istaria - Order

ok, I was having the same problem with the stupid information bar blocking the download of the active x componet, whatever the hell that is...oh and BTW, this thing FREAKING SUCKS EGGS, RAW EGGS EVEN :<

However, I did manage to FINALLY get it to work, by setting ALL my security settings to enable, signed, unsigned, safe, unsafe, etc. all changed to enable, closed out browser, relaunched and wow, patcher installed and game launched.

This means however, I am not browsing ANY websites until this security crap by Tulga games gets fixed.

Having Troubles? Can't get it to work? try this!

click on the start button, choose run

Type:
    explorer "%windir%\downloaded program files"

that will open a window for you that will should have several files in it, only 2 are important to the HZ launcher:

Launcher Control
    and
    Runline Control
    you need Both of these to exsist for the launcher to work if you don't have both but do have 1 of them right click on the one you have and choose Remove.

That will uninstall it. after haveing done that close all browser windows and open a new browser and return to this post :), then open another browser andlog into https://horizons.istaria.com

choose a character and go to the launch screen
    if it asks about trust choose yes
    look for an area on your brower that Says

" This site might require you to install and run the following active x control runline.ocx"
    Right click on the area where it says that and choose install

When prompted Close all IE browser windows.
    Go back to https://horizons.istaria.com and log in normally

as I find other solutions that work I will post them here

Pillaging the land and spreading Pandemonium Amongst Chaos
    Stranyr Al-Qroni
    Knight of Creation/Sorcerer
    GuildMaster of Pirates of Pandemonium

Stranyr,

That may work for people who are having issues with installing the new patcher, but it doesn't fix the problem Tympest and I are having.

Not complaining, just pointing out that there are different problems going on.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

oneirosuchus

Ah, but see, that's where it hits me: at the launch screen. Sometimes it'll load the page all the way (with a small bar at the top, under the first divider, that says "please wait for the ActiveX control to finish loading"), and sometimes it doesn't even load that page before IE stops responding.

Phar,

What error are you getting? Also, the old patcher is now up again. We will be working with the new patcher to find all the bugs with it.

I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class, especially since I rule.

Hmm, looks like I'm missing the Launcher Control even though it replaced the Runline Control. Now if I can just figure out how to force it to download the stupid thing.....
    Tympest Stormchaser
    100/100 Ancient Lunus Dragon - Retired
    Erus Ex Istaria - Order

Tarod_Chaos

Quote Originally Posted by Sarus
    ok i checked user accounts and im an administrator
    i have horizons page as trusted site

and i have dotnet installed now what?

Same here. The game will not run at all

Good job guys. Nice way to run off customers for good.

Right after I decide to continue playing you do this.

This is too much of a pain in the ****** to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by Tryagain
    umm the ONLY way someone isn't going to be an administrator on their own 2000/XP system is if they are using a seperate user account designated as normal user. Most people as in 95 percent are automatically administrators because well there is the only account on the system which is set to administrator by default.

if you are a single user and surf the web you should create another acount (guest acount)that prevents any tpye of instalation of any kind. this help protect you while surfing the web from unwanted stuff getting installed on your pc that you do not want(like how it stopped the activeX from installing)...and morons that turn on your PC with out your permision

Ok, on my home computerI had this same ActiveX error many are reporting. Here's how I fixed it:

Add https://horizons.istaria.com to your Trusted Sites list. This is in the Internet Options, Security Tab, "Trusted Sites".

Then, and this is the part that took me a while to figure out, while Trusted Sites is still selected, click "Custom Level...".

Scroll down and change "Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe" to Enable. I had it on Prompt, which does not seem to work.

Basically it sounds like the new patcher has an unsigned control, when I think it's supposed to all be signed. I'll follow up with the team and verify this. It shouldn't be this hard to get the patcher working.

Let me know if this solves your problem, in the short term we'll update the help page for the new patcher.

Tarod,

The old patcher has been put back up and the new one taken down. I understand your frustration but we are trying to get it resolved.
    I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class, especially since I rule.

Tarod_Chaos

Ok FINALLY got it to work by doing a full install :P
    And changing my security settings.
    TY

Quote Originally Posted by Smeglor
    Basically it sounds like the new patcher has an unsigned control, when I think it's supposed to all be signed. I'll follow up with the team and verify this. It shouldn't be this hard to get the patcher working.

Let me know if this solves your problem, in the short term we'll update the help page for the new patcher.
    Yup, that's exactly it and no, I'm not going to leave my security settings open like that just to accomodate HZ. hehe

I did manage to get in and get it sorted though without having to trash my security settings (well, not me exactly, my husband but same thing! :P). He changed "Download unsigned ActiveX controls" to Prompt, got the prompt when the unsigned control came through, accepted it and clicked not to choose that option again for this site and voila, he got in.

EDIT: Oh and just a note, I agree with Malt, the patcher screen logo is borked.

Thread Information