Thread: Tier V tech and form drops seem to have been changed ?

Flin

Default Tier V tech and form drops seem to have been changed ?

I have noticed that ever since the changes to have named mobs drop stuff that the drops of items from other sources seem to have taken a huge nose dive. I can go to any of the Satyr Islands, kill pulls for hours and get very few drops,and most of the ones I do get are blighted junk.
    Personally I think that the drop rate was changed when they made the named drops changes.

Default Re: Tier V tech and form drops seem to have been changed ?

You know, I've had the opposite happen to me...I would get maybe 1 form/tech for two weeks solid hunting, and I have gotten 4 forms and a tech in the last week...And that's not counting the ones I have gotten from named...
    Death is the ultimate dilemma and integral to the beliefs and behavior of every culture. Life is bore on the corpses of the dead. Without death, there would be no motivation to do anything. The only emotion would be existing. Life would be pestilent and agonizing.

Ssilmath Torshak
    Paladin of Kass, Master Armorsmith

I've observed no real change at all in form and tech drop rates off non-named beasties. I tend to average one every hour to hour and a half, and that hasn't changed since the merge.

It should all be a moot point come next patch though. [;)]
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Remember, with the next patch formulas and tech comps are getting an increase. Unless I forgot how to read, there are no increases to tech drop rates.
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

I think techs are included in forms, but thats how I understand it.

If so great! inanna will be one happy crafter.

We really won't know till somebody either confirms or when the patch goes live. For me, I see formulas and techniques as two different items.

Here's hoping it both!
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

Quote Originally Posted by cauri_order
    Remember, with the next patch formulas and tech comps are getting an increase. Unless I forgot how to read, there are no increases to tech drop rates.
    Good point, Cauri--the March 9 Blight patch notes do not specifically reference techs, but only increases in "formula" and "tech resources" drop rates.

Could one of the devs here please clarify whether tech drops will also be increased by 50%?
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

It's all statistics Flin, in a random system everythings... uhm... random. General trends emerge, but it's still possible, albeit unlikely, to experience fluctuations.

Fer instance, I keep running into that silly Marble Golem named Brecah working mason. Four times I ran into her, and here's what I got each time.

1.) All slabs (teh suck)
    2.) All slabs (teh suck)
    3.) All slabs (teh suck)
    4.) Fletching V, Lumbering V, Marble Frag, and a Form I didn't like

See what I mean? If I'd not encountered her the fourth time, I'd be out here thinking Brecah was nerfed for being such a wimp.
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

Flin

Well, guess I may be wrong :) I'll keep hunting and trying anyway..

Remember the proposed increase hasn't gone live yet. Theoretically, next tuesday.

Ok asked David in IRC if the patch affects forms and techs:

<David-Lurking-Working> formulae... not techniques... techniques are the same at this time
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

Thanks for the clarification Cauri!

gopher65

I think that's a good thing. Forms should be avalible to everyone. Techs are magical and should be fairly rare. Remember, in HZ teched item = magical item. They shouldn't be easy to get.

On that note I just spent 500 silver getting 2 tech coms for 5 spells. Ouch. Hunted the rest with help from my guild (thanks Hannah:)), but even so it was expensive.

This is what i noticed. Once named nmobs started droping stuff at a high rate again i started hunting them down a select fewonce every day. When they first made the changes they were dropping techs and formulas way to often and i would never get any component types. This was to the point where i was getting sometimes 3 tech formulas and 2 armor forms, all items formulas ect. Often they were dropping a full load of t5 formulas more often than having one or two forms and junk loot.

Now it is the other way around, they always seem to drop at least one formbut i'm also getting tech components as well, and the majority of named drop 3 slots of junk with one or two formula.
    I think it's better that way and i hope the droprate increases only apply to normal npcs.

gopher65

Not sure I agree Oluviel. Even when they first came out they weren't dropping comps often, and they dropped junk loot for me sometimes (some more than others, but I don't know if that was my bad luck, or if those particular named mobs had a lower drop rate). Yet for the past few days aguildieand I have been hunting a2 specific named mobs in an area we were hunting in (trying to get comps for his armor), and we got all techs and formulas every time we killed the mobs (except for some soul frags).

In my experience the drop rate hasn't been nerfed, it is just very random. I would like to see nameds drop more tech comps. But this issue might diminish when the drop rate goes up for normal mobs.

Thread Information