Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Design Team Preview (03/17/2005)

Manga

Default Design Team Preview (03/17/2005)

Greetings All,

It?s time for another Design Preview, this one will be a bit different since I?ll give a sneak peak of the blight notes for the upcoming patch to blight and a preview of some of the things we have laid out for the next 2 weeks. Please keep in mind that not all of these planned changes may make it to Blight.

These ?Sneak Peaks? are headed to Blight?

For you know who?

?Son of Gigaroth?
    ?Uncommon Rare and Very Rare Loot Tables?

For ELAR?s and Boogie?

?Elemental Archers receive 10 Bow skill per level.
    ?Elemental Archers receive 10 Armor Use skill per level.
    ?Elemental Arrows (Flame Arrow, Ice Arrow, etc.) now have a 1 second delay.
    ?Flame Arrows now convert damage to flame.
    ?Ice Arrows now convert damage to ice.
    ?Lightning Arrows now convert damage to nature.
    ?Spirit Arrows now convert damage to spirit (note this does not make it ethereal).
    ?Spirit Arrows now heal 100% of damage rather than 50% (chance to occur remains the same)

For the Dragons?

?Dragons now have innate armor boost of 8 per level instead of 4 per level.
    ?Dragon scales now offer some basic armor protection. These values are by tier, with Tier 1 scales offering 5 points of inherent armor protection, Tier 2 10 points, Tier 3 15 points, Tier 4 20 points, and Tier 5 25 points. This change affects new and existing dragon scales.
    ?Dragon Breath of Fire has been changed to 30 second recycle time and the Area Effect removed to be replaced by a more powerful Area Effect Breath of Flame Burst (to be added at the next patch.)

Side note about the ARoP

The tech issue of the Gate of Embers lairs we believe has been corrected and will need to patch to Blight to make sure, when we get confirmation that the ?fix? was successful the ARoP will begin?More Information will be posted on http://community.istaria.com

For the next 2 weeks in no particular order?..

?More on going content for the ARoP

?Helian equivalent to Gold Rage

?Reaver Princess Scorn

?First stages of the new Confectioner Recipes

?Reworking Blighted Weapons so that they are more desirable that in the current form the first rework should hit Blight this update.

?Blighted Tier 3-4 Items and Forms should be added to the loot table.

?4 New Shields will be added to the game both Formula and Items.

?Gangaf continues his tinkerererering.

?More Bigger and Rewarding Vault Quests

?Housing Storage revisit.

?Tier 5 Town Marshalls

?Padded Handwraps for Monks

?Weapon Dye Forms

?Planning Stages for Bounty Marker Quests

There we go and hopefully we can get this as an official "feature" on the main website soon.

Until next time!
    Design Team signing off

(Hi Cauri and Devilduck)

imported_Silowyi

Default Re: Design Team Preview (03/17/2005)

First!

Good news Manga :D

imported_Silveron

Must remain calm and not get too excited... <giggles like a tree hugging elf>

Those could be very welcome changes, lets hope most make it in.

1000 horays for the new source of spirit (or cafeen) they found!!
    Good work!
    Royall on Order / Royal_wind_unity, Royall on Chaos
    Dinsdag on EU-Evernight (LOTRO)

It's 2.30am here [O]. I am dreaming.

Or am I not?

Please don't awake me.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

I <heart> Manga!
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

WOW!

umm...

WOW!!!

Thanks very much Manga - VERY nice post there on some up and coming things - I personally apprecaite such posts from you all.

On a side note: If there is any way I can help test some of these things on Blight - let me know - I wouldn't mind doing my part to speed things along. I will need to make a character there I guess.

Putter'er of Crafts and Near Miss-Adventurer on Chaos
    Guild Leader - Council of War
    C.O.W. : "Milking the WA Daily....fear the cow"

Quote Originally Posted by Manga

?Son of Gigaroth?
    ?Uncommon Rare and Very Rare Loot Tables?
    enough said
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

Rare and very rare loot tables... Reaver Princess Scorn... I have not a clue in the world what they mean, but it sure does sound good. In fact, it sounds very promising. We need raids and loot of some shape. Look at all the folks who play lag laiden Everzone II just fer the loot.

Also glad to see the ELAR and dragon fixes; most notably the Helian version of Gold Rage. May have to wake up my dragon after all for that (not much fer melee in any shape or form).

Thank you for the update Manga.

PS: Are the new crystals still sitting in Excel waiting for some code? If so, no worries as dragon's still need the love, but I am curious.
    Sajid,
    Lone Lizard of the Apocalypse

Champions of Honor

I'm curious to know if the Padded Handwraps addition will move the Hide and Leather Handwraps up along the skill ladder? IOW, will Padded take the place of Hide now (10-14), Hide replace Leather now (15-19), and Leather become the new 20-24 handwrap?

I'm looking forward to the Helian equiv of Gold Rage! Will the Gold Rage trainer be moved to Dralk once the Helian equiv trainer gets put in place?

Conf revisions... Extremely interested in this. Looks like I'll be spending some time on Blight.

Helian equivalent to gold rage?

Does this means that helians will still get to keep gold rage in addition to this new ability while lunus dragons only get gold rage? Will it mean that lunus caster dragons become instant gimps?

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

First of all, great changes!

However, I'm confused with one thing.. What type of damage would the ELAR ability 'Elemental Arrow' be considered, now that each arrow deals a different type of damage..?
    Truth is absolution - Killswitch Engage
    Gusi: 100 lvls of ELAR deleted and crafting forte.
    Aquzon: 0/100 Draconic Crafter achieved in under 100 hours gameplay.
    Yuthakon: 31 Berserker and aspiring Constructor.
    Proud member of Strata on Order Realm

THANK YOU!!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!!!

Manga and TulgAE et al. This is the kind of communication that is going to keep old players here and bring new ones in. I did mention THANK YOU!!! right?

Now, please...please...please...PLEASE....don't let the silence return for another 3 months!!!

and THANK YOU!!! Those look like some interesting things...I might have to join the tree hugging elf above ;-)

*does the happy dance while singing "happy happy joy joy"....
    Drasdil Redin
    100 Paladin
    Order Shard

One word, impressive.

You go!

That's it, I'm breaking out the big guns:

I give this update 5/5 ales!

[B][B][B][B][B]

Really, really, really, really, really good to hear from you Manga.
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

Fireclaw, I rather suspect they ment something in the line of "Primal gold raage" not specificaly Helian.... Could you confirm/deny this, Magna?

At any rate, looks great [:D]
    Lumineux Talar

gopher65

Woot! ELAR's really needed a boost:). IMO they weren't terribly playable before. Now they are on par with rangers:). Better in some ways, worse in others.

As for dragons, well, that armor boost is a good thing:). Both of the armor boosts. And I can't wait to see what the primal gold rage does:D

Quote Originally Posted by Manga
    It?s time for another Design Preview, this one will be a bit different since I?ll give a sneak peak of the blight notes for the upcoming patch to blight and a preview of some of the things we have laid out for the next 2 weeks. Please keep in mind that not all of these planned changes may make it to Blight.

[Good to see changes to Elemental Archers]

For the Dragons?

?Dragons now have innate armor boost of 8 per level instead of 4 per level.
    ?Dragon scales now offer some basic armor protection. These values are by tier, with Tier 1 scales offering 5 points of inherent armor protection, Tier 2 10 points, Tier 3 15 points, Tier 4 20 points, and Tier 5 25 points. This change affects new and existing dragon scales.
    ?Dragon Breath of Fire has been changed to 30 second recycle time and the Area Effect removed to be replaced by a more powerful Area Effect Breath of Flame Burst (to be added at the next patch.)
    Ohhhhh, nice.

But you do know, the percentage difference of innate armorbetween an adult level 50 and hatchling level 50 will be 11.5% and not 23%. Seems rather small for such thicker scales and size and more fleshy protection around vital areas. Hmmm, perhaps + 80 or +100 armor upon adulthood? But it is closer to dragon lore, so that is good. And nice work on the scales.

For the next 2 weeks in no particular order?..

?Helian equivalent to Gold Rage

?Blighted Tier 3-4 Items and Forms should be added to the loot table.

?Planning Stages for Bounty Marker Quests
    Yeahhhh, hoard powered primal spell (multicast Primal Bolt like Gold Rage?) I'm thinking it may share Gold Rage's timer, so one or the other Fireclaw.

And good to see blighted items at lowered tiers. And, hopefully, crafting higher tiered resources for the QMs for IBMs.

Now, who is working on lair plot locations and lairs Manga? Share some details soon please?
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Interpret this how you will (concerning Helian version of Gold Rage)

<Akuluxtraxas> Manga my only question til i think of another (comforting isnt it) is will the helian equiv be general as rage is (meaning any dragon can use not faction based)?
    <Manga-4tw> from my understanding of the dragons, while they love the faction differences they still want a choice in thier actions
    <Dragoniade> Does Helians get their own Silver Strike?
    <Akuluxtraxas> good to hear. i agree and many will appreciate that thinking
    * refuse has joined #tazoon
    <cauri_order> ooooh that sounds like "pick gold rage or Helian rage :)
    <Silowyi> Factions are essentially a roleplay element
    <Silowyi> for most dragons
    <Manga-4tw> i like the mantra of be what you want when you want but not at the same time
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

gopher65

I can't say whether you are right now not cauri, but I interperated that differently. I think he meant that dragons wanted to be able to use both, and which one they used would be dependant on the situation. I kinda suspect they will have linked timers so you can't use one right after the other. IMO gold rage should be more powerful, but Primal Rage (or whatever it is called. Maybe Red Rage. Maybe Redrum. Who knows;)) should have a longer range.

Also, if you put all you TP into strength and T&C, GR will work better, doing way more damage. If you put all your TP into Power and Primal, Primal Rage will do more damage than normal (and hit better), so it will be more to your advantage to use it rather than GR.

But just my opinion. We'll see how it plays out.

Thread Information