Thread: Hello, I'm new

dekarguy

Default Hello, I'm new

Download is at 30% for the 7 day trial

Anyone have good tips for a newcomer to Horizons? I plan on playing on Chaos.

I need something to hopefully fix my trend of burning out on MMORPGs after 3 months. Happened with Ragnarok Online, Star Wars Galaxies, Final Fantasy XI, and now World of Warcraft.

Thanks for any help, and hope to see you in game after I finish downloading and patching.

Default Re: Hello, I'm new

Welcome to HZ Dekarguy :)

What is it that you do in other MMO's that seems to burn you out?

Is it the grind? Cause no matter what MMO you go to the Grind is always there just different sound and graphics heh

I have been playing HZ since release and still have fun when I play (which I do far too often hehe). I am on Chaos feel free to send me a tell or hop into the Help channel If I am online I am in the help channel << /chatjoin Help >>

One thing you will probably notice about HZ is that the community is very freindly and often quite helpful although sometimes it is hard to find someone that has time/ability to make certain items.

Pillaging the land and spreading Pandemonium Amongst Chaos
    Stranyr Al-Qroni
    Knight of Creation/Sorcerer
    GuildMaster of Pirates of Pandemonium

dekarguy

burning out on Ragnarok was the grind (it's just Diablo 2, the MMO) :)
    Galaxies was because all my RL friends quit and I didn't really make many friends in-game
    FFXI was mostly friends leaving and a little about the gring
    WoW was because of lack of community, terrible customer service, and nothing to do once you reached level cap

I'm really interested in HZ because people talk about the community, and I haven't ever been in a game with a good community (or I have but I only played with close friends)

Well in HZ unless you get someone to PL you up it will likely take you awhile to reach the level cap and the Multiclassing (as bi-ped) generally lets you keep going even beyond the soft cap.

As a Dragon there are many more quests than as a biped but once you reach the cap you are at the end of the road (at least for now)

Dragons are more difficult than most biped classes to play, but with some cunning and ingenuity you can do quite well as a dragon (many have done so :) )

When you choose the starter Island I would suggest New Brommel to start out it's generally the most well stocked, New Korellia is a close second.

the General chat and marketplace chat are both good places to meet people as is the dragon chat (although very few bipeds go there)

Stranyr Al-Qroni

dekarguy

I was just wondering after reading through all the races,

Are all classes able to interact with each other (group up, etc.) ?

Yes,the races of Istaria signed a non-agression treaty for the duration of our war with the Withered Aegis (the undead enemy)
    Get the map pack here - Get the REAL ancient models here!
    Get White Teeth and Claws for your Dragon here!

100/100 Ancient Dragon, member of the first group of 8 to ascend to ancient on Unity.
    This sig was designed for Firefox (stupid IE still can't handle png )
    www.AncientOrder.org

Any players can form a group, up to 10/group :)

Stranyr Al-Qroni

gopher65

Good God you played FFxi for 3 months? In that case HZ should be easy for you to stomach;). Welcome to Istaria!We hope you have fun during your stay:)

Welcome -

Tips for not burning out....

Don't have to be the best at any one class - so try what you like

Explore the world a bit - its big and has pretty nice scenery

Don't get into the PLing aspect - that will REALLY burn you out - you should be enjoying the class you try and if it doesn't suit you try something else.
    Putter'er of Crafts and Near Miss-Adventurer on Chaos
    Guild Leader - Council of War
    C.O.W. : "Milking the WA Daily....fear the cow"

Welcome dekarguy!

Good advice there Bulgrim!!

dekarguy

Well, I have a Dryad, level 5 Mage, level 4 Scholar now. Trying to figure out a place to get some quests (I have a couple) and maybe somewhere where I can learn to craft more things, or maybe get a couple more spells, I don't know who to look for though ::(

/wavehi

Welcome Dekarguy!
    Spellformulas can be bought from your scholar trainor for Imperial Lore Tokens. And usually u can find spellforms at various consigiers. To get Imperial Lore Tokens u need to do some craft quest or if u got some money buy them from consigiers.
    Ular Naga

Proud "Handy Man" of the -Dark Saga-
    Unity Shard

"First i followed the light then the blight, but suddenly nature showed me the path to walk"

Thread Information