Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Updated patcher

cpltom

Default Re: The Updated patcher

sorry I couldnt get back sooner amadan , what happens is when i try and log in the patcher runs, and then it checks to make sure if all the files are up to date , when it reaches the end it reboots.

all other programs run for about 5 to 10 min and then my computer reboots

I have tried restoring to all the way back to last monday , still happening.

this patcher never worked right on blight, i dont know where they are geting that from... but it never did work.
    Playing since release.
    4th to complete RoP.
    Purely Lunus.
    Dragor Firestrike - (Nobody to play with.)

Not worth starting an argument
    -Digit Dryad
    Chaos

It really seems like you guys work hard on this stuff, and it really seems like you care about Horizons and the community, so why is it that it also seems like from day one you guys have done your best to eliminate the player base? This is not the first time or the tenth that in the middle of trying to get *more* players you folks have done things that virtually guarantee you will have less?

It is rather frustrating for some of us, and if you really do care like it seems you do then it has to be rather frustrating for yourselves as well. Is it that you don't realize what will drive players away and what wont? If that is the case then I know for a fact there are a number of us who would jump at the chance to assist you with that.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

gopher65

Quote Originally Posted by cpltom
    sorry I couldnt get back sooner amadan , what happens is when i try and log in the patcher runs, and then it checks to make sure if all the files are up to date , when it reaches the end it reboots.

all other programs run for about 5 to 10 min and then my computer reboots

I have tried restoring to all the way back to last monday , still happening.
    I don't know what the problem with your computer is cpltom, but that sounds really similar to a couple viruses going around right now. Maybe you got one when you lowered your security settings for the new patcher:(?

Zideon Locke

If anyone is still having trouble loggin in even after rolling back to the old patcher then try the following.

On IE click on tools, then click on internet options. In the temporary internet files section you click on settings. The select view objects and look for the item called Launcher control. Delete this file then reboot your comp and attempt to login again.

Some people can't get in and are threatening to quit. Going to lose customers if this doesn't get straightened out soon. That would be very sad. [:'(]

Thread Information