Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Patcher Part Deux

Default The Patcher Part Deux

Hey all,

I just wanted to let you know in about an hour we will be rolling out the new patcher again. We believe we fixed all the problems with the new patcher and hope you will not have any problems.

Thank you,

I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class, especially since I rule.

Default Re: The Patcher Part Deux

We are not going to be required to eviscerate our security settings again, are we?

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

You should not need to.

*Edit*

You will need to have .NET freamework installed. Here is the link of the help file if you need assistance installing it.

https://horizons.istaria.com/frameworkhelp.htm
    I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class, especially since I rule.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Oh dear. And I just got the last patching bug on my system fixed so that I could actually patch on dialup (hadn't been able to since October 2004)!

Let's hope it doesn't do something weird now.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

This is not working for me.

I have .NET 1.1 insalled, and have had for some time
    https://Horizons.Istaria.comis a trusted site

Thanks for bolluxing up my chance to play for an hour or so before going to work. Please stop screwing around with ActiveX and Microsoft Internet Explorer and get yourself a standalone loader/patcher.

And stop paying for ads in magazines to get new people until you have a stable environment and game download that won't send them screaming to the hills.
    Brassandyn and Landowyn
    The Steelworks. Realm of Order

What is theaddress or site name to add Tulga Games to my trusted sites list?
    Sammo - Order Shard
    Maelstrom Guild
    Sslik Paladin/Carpenter
    Plot owner in South March

Quote Originally Posted by Amadan-TG
    Hey all,

I just wanted to let you know in about an hour we will be rolling out the new patcher again. We believe we fixed all the problems with the new patcher and hope you will not have any problems.

Thank you,
    May I ask; why bother? It would seem you guys could've thought up a proper login launcher rather than a web page in the time it took you all to unravel the wiles of ActiveX.

Then again, you've only had 18-21 months to do it...

Not working for me. I added the https etc. to trusted site, made no difference. The only warning message was to hte effect that IE had blocked an improper use of an active X control. I had Framework installed at the time of the original notice, and reinstalled it yesterday.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

oneirosuchus

Neither is it working for me; .NET is installed, the site is trusted and ActiveX permissions are set as they should be. I only ever get as far as the launch page, where I get the "please wait for ActiveX controls to finish loading" ... I think. Hm. Now I can't even get that far. IE keeps freezing up.

Grummel

Not working for me as of right now...I have net, Horizons trusted site..etc... and no dice

Grummel
    The Annatar

Please ask questions of how to get your game going instead of bashing and /or venting. Thanks

Zvah

I logged out to see if I could log in another character, nothing. Everything is installed/trusted and whatnot, still nothing. Wish I never logged out...

/edit
    Is it supposed to install the launcher into the Horizons directory of the horizons/Launcher directory? The same files are in both...

I had it working, before they pulled the plug the last time. Its now not workign for me, I get the window message on the top to click on this to download something, and I click on it, and its a dead link. Any suggestion?

Zvah

Also noticed that launcher.ocx is digitaly signed to Artifact Entertainment, not Tulga Games. But the popup error says to trust things from Tulga Games. Not sure if this matters though.

yep same i logged out to log my main character and now it says i dont have the site trusted.. heh.. that IS the only site i have trusted on Internet Explorer.. acually if it wasn't for the loader.. i'd never use IE at all

It appears that the patcher did not finish installing properly on your system.
    The problem could be caused by one of the following.
    1) The ActiveX control was not installed on your system.
    There may be a yellow bar at the top of the window under the toolbar
    asking you if you want to install the ActiveX control.

To run thepatcher, right click on the yellow bar, and select "Install ActiveX
    control."

2) One or more Web Browser windows remained open after install of ActiveX.
    Make sure to close all web browser windows to insure the activeX
    control gets properly installed.

3) Security levels set to not allow ActiveX controls to run. One of the following messages may appear.

To correct this problem, either add horizons.istaria.com to your trusted
    web sites or follow the instructions below to correct the specific security
    issues.

Click on the Tools menu in your browser. Select Internet options.
    Click on the Security tab. Verify that under
    .NET Framework-reliant components
    Run Components signed with Authenticode
    Enable (or Prompt) is selected.
    AND
    ActiveX controls and plug-ins
    Download signed ActiveX controls
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins
    Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting

4) You are not an Administrator on your computer.
    Make sure you have administrative rights on your computer.

Ok, its installed, rightclicking on the bar does nothing, please help? Its set up in the security as well.

Ok... Well... I talked to our developer making the patcher.. He is working diligently on fixing the patching issue. I would like to apologize for this inconvenience. I know you would rather be playing the game right now but we are trying to get this resolved as soon as possible.

Your developer needs to play EQ2. Notice the launcher, notice how smooth and pretty it is. NOTICE IT WORKS!!!

Notice you don't have to jack with your security settings. Notice it doesn'trequire a web page!
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Zvah

Quote Originally Posted by Death-Knell
    Your developer needs to play EQ2. Notice the launcher, notice how smooth and pretty it is. NOTICE IT WORKS!!!

Notice you don't have to jack with your security settings. Notice it doesn't launch a web page!
    Probly be more usefull to finish what they are working on.

Thanks for the update Amadan

Death-Knell or anything else for that matter.. HZ would be my first MMO that needs to run off a website... [:^)]

not that its a bad thing.. but Internet Explorer really isn't a safe webbrowser.. very open to virus attacks..

Thread Information