Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sunscopes

Default sunscopes

Okay, these lamps give a little area of light (very useful in crafting) -- but is there anything else?

The object description tells me that a silver sunscope gives a 'sunbeam II' and the golden one (lo and behold) a sunbeam III -- but what is the difference? I see none regarding the brightness....

Or is there another effect ? Somewhere in the recesses of my memory I seem to remember something about 'acting against blight' --- oh please enlighten me![I]
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

Default Re: sunscopes

The difference in brightness is slight, but yes, higher-tier sunscopes get brighter. For real fun, use a platinum one in blight areas - you can finally appreciate the textures of the undead critters. [:P]
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

I seem to think it was meant as a "lamp" to see better or friends to see you better in the blighted areas. Those areas where it gets dark and hazy green and rainy. As far as i know that is what it was for, but if someone else has a better explanation I'd like to know too.

GhostRdr -
    100- RVR, SPRT, HLR, CONJ, SHMN, GRD
    100- BLK, WPN, FIT, MSN

Fayde- 69 Adult Lunus/35 craft
    82nd Level Hoard
    Member of the Dark Council
    Nana & Gerard Guild Communities

eeeek!

I don't want to appreciate 'the textures of the undead critters' [:S]

I want them to go away!! Go away from nice Istaria and take their darned blight with them!
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

hehe but if you do have to fight them it is better to see them.
    I find the sunscopes helpful when in dark places, but light is
    all they provide.

They definitly make it easier to find obsidian nodes in Dralk...
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

:o
    yeah only light. It would be nice if light did something to undead... Like conferred a penalty, or debuffed them somehow...

and pallys and clerics should get buffs/abilities/something to thwart the undead types moreso than other classes...
    ~=Seikojin=~
    Horizons suggestions
    Dragon ideas
    Ill say it over and over until it is addressed...
    Take your suggestions here . Submit a help request and choose feedback from the list. They cannot ignore their inbox.

Well, Tinkers can also make Essence Lamps, which were supposed to do something to blight or the WA mobs or something. But the functionality has never been there.

Quote Originally Posted by Seikojin
    and pallys and clerics should get buffs/abilities/something to thwart the undead types moreso than other classes...
    Paladin's already do. We get Stand Against Darkness, an ability that for one minute hits undead for 250% damage. (Two attacks, one normal then instantly another that deals 150% damage)

As for the sunscopes / essence lamps, my best guess is that they were a scrapped idea that never really got finished. For a while neither did anything, even though the old descriptions said they could somehow protect against the blight. A while back though some nice dev decided to at least make the sunscopes put out light, and did so. Nothing more to them, they're just a neat little trinket that doesn't do anything fancy, but can be a big help. For instance searching for undead corpses or geostone clay deposits.

Maybe someday in the future they'll do more, but for now sunscopes are just a good way to see in the dark.
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

I use the platinum sunscope and its a godsend in all of my game play. I use it even when its light out. Sucks not being able to see all that well, and the lightsource helps me quite a bit.

Me I have a suncope on me every were and I got about 100 recharce cells in vualt..I love the suncope for it effect..best part is when flying at night and it looks like your the moon to those that are on the ground :)

and cant forget when gnome has a sunscope....thenthere worth twice as much hoarde because there all shiny :)

but another feature I would like to see added to suncope is to let them be dye for different colors. I know it can not be all the colors but if we can have the basic of the rainbow would be nice :)

gopher65

Good idea Blue:). I'd like to see that too. As much as I like sunscopes, I think more varity is a good thing.

heres a thought on how to dye them to shine differnt colors

2 of the color dye you desire
    and 4 glass nodes

so we are really making colored glass to shine the light though :)

That's a real neat idea Blue, it sounds simple enough to be implimented without too much hassle as well.

Tinkerer's love love!
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

there would still be the factor of the devs maing them shine a different color ( always wanted one to shine Blue)

That would be pretty cool. But if they would also make it so the effects ( Blue sunbeam IV etc) stacked, then I could use a blue sunscope, then use a green sunscope, and the end result would be a bluegreen shade.

So if they ever do this idea, make it so the effects do not overwrite each other, but instead stack. [:D]

That is a neat idea.. And I'll pass it along. Currently the difference between Sunbean 1 - 5 is simply the radius of effect.

- Amon
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Not meaning to be a troll.. But I think thatpretty much justproves it - the devs pay little to no attention to the Suggestions forum. The idea for dyed sunscopes was presented in Suggestions a long time ago (http://community.istaria.com/Web/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=32314). Ironicly, the thread was titled 'Dye a sunscope'.
    Truth is absolution - Killswitch Engage
    Gusi: 100 lvls of ELAR deleted and crafting forte.
    Aquzon: 0/100 Draconic Crafter achieved in under 100 hours gameplay.
    Yuthakon: 31 Berserker and aspiring Constructor.
    Proud member of Strata on Order Realm

Thanks Amon. Don't forget we still need Expert Suncsope form to start dropping as well. Currently it's not in-game.

Gusi, yes we do. However, that thread you mentioned is on PAGE 8 of the Suggestions forum. It was also posted in December, just before Christmas. Not only were many of us gone, but it didnt' get a lot of activity and very likely was simply missed.

- Amon
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thread Information